REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   Tune up for diesel trucks (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683794-tune-up-diesel-trucks.html)

Jayboogz 05-07-2013 08:03 PM

Tune up for diesel trucks

Truck 2003 chevy Silverado 2500hd Lt 6.6 v8 duramax diesel

Hey guys my trucks getting pretty old it has about 270k kms just wondering what type of things I should do for a tune up to make sure I can get more milage out of the truck. We stopped doing services with the stealership.
This truck is mostly highway driven. Any help would be much appreciated tia!
Posted via RS Mobile

Jayboogz 05-07-2013 08:08 PM

We stopped going to stealership around 100k kms.

I would also like to upgrade my suspension this truck usually hauls 2000 to 3500 pounds of seafood to and from tofino and the handling is pretty bad compared to what it was before. Now that the truck is older I want to upgrade the suspension because if it were to break down would such because some parts of the highway I drive on Have no cell recepton

Once again TIA !
Posted via RS Mobile

Iceman-19 05-07-2013 10:44 PM

There are some good diesel shops in langley.
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 05-08-2013 09:47 AM

If you want more power out of it, you can always get a diesel tuner.

Maintenance-wise, there's not much to it. Make sure your oil is good, nice clean airfilter and use some diesel additive when you fuel up. I'm sure a tranny fluid change wouldn't hurt and if you're constantly hauling heavy loads and it's auto, run a larger external tranny cooler. The increased fluid capacity and cooler tranny temps will be very beneficial.

Jayboogz 05-08-2013 02:11 PM

diesel conditioner

what your talking about? ^^

Also what are the shops name you speak of in langley iceman
Posted via RS Mobile

TjAlmeida 05-08-2013 02:33 PM

Some options to have work done at.

Bernhausen Diesel | BC's #1 Diesel Truck Repair and Diesel Performance servicing Langley, Surrey, Delta, Abbotsford and the Greater Vancouver area

BC Diesel Online Store

Contact Us - Diesel Performance

BD Power - Product: Valley Fuel Inj

Jayboogz 05-08-2013 02:38 PM

Thanks a bunch to have you dealt with any of these guys?
Posted via RS Mobile

TjAlmeida 05-08-2013 03:18 PM

No not personally, but my first choice I think will be PDR. Just talked to them on the phone about having head studs installed and they were by far the easiest to speak to. BC repair would be my second and Bernhausen last. Just the phone call to Bernhausen alone was a hassle and the way they spoke it did not seem like they were eager to earn my business.

Anything fuel related i would go to Valley Fuel Injection. From people talking about them online it sounds like they know what they are doing with injectors and the like.

sdubfid 05-08-2013 06:04 PM

I 2nd PDR. I had some work done there a couple times.

I have also dealt with BD/valley fuel injection and northwest fuel injection.

I don't know what years of duramax but some of them had issues with injectors.

My advice for your wallet would be if it has been stock this long leave it stock. Once you get your first hit of easy power then you will be hooked. Ask anyone...

BD has been around for a long time and almost all of the shops posted above were started by ex BD employees. BD and PDR were pioneers in North America for truck diesel performance but now there hundreds of companies and shops. I used to work beside PDR and remember people coming from the states to have work done on their truck and they camped in the parking lot.

I'm on at least 10 diesel forums and everyone has good and bad stories but most are good for BD/PDR local service.

Jayboogz 05-08-2013 06:12 PM

awesome! I think there's problems with the fuel injectors as well when I hit the gas there's a bit of lag and turbo doesn't really seem to kick at high rps, this truck has problems I'll take it to pdr let them see what's up. Do you
Posted via RS Mobile