REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
I don't get it

Three missing girls held captive for a decade have been found

Quote:
Amanda Berry was last seen after finishing her shift at a Burger King in Cleveland in 2003. It was the eve of her 17th birthday.

Georgina "Gina" DeJesus disappeared nearly a year later, in April 2004. She was 14.

Michele Knight vanished in 2002, at age 21, according to the Plain Dealer.

Al three were found alive in a home in a Cleveland neighborhood Monday night, police announced in a development hailed as a miracle by their families.

"Help me, I am Amanda Berry," Berry told police in a frantic 911 call from a neighbor's house. "I've been kidnapped and I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here, I'm free now."

Police swiftly moved in on the house where the three of them said they had been and arrested a 52-year-old man, identified as a former school bus driver. Two others, identified as his brothers, ages 50 and 54, also have been arrested, Deputy Police Chief Ed Tomba told reporters late Monday. Only the middle brother lived at the home, Tomba said.

The three women and a fourth person were being treated at Cleveland's Metro Health Medical Center on Monday, said Dr. Gerald Maloney, an emergency room physician there.

"This isn't the ending we usually hear to these stories, so we're very happy. We're very happy for them," Maloney said.

The three women were in fair condition. Maloney would not identify the fourth person being seen at the hospital, but witnesses said Berry, who escaped from the house with the help of a neighbor, had a young child with her.

"They were crazy, screaming, 'Help, call police, please help.' ... They were desperate, crying, running," said Angela Garcia, whose aunt provided the phone for them to call police.
'I've been kidnapped!' -- cops find 3 women missing for years - CNN.com

Advertisement
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
10 years in the kid nappers house? sick....

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

LOL, Dude is awesome at the interview.

Seriously, watch all of it.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
o god that interview.... fucking golden "you know something was wrong when a white pretty women comes to a black man's arm"

deserves a year full of mcdonalds after he finished his huge combo before saving her.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

LOL

This interview will probably go viral.
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

LOL little pretty white girl running to a black man's arms
tmc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

deaaaaaaad giveaway a new meme is gonna come out from this
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
DeJesus!??

I feel bad for those girls, but LOL.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

hahahaah awesome guy
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
I don't get it

This story filled me with a dread that recent current events have failed to do. These girls were found and are now safe. But what about the countless other missing people; people who may be hiding in plain sight, people who you may know personally, people who-like in this scenario-were kidnapped by someone close to them. Just like rape, it's more likely to be done by a friend or family member rather than some random stranger.

Imagine, someone tells you they're going out to the supermarket to pick up a box of Cheerios, and don't come back. For hours. Hours turn to days, days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, months turn to years. Their story might be interesting enough for a piece on the six o'clock news and a Child Find feature, or they may pass under the public's radar. But no matter what anyone else says, you never give up hope. Somewhere they are alive, you are convinced, and one day they will return and reunite a family.

We must always remember the victims of abduction, and make sure their stories are heard. Here's hoping for more reunions.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
How long before the remix.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I wanna fuck up the kidnapper. jesus fuck

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
I wanna fuck up the kidnapper. jesus fuck
I'm not an advocate for eye for an eye but maybe he would see the error of his ways if he was held against his will...against a prison shower wall while the other inmates pop his anal cherry.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

So many first nation girls have gone missing in our province who can say there arent dozens alive now held in some kind of basement floor, chained up and sexually abused every day. Seeing how our system treats the true owners of this land as second class citizens, Im betting many missing reports are ignored, nor followed up despite dead bodies continually showing up.

You'd think this stuff only happens the crazy old USA but its in our own backyards as close as Coquitlam... and maybe one day our own school children.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
lololol police siren goes off... the guy flinches
EmperorIS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #16
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
So many first nation girls have gone missing in our province who can say there arent dozens alive now held in some kind of basement floor, chained up and sexually abused every day. Seeing how our system treats the true owners of this land as second class citizens, Im betting many missing reports are ignored, nor followed up despite dead bodies continually showing up.

You'd think this stuff only happens the crazy old USA but its in our own backyards as close as Coquitlam... and maybe one day our own school children.
The RCMP has spent $11 million investigating the murders. "E" Division have an entire unit dedicated to the murders.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #17
I subscribe to Revscene

Cops are doing some of the abusing too... I heard of one alleged report where a lady was raped by 4 officers in a cell and I think in this case or another rape, she was threaten with death if she tried to tell anyone.
Some organization has called on the government to investigate these abuses and Harper's response was that the victims should take it up with the police.

And then we see how Pickton was on the murder radar for so many years and the government destroying police files to cover it up... when Zionist news outlets tell you they are spending so much and trying hard to stop this (without reporting the truths)... I look at the past systematic abuses to the present, and take these "E" division investigations with little hope.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-06-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #18
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Cops are doing some of the abusing too... I heard of one alleged report where a lady was raped by 4 officers in a cell and I think in this case or another rape, she was threaten with death if she tried to tell anyone.
You think or you know?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Charlesincharge knows because he has 6 native hookers chained up in his basement. He puts tinfoil hats on them to protect them. Hes "saving" them, these poor souls.
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #20
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You think or you know?
Raped by four and threatened with death... the CBC reported the Human Rights Watch investigations.
RCMP accused of rape in report on B.C. aboriginal women - British Columbia - CBC News

edit - the bulletin point way that the CBC show could make some viewers think the death threat could've been a separate incident.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #21
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ that's insane that it could happen in our country. pretty fucked up
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #22
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
^ Yeah, insane. Canada has no serial killers, rapists or any criminal activity of any kind. This stuff only happens in the US.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #23
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:

Do you even know what you're talking about?
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #24
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
The timing of this is kind of freaky, if you watched last night's Hawaii Five-O episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
This story filled me with a dread that recent current events have failed to do. These girls were found and are now safe. But what about the countless other missing people; people who may be hiding in plain sight, people who you may know personally, people who-like in this scenario-were kidnapped by someone close to them. Just like rape, it's more likely to be done by a friend or family member rather than some random stranger.

Imagine, someone tells you they're going out to the supermarket to pick up a box of Cheerios, and don't come back. For hours. Hours turn to days, days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, months turn to years. Their story might be interesting enough for a piece on the six o'clock news and a Child Find feature, or they may pass under the public's radar. But no matter what anyone else says, you never give up hope. Somewhere they are alive, you are convinced, and one day they will return and reunite a family.

We must always remember the victims of abduction, and make sure their stories are heard. Here's hoping for more reunions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Dunahee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #25
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
^ Yeah, insane. Canada has no serial killers, rapists or any criminal activity of any kind. This stuff only happens in the US.
Posted via RS Mobile
Not the rapist part, but the fact that it was rcmp that did it.

Not that I'm saying that rcmp are all angels. but imagine if a crime was committed against you by the cops... who would you goto? HA?