REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, & Security Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/audio-video-security-tech_10/)
-   -   Noob Seeking Car Audio Solution (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683183-noob-seeking-car-audio-solution.html)

willystyle 04-20-2013 02:03 PM

Noob Seeking Car Audio Solution

Car:
2005 Toyota Matrix (stock audio deck)

Purpose:
Add an auxiliary input or bluetooth to my car while retaining its stock aesthetics. So, no custom car decks, etc. Preference is Auxiliary.

Cost:
Ideally a solution that cost <$100 as most new car decks can be found around that price range. Installation included would be great.

catalin 04-21-2013 09:26 AM

You might find something cheaper online, but one of the best solutions is this:

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Install included in the $100 probably won't happen...
Posted via RS Mobile

Spidey 04-21-2013 10:36 AM

you are probably better off buying an aftermarket HU, if you are not willing to spend more than 100 on components to add to your stock unit. you will get better sound quality anyways, as stock units are very underpowered. or ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...TY531&_sacat=0

orgasm_donor 04-27-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8218566)
you are probably better off buying an aftermarket HU, if you are not willing to spend more than 100 on components to add to your stock unit. you will get better sound quality anyways, as stock units are very underpowered. or ebay pac audio ISTY531 | eBay

Agreed. Plus you'll get bluetooth, USB, AUX input etc...

Cman333 04-27-2013 10:40 AM

$100 is a bit of a far cry unless you're willing to tackle the install yourself. Some people are good at tinkering, if that's the case then the PAC module catalin posted should work.

basically remove the stereo and plug in harnesses

Otherwise for a little bit more you can get ipod/aux/usb/bt/mp3 playback.

superjhay 05-10-2013 10:28 PM

just saw your post, dunno if you found the answer you're looking for, but there is a cheaper way to retain factory radio and have aux input as well...

Scosche FmMod for iPod MP3 DVD RF FM Modulator FMMOD02 add to Factory Radio | eBay

uses fm transmission, directly wired in, it does require you to pull yer stereo out and run the antenna in line with this module...descent quality, but you WONT get the best sound unless you change yer stereo....

orgasm_donor 05-10-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superjhay (Post 8234674)
just saw your post, dunno if you found the answer you're looking for, but there is a cheaper way to retain factory radio and have aux input as well...

Scosche FmMod for iPod MP3 DVD RF FM Modulator FMMOD02 add to Factory Radio | eBay

uses fm transmission, directly wired in, it does require you to pull yer stereo out and run the antenna in line with this module...descent quality, but you WONT get the best sound unless you change yer stereo....

FM modulation is barely worth mentioning. I assume the OP was looking for a realistic solution.

willystyle 06-28-2013 08:15 PM

Hey guys, I still haven't gone through with this yet. I just came up with this..

BlitzSafe TOY/AUX DMX V.2 EnfigCarStereo.com

Would this suffice? Even If I go with this.. I'd like someone to install it for me as I don't think I can tackle this myself. Any professional car audio installation place would do this for me? I'd rather pay than mess it up.

orgasm_donor 06-29-2013 05:41 AM

Any or our car audio sponsors can install this for you. I have two shops: one in Burnaby and one in Coquitlam.
We're more than happy to do it for you!
Posted via RS Mobile