REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Your favourite place for noodles (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685431-your-favourite-place-noodles.html)

Fcukedd 06-20-2013 12:55 AM

Your favourite place for noodles

Hey guys,

Just curious to know where your go-to places are for noodles, specifically noodle in soup.

My friend and I always fiending some, but never know where to go.

Thanks! :fullofwin:

Nlkko 06-20-2013 02:58 AM

i like the japanese ramen shops down robson near denman.
Posted via RS Mobile

sonick 06-20-2013 09:18 AM

For chinese wonton noodles I like Tsim Chai in Richmond or Michigan Noodle House.

corollagtSr5 06-20-2013 02:35 PM

Best udon in Vancouver please?

shawnly1000 06-20-2013 03:08 PM

Hoi An

Kintaro, Santouka, Marutama

jtrinh 06-20-2013 06:05 PM

I feel the quality at Santouka has gone down.. Toroniku is the only thing I still like.
G-men is my go to ramen shop now.

Lao Shan Dong for Taiwanese beef noodle.

keifun 06-20-2013 08:20 PM

Deer Garden for my fish soup noodles.

Marshall Placid 06-20-2013 09:49 PM

Deer Garden Signatures Richmond Continental Mall (I think that is the name for that mall) for laksa base noodles (be prepared to wait 10 to 20 minutes during dinner time or lunch time hours)

Shang Noodle House Richmond for a sweeter laksa base noodles or other base noodles (park inside the apartment parking and get a parking sign from the restaurant or park on the streets)

Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodles Richmond. The one in West Vancouver is also good, but not as good as the one in Richmond.

Japanese udon Gyo-o at Continental Mall Richmond.

AW607 07-01-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Placid (Post 8265076)
Deer Garden Signatures Richmond Continental Mall (I think that is the name for that mall) for laksa base noodles (be prepared to wait 10 to 20 minutes during dinner time or lunch time hours)

The one in Continental's iffy. A friend of mine had to wait at least half an hour for his, and when it came he had a fly in his soup.. He told the waitress and they looked at him as if he put it in there himself :rukidding: The Deer Garden in Alexandra tends to be a lot better IMO.

A place I enjoy going to for ramen is G-Men @ Nanchuu in Alexandra. I would choose the RCMP Ramen there nine times out of ten (if you like dat shit spicy) :megusta:

rageguy 07-01-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AW607 (Post 8272533)
The one in Continental's iffy. A friend of mine had to wait at least half an hour for his, and when it came he had a fly in his soup.. He told the waitress and they looked at him as if he put it in there himself :rukidding: The Deer Garden in Alexandra tends to be a lot better IMO.

A place I enjoy going to for ramen is G-Men @ Nanchuu in Alexandra. I would choose the RCMP Ramen there nine times out of ten (if you like dat shit spicy) :megusta:

+1 for G-Men when you are in Richmond. It's so expensive though.

That RCMP ramen. So spicy yet so addictive :drunk:

Matlock 07-01-2013 06:24 PM

We prefer the Deer Garden on Fraser and 47th in Vancouver. The food just seems a notch higher in quality.

Marshall Placid 07-01-2013 10:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the G-Men place.

Was wondering where the G-Men Ramen restaurant went...

I now know it moved from Continental to Alexandra... WILL try it this weekend!

Porschedog 07-01-2013 11:00 PM

+1 for Deer Garden

Purely 07-01-2013 11:41 PM

+1 Deer Garden on Fraser and 47th

keifun 07-03-2013 05:48 PM

I prefer the Deer Garden on Alexandra over Continental Plaza, but parking sucks balls at the Alexandra rd. location.

Gotta give the one on Fraser a try now.

Fcukedd 07-03-2013 11:00 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I tried both Gyo-o and G-Men, and was a good experience but a bit on the expensive side. Would definitely go again though.

Personally don't like Deer Garden that much as what they serve seem to be things I can easily make at home. Some of their soups are definitely good though.

Any more recommendations for soupy noodles? Looking for Japanese and Korean cuisine in particular.

badboy 07-05-2013 10:49 PM

Pho Tam.

jonwon 07-06-2013 01:54 AM

wangs on granville

willystyle 08-24-2013 10:50 AM

Anyone been to Santouka Ramen recently?

Last time I went was a few years ago, but I ordered noodle soup/rice combo (spicy broth/ikura don) the other day. The quality has gone downhill tremendously, the noodles, the broth, and the cha-shu. None of those ingredients were as good as before. Just me or does it suck now?

The cha-shu was so rough, I remember it used to be soft and just melts in your mouth.

Jer3 08-25-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willystyle (Post 8306835)
Anyone been to Santouka Ramen recently?

Last time I went was a few years ago, but I ordered noodle soup/rice combo (spicy broth/ikura don) the other day. The quality has gone downhill tremendously, the noodles, the broth, and the cha-shu. None of those ingredients were as good as before. Just me or does it suck now?

The cha-shu was so rough, I remember it used to be soft and just melts in your mouth.

no i think it has declined in quality the last time i was there...although the broth and chashu were still ok. it's the noodles for the tsukemen that was underdone. not too sure about the ramen though.

bcrdukes 08-25-2013 06:53 PM

If I could illustrate Santouka's quality over a period of time, it would look like Blackberry's stock prices or the Dow Jones on a terrible day.

I thought it had already hit rock bottom but from the sounds of it, I think it's trying to dig its own grave.

trancehead 08-25-2013 09:14 PM

crystal mall. first shop infront of you when you take the escalator up to food court from the market below

i think its shan dong style noodles (from mainland China)

6793026 08-26-2013 07:55 AM

^ to be honest, that place that uses individual pots is great but really, it's just any typical noodles.

guurl 09-03-2013 12:11 AM

Hu Tieu Nam Vang @ Trung Nguyen Cafe on Kingsway.
You could either eat it dry w/ soup on the side or in soup.. But I prefer to eat it dry. w/ soup on the side.
nom nom nom

Bun Cha Ca @ Hoang Yen on Victoria and 35th (noodle in soup)