REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Abercrombie & Fitch (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684052-abercrombie-fitch.html)

dinosaur 05-14-2013 04:31 PM

Abercrombie & Fitch

Heard about this the other day....seems to be picking up some speed. Kind of reminds me of Kony 2012 in away. On the other hand...its pretty fucking hilarious.

Quote:

In response to Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries not wanting "not so cool" kids or women who wear size large to wear his company's clothes, Greg Karber has come up with a funny and creative way to readjust the Abercrombie & Fitch brand.

He's giving their clothes to the homeless.

After scouring his local thrift shop's "douchebag section," Karber heads to LA's Skid Row to dole out the clothes among the homeless population. Watch the stunt and find out how you can be involved in one man's troll-job on a company with some pretty unflattering business practices in the video above.

Funniest line: "Abercrombie & Fitch the number one brand of of homeless apparel". :lawl:

On another note, whenever I hear "Abercrombie & Fitch" I think about that super annoying LFO song...

BurnoutBinLaden 05-14-2013 04:45 PM

Personally, I'm happy not wearing clothes that make me a walking advertisement.

But, that's just me.

Edit: It goes without saying that their attitude towards the vast majority of consumers (who definitely do NOT look like their company's chiseled male models) has destroyed any chance that I buy their clothing in the near future.

too_slow 05-14-2013 04:58 PM

I used to like their polo shirts.. The cotton was soft, and was well fitted for a semi-atheletic body... The new ones are horrendous with lose fitting + rough fabric + the massive large logos, kind of like the Polo Ralph Lauren ones with the prancing horse that measures 8" x 8" on the front pocket..

Sid Vicious 05-14-2013 04:59 PM

it was funny as hell when he called out fat people

but the homeless thing is beyond douchey

dinosaur 05-14-2013 05:21 PM

yeah, their cotton use to be SOOOOOOOOO soft....like kitten soft.

shenmecar 05-14-2013 08:20 PM

^ this.
Posted via RS Mobile

Harvey Specter 05-14-2013 09:18 PM

The CEO reminds me of the guy in Back to the Future;

http://blog.fiddlefly.com/wp-content...05/630x315.jpg

http://www.danoah.com/wp-content/upl...ies-CEO-AF.jpg

miss_crayon 05-14-2013 09:28 PM

Growing up I was the fat kid. Trying to fit in was something hard to do and when I read this article..it automatically brought me back to my 10 year old self. Insecure and feeling like a loser I thought I was.

I understand he's trying to run a business and how he wants to brand his brand is his choice...but..my goodness what a MAJOR turnoff. No wonder bullying is such a huge issue in todays society when we got people like him making it seem like it's okay.

My only props I can give to this guy is how he was able to make THE best sweats/basic tees that feel like a dream. Anyways, karma will make its way to him.

stewie 05-15-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8237592)
I understand he's trying to run a business and how he wants to brand his brand is his choice...but..my goodness what a MAJOR turnoff. No wonder bullying is such a huge issue in todays society when we got people like him making it seem like it's okay.

My only props I can give to this guy is how he was able to make THE best sweats/basic tees that feel like a dream. Anyways, karma will make its way to him.

I got a drawer full of sweatpants from them. personally, ill continue to buy them and shop there.

first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this was the Chinese only signs in Richmond lol, everyone says its their business so let them run it however they want. if your fat, they're not catering to your needs to shop elsewhere.

you see this store as a huge part of bullying in society...the Chinese signs could also be a huge part of racism in society as well. only difference is one got more recognition and had a bigger reaction and not just from locals.

but im way off topic, either way, ill continue to shop there.

dinosaur 05-16-2013 08:42 AM

^^ yeah, i get that....but this campaign and comments seem to be directed to kids. we don't need yet another reason to encourage bullying and segregation.

his comments were pointless and uncalled for.

Soundy 05-16-2013 09:26 AM

Forcing Your Old Abercrombie and Fitch Clothes on People is a Bad Idea | Bitch Media

stewie 05-16-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8238638)
^^ yeah, i get that....but this campaign and comments seem to be directed to kids. we don't need yet another reason to encourage bullying and segregation.

his comments were pointless and uncalled for.

call me stupid and blind, but I really don't see a difference. this is directed to kids and bullying, and the reference I made with the signs is directed to a specific race and is another reason to encourage racism to others.

if a fat kid is upset that he/she cant fit in the clothes, then have them get off their computer from 330pm - 11pm and have them join up a sport, hit the gym, do physical activities outside. perhaps if kids didn't spend 10+ hours a day in front of a tv or ps3/computer they miiiight just be able to fit into the clothes and then be neutral about this. the only reason I actually think the thinner girls on tv were boycotting with signs n shit....they have friends who are upset that they cant buy clothes there anymore, and the thin girls were there just for support...I bet they don't even give 2 shits.

I mean, women wear lulu lemon tights.....if some fat chicks went in looking for size 30 and they said they don't make them that big cause they don't cater to women of that size, would you start boycotting the store?

I have this mind set for the reason of the signs in Richmond thread, eventually I just gave up and stopped giving a fuck. its their store, let them do whatever they want and market it however they want. like everyone said in that thread, if I cant read or understand the store, don't go in, they probably don't want me there anyways.

fail me if you must..

Soundy 05-16-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8238693)
fail me if you must..

I wish I could Thank this post twice.

7seven 05-16-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8238711)
I wish I could Thank this post twice.

I'll thank him for you. 100% agree

SpeedStars 05-16-2013 03:40 PM

:lawl: Abercombie and Fitch... Who likes being a walking advertisement anyways? Their style doesn't appeal to me anyways.

On Stewie's note. I would agree with what he is saying, but on Lululemon's invention, it brings out the ass sooooo...
Posted via RS Mobile

stewie 05-16-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedStars (Post 8238914)
:lawl: Abercombie and Fitch... Who likes being a walking advertisement anyways? Their style doesn't appeal to me anyways.

On Stewie's note. I would agree with what he is saying, but on Lululemon's invention, it brings out the ass sooooo...
Posted via RS Mobile

every clothing company makes you a walking advertisement lol :p adidas, nike, lacoste, etc. they all use well known logos to show what brand it is :p

lulu's do show off ass, I cant thank the owner enough for making those pants lol. but if I saw a girl who weights in at 240lbs squeezed into tight pants that are about to rip at the seams...I think id be writing a letter to lulu lemon about the need to immediately stop producing pants that size lol. some clothing should be considered a privilege, not a right :p

areyounoob 05-16-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8238961)
some clothing should be considered a privilege, not a right :p

No.

CT10 05-17-2013 06:37 PM

lol

Soundy 05-17-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8238961)
every clothing company makes you a walking advertisement lol :p adidas, nike, lacoste, etc. they all use well known logos to show what brand it is :p

Revscene lanyards, anyone? :troll:

ethano 05-19-2013 02:01 PM

Never bought anything from this brand anyway, it's way too overrated and I hate their huge in your face A&F logos.