REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   ANNOUNCEMENT: Help Test the new Classifieds System (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686134-announcement-help-test-new-classifieds-system.html)

SkinnyPupp 07-09-2013 11:37 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT: Help Test the new Classifieds System

We're getting ready to launch our new classifieds system, Revscene Vancouver Classifieds, replacing the method of making forum posts to sell stuff.

The new system has several advantages:

-Ads are 'permanent' - you can leave it be, instead of having to worry to come back and bump it every other day. This keeps these threads from cluttering the forum.

-OBO price format - You can set a price, as well as a 'buy it now' price if you don't want to consider offers.

-Shipping and online payment - if you aren't local, you can set a shipping fee, and even accept immediate payment via paypal

-Integrated feedback - the feedback system will be replaced with an integrated feedbak system, which allows buyers and sellers to leave ratings. This gives viewers the option of being able to see feedback immediately, rather than digging through the feedback form. Until we can figure out a way to move the feedback over, we'll have to leave that forum up though

-Ads visible throughout the forum - I am going to look into a way to show the latest - or featured - ads on the main forum. This should help visibility for everyone.

Ideally, this will allow us to become a destination for people to buy and sell stuff in Vancouver and BC, rather than just within the community. I want people to think of coming here as well as Craigslist when they decide to sell something. The forum based system just doesn't work well enough for this, IMO

Right now, normal users can place an unlimited number of ads. So if you have an ad up now, please move it over! If not, please consider making a fake (but realistic) ad. Pretend to sell your car, etc.

Before the system goes live, we'll wipe it and start over. After that, we'll ask everyone to move their existing ads over again, and after a period of time the old system will be shut down and inaccessible.

For now though, just post a couple ads so we get an idea of where to go from here.

Thanks! :fullofwin:

trancehead 07-09-2013 11:43 PM

thats awesome, thanks dude

from one programmer to another, how many hours did this whole ordeal take SkinnyPupp?

SkinnyPupp 07-09-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 8278121)

from one programmer to another, how many hours did this whole ordeal take SkinnyPupp?

None, we bought it :)

Tim Budong 07-10-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 8278121)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8278123)
None, we bought it :)

:lawl::lawl::lawl:

SkinnyPupp 07-10-2013 05:57 AM

Why spend all that time programming something when you can just buy it and have fully supported software?

cctw 07-10-2013 08:22 AM

how are the rules going to work?..Same as current classifieds? Are we allowed to sell new stuff?

trancehead 07-10-2013 10:34 AM

haha

mos_skeeto 07-10-2013 10:34 AM

Looking good. Some nitpicking/very minor issues:

In the 'Wanted By' section in 'Want To Buy' (showproduct.php) there's an extra } after each field.

In the thread listing in 'Wanted By' the table headers don't match up with the content.

| Ads | Views | Date |
and
| Thumbnail | Ad | Views | Date |

The WYSIWYG is a bit clumsy and likes to add <br> before and after lists.

sdubfid 07-10-2013 01:23 PM

I'm not a fan of this classifieds system as I've used it on other forums but it gets the job done. Sold my Ferrari pretty quickly.

FerrariEnzo 07-10-2013 02:13 PM

I clicked it and though, wow.. looks nice..

when to make an AD and I was like.. WTF did I go into a different site.. haha.. lots of sections to fill in... not bad...

SkinnyPupp 07-11-2013 05:15 AM

10 ads so far, and we got some good feedback! Come on people, please help out! post an ad!

CP.AR 07-11-2013 05:39 AM

Skinnypupp you are a legend..

SkinnyPupp 07-11-2013 05:42 AM

:rukidding: THE legend

!SG 07-11-2013 05:58 AM

^^^ you're will smith in a post humanity new york?

i thought you were in hongkong?!