REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #51
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,759 Times in 901 Posts
Looks like the promotion is resuming one June 1st but not sure how much movies will be. Also looks like Cineplex has fucked up some peoples points.

[Fun] Cineplex Store: UltraAVX Movie Pass or 1000 Scene Points (with purchase of BR/DVD) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeeCee View Post
Did anyone get their points for the $5.99 movies? I got the points for the 4 $3 movies, but haven't gotten the second batch.
not yet, wtf
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

still havnt got my points yet
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #54
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
a few ppl on rfd are saying their points got removed
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
a few ppl on rfd are saying their points got removed
are they getting a refund then?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #56
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Dammit, they took away almost all my SCENE points. Started with 1000, had ~12000 at the end of the day, and now I only have 1955. And they didn't refund my money. I'll give them the weekend, then I'm going to dispute the transactions on Paypal.
vixroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #57
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixroar View Post
Dammit, they took away almost all my SCENE points. Started with 1000, had ~12000 at the end of the day, and now I only have 1955. And they didn't refund my money. I'll give them the weekend, then I'm going to dispute the transactions on Paypal.
I wasn't going to say anything but you guys really had it coming.

It's hoarders like you that ruin these type of deals for everyone. I mean, do you REALLY think that the cineplex or any company is going to let you take advantage of them? Sure, it may have been an oversight on their part but does that mean that the consumers should gorge the shit out of their promotions/profits?

If you did it once and got all your points removed, I can see why you'd post. However, you did it 3 times on 4 movies. If that doesn't spell greed, I don't know what does.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
are they getting a refund then?
dont know doesnt seem like it yet
Old 06-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #59
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Just checked my balance. Disputing paypal right now.

I see the reasoning behind taking points away from people who bought the same movies more than once, but this is ridiculous. They shouldn't have advertised it as such.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

reminds me of the Justeat...I only got one (10 dollar off voucher), but read people were getting 20!. That's just....retarded. End result? They cancel all the vouchers.

Damn Hoarders.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
If you did it once and got all your points removed, I can see why you'd post. However, you did it 3 times on 4 movies. If that doesn't spell greed, I don't know what does.
Yeah, I only did it once.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #62

got the scene points all 9x, but i paid 5.99
Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #63
xxx

Quote:

It's hoarders like you that ruin these type of deals for everyone. I mean, do you REALLY think that the cineplex or any company is going to let you take advantage of them? Sure, it may have been an oversight on their part but does that mean that the consumers should gorge the shit out of their promotions/profits?

agreed
I missed this deal but from reading the thread on RFD, Cineplex did a horrendous job handling this debacle from a PR perspective. It's understandable that there was an oversight and that they would be removing points but how about making an announcement or at the very least send an email out to those who had their points removed? So many people are kept in the dark, some with all their points removed (even ones legitimately earned prior to the promotion) while others had only points earned from purchases subsequent to the first one (ie. the 'abuse' points) removed. You now have tons of people emailing them and filing PayPal disputes you would think all could've been avoided through a simple email along the lines of "We apologize for the inconvenience but points earned from the promotion will be temporarily removed while we investigate. Please be assured that refunds will be issued for any purchases where bonus points were removed as a result of this investigation."

Instead, they did nothing and even said that the promotion will start on June 1st instead due to a "glitch" on the website LOL .
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #64

ppl on rfd are saying all scene accounts will be audited and all but 1000 points will be removed from promotion sales, so use them while you got them I guess
Old 06-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #65
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I dont know man, im on the fence about the hoarders or whatevs.

Like yea sure they "ruin" the deals, but the companies have obviously not thought out their promotion well enough. Even the small company I work for has a weirdly worded promotion that ends up fucking them, they stop it and honor all the orders that people took advantage of, its their mistake, they should pay, not their customer base.

Similar: Online Store Razer Accidentally Posts 90%-Off Coupon -- and Honors It - DailyFinance

And i did get my points, then again I only bought 1 movie.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #66
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:

Have you guys seen Identity Thief? This reminds me of that movie. I guess everyone is these people are just using the system.

It was a pretty decent movie too. I suggest watching it.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #67
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i noticed that some $10+ movies are having the 1000 scene bonus points on them now
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #68
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I got the points for all the $5.99 movies I bought
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #69

So I just got a reply from Cineplex and they're going to let me keep the SCENE points from the $2.99 movies I bought (4000 points), but they're going to refund my order for the $5.99 and $6.99 movies I bought and take back the points from those.