REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Domestic Tech Resources

Domestic Tech Resources All Domestics (Chevy, Ford, Chrysler) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 07-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Ford Owners?

Anyone here with a Ford? Trying to find out which Ford dealers in the GVRD have a good service department.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 08-31-2013 at 06:54 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I've got a couple of F350 PSD if that counts. I do nearly all the work myself. I think most of the dealerships are about the same.
marksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Brown Bros? I don't personally own a ford but relative does and thats where they service them.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
Why not an independent shop?
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Witness protection

warranty issues.

so far i've been told to avoid hallmark and metro.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I been to Coastal on terminal ave and Ocean Park Ford. Both are generally pretty good as long you don't ask stupid questions like "can I put synthetic oil in my engine? ppl said it's better".
Advisors at both locations are generally older gentlemen and which i suppose they all been there for a long time. As long you know what you are going there for and know your shit they are happy to serve you, definitely not noobie friendly.
I think at Ford, they sort of expect you to know whats going on with your vehicle or else go buy a Toyota, ok ok...maybe for truck owners
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I have 3 Fords and always go to Coastal Ford Bby and one of them 2013 Escape Titanium was purchased there good people !
sean_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Witness protection

thanks for the replies everyone. i bought my car from ken evans ford in duncan back in the day and because i'm now in vancouver i can't go back there and was not sure where to go.

there is someone else here who said not to go to coastal because of a bad experience he had... i can't find the thread, but it was really bad. something about a heater core blowing up and dumping coolant all over the interior carpet after a repair.

Last edited by thumper; 08-28-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
I would recommend browns.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Yea I bought my gt from brown bros, good people there
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonydakiller View Post
I been to Coastal on terminal ave and Ocean Park Ford. Both are generally pretty good as long you don't ask stupid questions like "can I put synthetic oil in my engine? ppl said it's better".
Advisors at both locations are generally older gentlemen and which i suppose they all been there for a long time. As long you know what you are going there for and know your shit they are happy to serve you, definitely not noobie friendly.
I think at Ford, they sort of expect you to know whats going on with your vehicle or else go buy a Toyota, ok ok...maybe for truck owners
x2. i bought my truck at coastal, but get i get it serviced at ocean park because its so much closer to my house. both have good service departments.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #12
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
thanks for the replies everyone. i bought my car from ken evans ford in duncan back in the day and because i'm now in vancouver i can't go back there and was not sure where to go.

there is someone else here who said not to go to coastal because of a bad experience he had... i can't find the thread, but it was really bad.
I had nothing but the best from coastal ford lol, the truck came with the hottie who was doing all the paperwork for me. I bought the truck, she said "oh we can have it detailed for you, but youd have to pick it up tomorrow if you don't mind, so instead you can take my car". took her car. she had to call me later on asking what I was doing lol, she "forgot something" in her car. only for her to call me at 1am telling me to come to a club cause theres no cute guys there. I couldn't go...so she sent me pictures to entice me .

I love ford!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Witness protection

you lead a blessed life stewie

i was on another message board and was told there to avoid dam's ford-lincoln... i don't even know where that one is. surrey?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
Banned By Establishment

Yeah avoid Dams at all costs.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #15
Witness protection

anyone have comments about key west ford? this is closer to work for me.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I would say key west ford, dams is good too.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #17
Witness protection

thanks again everyone. i tried to do a google search but almost all the reviews are based on sales, not the service dept.

i'm going to give key west ford a shot since they are closest.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Key west has been good to me. Their sales/waiting rooms are a little worse for wear but they make up for it in service (for me at least) I've been going there for years for tire mounting/balance (they have a couple hunter roadforce balancers and are recommended by tire rack) Good service dept

Also bought a car from them haha.

Coastal is also good if you can't get to key west.
IonLion is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
I don't know about the service dept, but if the sales dept is any indication avoid the fuck out of MSA Ford.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #20
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonLion View Post
Key west has been good to me. Their sales/waiting rooms are a little worse for wear but they make up for it in service (for me at least) I've been going there for years for tire mounting/balance (they have a couple hunter roadforce balancers and are recommended by tire rack) Good service dept

Also bought a car from them haha.

Coastal is also good if you can't get to key west.
i went last friday but the person i need to speak to (because ford customer service care is now involved with my warranty issues) was already gone for the day (i was very late because of work). the place does look very old, but i hope that does not reflect on the work and service. i only spent a few minutes in the showroom... i was stupified at how much a roush mustang costs

hope to try again later this week.

but on a side note: there are two coastal fords? which one is better or are they pretty much the same?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
If you're still looking, Coastal ford in Burnaby is a fantastic dealer.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #22
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
If you're still looking, Coastal ford in Burnaby is a fantastic dealer.
is this where you get your car serviced?

there was a thread a few years back that i haven't been able to find here where an RS member vented his anger over his poor treatment at coastal over a warranty claim. for the life of me i cannot remember his screename, but it involved a defective heater core and coolant dumping into the footwell after they did not fix it.

but that was a few years ago and you are referring to now so...

Last edited by thumper; 11-04-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Avoid Brown Bros at all costs! Went to them when I first moved here for service work on my SVT Focus. Too pricey and their level of knowledge is not very good. Delt with Stuart in BB Performance and I don't have the SVT any longer because of their work!
On another note, just purchased a Focus ST from Ocean Park (take that BB) and will let you know how it goes...
Hemisfear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #24
Banned By Establishment

lol, pretty sure brown bros has an excellent level of knowledge of anything SVT, considering they are one of the best places to get a vehicle tuned in the lower mainland.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #25
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisfear View Post
Avoid Brown Bros at all costs! Went to them when I first moved here for service work on my SVT Focus. Too pricey and their level of knowledge is not very good. Delt with Stuart in BB Performance and I don't have the SVT any longer because of their work!
On another note, just purchased a Focus ST from Ocean Park (take that BB) and will let you know how it goes...
stuart is now on the dealership side service dept. apparently. he swapped with someone from the other side. not to familiar with his replacement.

ocean park is really far away for me but keep me informed.