REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Headphone situation? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685272-headphone-situation.html)

Prelude2Life 06-15-2013 06:32 PM

Headphone situation?

Simple yet complicated. I have a 150$ credit from best buy that i can use at futureshop as well and i was thinking about picking up some headphones. Yes ive been looking around a lot for top headphones for under 200$, top headphones, head fi forum etc. Alot of stuff recommended isn't available in Canada let alone bb/fs and its usually 25% more $$ here. What im looking for is some full size (over ear not on ear) headphones. I used to use my old gaming headphones for awhile which were corsair hs1a because of comfort but sound was ok at best. Comfort is important. I dont want mega silly loose distorted bass but mike from soundsgood did most of my car audio work :p so its got have some punch. Closed open im not to worried about. I dont want to have to buy an amp and i will probably be using this on my pc the most and ipad sometimes.

What you guys got for me?

impactX 06-15-2013 08:15 PM

Sennheiser RS160 is on sale (last day today) at Futureshop. Cdn299 down to 199.

Just go to Futureshop/BB's websites, search for over ear headphones and sort by price, then search for 3rd party reviews.

Prelude2Life 06-15-2013 08:47 PM

Looking for something wired for pc and ipad, should have classified. I did check out lots of the reviews on bb and fs and i picked up a set of beats by dre solo hd on ear but they weren't 5 stars to me. i felt like my head was under water. I also go the jvc extream explode and those were also quite sad. Lots of times you dont know whos writing these reviews... could be a 40 year old woman or a 13 year old kid.

Recon604 06-15-2013 09:05 PM

shure se headphones

Prelude2Life 06-15-2013 09:07 PM

Wish FS or BB sold them. All i found by shure was mics and recording gear

-lincolnboi- 06-15-2013 09:11 PM

Did you try on the bose ae2i? They lack bass, but are quite comfortable lol

Prelude2Life 06-15-2013 09:14 PM

Yea checked those out on display. They were crisp but you nailed the bass issue.

Manic! 06-15-2013 09:17 PM

FS got rid of all there quality headphones and replaced them with fashion brand junk. I looked at there site and could not find anything to recommend you.

Prelude2Life 06-15-2013 09:22 PM

Yea its sad.... I wonder if people actually plug those headsets into something or just wear it around their necks as bling...

I am looking into Sennheiser HD429 but so many mixed reviews, great bass to bass sucks. Some are saying u have to leave a gap for the pin other say you need a portable amp. wheres that damn eye rolling emot

Manic! 06-15-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prelude2Life (Post 8261448)
Yea its sad.... I wonder if people actually plug those headsets into something or just wear it around their necks as bling...

I am looking into Sennheiser HD429 but so many mixed reviews, great bass to bass sucks. Some are saying u have to leave a gap for the pin other say you need a portable amp. wheres that damn eye rolling emot

Just go to FS with your mp3 player with tracks you know and have a listen. They will open them up and let you have a listen.