REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Short film; Japans underground automotive culture, bosozoku, gangsters and Lambos (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686691-short-film%3B-japans-underground-automotive-culture-bosozoku-gangsters-lambos.html)

Harvey Specter 07-26-2013 04:01 AM

Short film; Japans underground automotive culture, bosozoku, gangsters and Lambos

Too bad this film wasn't longer...

Underground Hero : Love To Hate Me | Maiham media ???????? Film & Photo

StylinRed 07-26-2013 04:23 AM

its in 4k nice

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-26-2013 10:30 AM

that is sick.

Yodamaster 07-26-2013 10:46 AM

I wouldn't call it a video about the culture, I'd call it a short biography of some guy that owns a gross looking lamborghini. This screams "look at me everyone, look at how rich and bad ass I am, right guys? right?"

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-26-2013 11:03 AM

^
you can be sure all the people in that culture are similar or have similar beliefs that lead them to similar actions... therefore similar results.

Traum 07-26-2013 11:12 AM

IMO, a lot of these Japanese sub-cultures (eg. bosozoku) and society phenomenons (eg. hikikomori) are really backlashes against the closed and highly conformist society that Japan is. A lot of people crave for freedom and individuality, but in Japan, as the Japanese saying goes, "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down". So depending on the personality, some people withdraw into themselves (as is the case for hikikomori), while others seek these off-the-wall sub-cultures as channels of expression for themselves.

Verdasco 07-26-2013 09:26 PM

clickede cause of lambos... and gansters...

Marshall Placid 07-26-2013 10:08 PM

Well edited/shot film.

BBMme 07-26-2013 10:23 PM

Two thump up!
Posted via RS Mobile

BaoTurbo 07-27-2013 01:00 AM

Those are some silly looking bikes. I never understood why the Japanese are so "flashy" or maybe I just think so.

dee242 07-27-2013 01:09 AM

am i the only one that cant take that biker gang seriously lol

Noir 07-27-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8289707)
IMO, a lot of these Japanese sub-cultures (eg. bosozoku) and society phenomenons (eg. hikikomori) are really backlashes against the closed and highly conformist society that Japan is. A lot of people crave for freedom and individuality, but in Japan, as the Japanese saying goes, "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down". So depending on the personality, some people withdraw into themselves (as is the case for hikikomori), while others seek these off-the-wall sub-cultures as channels of expression for themselves.

Keeping this in mind...

This video is only cool to people like us with a culture like us. But if you ask Japanese people themselves, young or old, cool or uncool... these sub-cultures aren't considered cool, much like other things we idolize in our western society...

ie.

We worship gangsters... being a Yakuza is a huge turn off to most girls in Japan, and practically labels you a social leper where no one wants anything to do with you.

We worship street racers... "hashiriya" is actually considered a geeky culture there.

JDął 07-27-2013 09:25 AM

Guy comes off as a total poseur. "I'm so bad, look at me! I always wanted to grow up to be a badass!" The loudest person in the room usually has the least to offer....

As for Japanese Lamborghini's, LB Performance is where it's at:
http://thepaperwall.com/wallpapers/c...ae66bc284d.jpg
http://thepaperwall.com/wallpapers/c...30ae68704a.jpg

duy- 07-27-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee242 (Post 8290152)
am i the only one that cant take that biker gang seriously lol

feels kind of like their version of james dean rebel without a cause, i dont get it, but its not always easy understanding a different culture.

dbaz 07-27-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8289707)

uhh hikkikomori isnt a backlash, its more like a person closing themselves off because of things, most likely bullying(60%-70%). so it would be a result. hell it happens all over the world now, its a growing problem in korea and china and even in parts of europe. in japan its commonly the result of a person who doesnt have a group as almost everything while someone is young in japan is group orientated(school, school clubs, teams, friends, job interviews etc etc) and therefore get picked on. the rest would probably be from those who seem themselves as failures after failing multiple job interviews, if they dont kill themselves instead(unfortunately, not a joke.). for backlashes against the conformist society you are looking at all the small weird shit minorities do. eyeball licking, donut heads etc etc. biggest gaining "backlashes" imo right now is what is being called "the gender swaps"(soushoku danshi, nikushoku Joshi, ikumen and career women) considering japans recent history and staple of "manliness" a lot of hardcore purists are pissed. but when you let people see what happens in the outside world, eventually it will happen in japan too.