REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   touchless car washes around vancouver? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685260-touchless-car-washes-around-vancouver.html)

thumper 03-13-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3mps (Post 8261633)
In burnaby, hastings(and fell i think) right by burnaby north secondary, there's a car wash place. on the very left theres a laser wash touchless machine. $10 for basic wash.
was kinda sketchy but gf wanted to go through a wash so i did it.
gotta admit, did an AMAZING job. got rid of a LOT of dirt. even a few bird spots.

touchless and brushless

just updating: this britewash location no longer has DIY wash bays because they are about to be torn down to make space for a new tim hortons, according to the development signboard out front.

however, the automated carwash in the back is still in operation. but is not touchless and it uses a track system.

ed99 03-23-2014 10:26 AM

Don't go to the terminal one. Price is good but it never cleans the rear license plate area and it left me some swirl marks on my quarter panel. There are a few hand wash near metro town bby area that does a decent job.

iEatClams 03-23-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorn (Post 8261419)
the terminal one doesn't wash a part on your trunk, every single time. around the license plate area. probably a limitation of its design, but that's a deal breaker for me. i expect a car was to wash the entire car.

i feel like wash world @ no 4 and steveston is decent. touchless and 24/7

it also doesnt wash near the interoir/inside handle part on your side mirrors.

but then again, on a price/ value perspective, i like the terminal one. all the others are $10+ starting, while this one is $8

trd2343 03-23-2014 02:34 PM

Posted in the Auto section, but this seems like a more appropriate thread.

I remember someone mentioning there's a place in Vancouver/Richmond that cleans the underside of the car as well (from salt and stuff during winter).

I can't find the post anymore and was wondering if someone can point me to some places.

SilverT 03-23-2014 05:18 PM

Posted via RS Mobile

cohan 03-23-2014 05:30 PM

Second narrow bridge north van,, open 24 hours.

meme405 03-23-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohan (Post 8442501)

You mean easy wash?

thumper 03-23-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohan (Post 8442501)

North Shore Auto Wash

used to be easywash, before they changed hands due to some sort of financial/business issues.

it used to be not bad. if the car wasn't clean, you get a free wash until it is. but now i'm reading reviews with the new operators being stingy on soap so i'm not sure what your end result will be.

ed99 03-23-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8442537)
North Shore Auto Wash

used to be easywash, before they changed hands due to some sort of financial/business issues.

it used to be not bad. if the car wasn't clean, you get a free wash until it is. but now i'm reading reviews with the new operators being stingy on soap so i'm not sure what your end result will be.

I also tried this place and don't recommend it. Didn't clean well and the drying process sucks. My car was still dripping wet. Best is to wash your own car.

afro521 03-23-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reamemiya (Post 8442398)
Posted in the Auto section, but this seems like a more appropriate thread.

I remember someone mentioning there's a place in Vancouver/Richmond that cleans the underside of the car as well (from salt and stuff during winter).

I can't find the post anymore and was wondering if someone can point me to some places.

i believe it's this place in rmd

Senshaya Hand car wash in Richmond, BC