REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Parking question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686478-parking-question.html)

i-vtecyo 07-19-2013 10:10 PM

Parking question

so there is construction with sewers pipes going on around my neighborhood and the city of vancouver planted some "temporary no parking" signs up. Now the thing is that the signs say from 7am-5pm, parking is prohibited, however it does not say monday-fri ect. I know most of the times (correct me if im wrong) these construction workers do not work on the weekends unless its an emergency, which i doubt or they would be staying till at least 5pm. My question is, would i be able to park there and not be ticketed/towed in the morning? I'd call the city of vancouver, however its closed and the dispatch said she had no idea.

Spidey 07-19-2013 10:24 PM

My guess would be no. Since it does not post which days, I would assume it is 7 days a week.

racerman88 07-19-2013 10:42 PM

Did you call 311?

i-vtecyo 07-19-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 8285210)
Did you call 311?

yup, their hours are until 10pm. I got directed to an after hour service receptionist and the lady said she had no idea.

godwin 07-19-2013 11:22 PM

If it doesn't indicate the day you will have to assume it is 7 days.. or else they would have said Mon - Fri.. also for construction sites I don't think they ticket.. they just tow, because the clock is ticking. You are right they often not work on weekends (especially City of Vancouver crew).. but would you risk that?

ancient_510 07-20-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8285244)
If it doesn't indicate the day you will have to assume it is 7 days.. .. but would you risk that?

Busters Towing never sleeps...

yray 07-20-2013 11:55 AM

move the sign :troll:

punkwax 07-20-2013 12:49 PM

Don't mean to hijack thread, but have related question.

Can a vehicle be parked beside a no parking sign and have less than half of the vehicle beyond the sign itself (but no where close to obstructing the driveway). I imagine they mount the sign where it's convenient ie. a lamp post if possible.

Sometimes my car is like a foot past the sign and I haven't received a ticket, just curious to know if its strictly enforced that you have to be all the way past the sign..

Mr.Jay 07-20-2013 01:00 PM

assume 7 days a week

happened when my neighbour was getting his house built

you will get two courtesy tows where they will move your car to a different block or something along that line or at least I did haha

one of the times was on a Saturday so I would deff assume 7 days a week

finbar 07-20-2013 01:10 PM

Happened in my neighbourhood. Crews sometimes worked weekends.
If they didn't show by 8am it wasn't happening that day.

racerman88 07-22-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8285546)
Don't mean to hijack thread, but have related question.

Can a vehicle be parked beside a no parking sign and have less than half of the vehicle beyond the sign itself (but no where close to obstructing the driveway). I imagine they mount the sign where it's convenient ie. a lamp post if possible.

Sometimes my car is like a foot past the sign and I haven't received a ticket, just curious to know if its strictly enforced that you have to be all the way past the sign..

Whole car has to be on the other side of the pole to be legal.
If you are a little past the pole, it should not be an issue. But to be safe keep the whole car on the legal side.