REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   paintball (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686777-paintball.html)

stewie 07-29-2013 09:21 AM

paintball

not sure if this should be here or the sports section...

anyways, ive only gone maybe 4-5 times in my life and me and the gf(never gone) were wanting to try it.

anyone have any recommendations as to where we should go and whos got the best pricing?

so far from what ive found is a place out in maple ridge, seems to be pretty decent with a 60$ admission fee, covers the gun, refills, and 500 paintballs, goggles and coveralls, with 100 extra balls at 10$ and 500 balls for 45$.

anyone have any input as to best fields they've been to etc

TIA

instantneedles 07-29-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8291123)
not sure if this should be here or the sports section...

anyways, ive only gone maybe 4-5 times in my life and me and the gf(never gone) were wanting to try it.

anyone have any recommendations as to where we should go and whos got the best pricing?

so far from what ive found is a place out in maple ridge, seems to be pretty decent with a 60$ admission fee, covers the gun, refills, and 500 paintballs, goggles and coveralls, with 100 extra balls at 10$ and 500 balls for 45$.

anyone have any input as to best fields they've been to etc

TIA

I went to an outdoor paintball field in maple ridge - the one I went to was like mosquito breeding zone

overall, it wasn't bad. a good mix of maps, very realistic setups, and good equipment. They allow you to bring your own guns if i remember correctly.

paintballing is awesome if you got a big group going - good company brings good times

BoostedBB6 07-29-2013 11:57 PM

The place in Maple Ridge is good, but brings LOTS of OFF Bug Spray with you.... I think the last time I went I got light headed from all the blood loss from the skeeters!

pb.kidz 07-30-2013 12:31 AM

Ambush in surrey is good, so is panther in langley.

stewie 07-30-2013 08:01 AM

Which one would be the best "newbie friendly"?
Me and the gf will try, but were not going to be acting like Rambo diving over things while shooting etc.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hondaracer 07-30-2013 08:48 AM

Paintball is so full of clowns who take it so seriously me and my buddies stopped playing after we dropped like 1000-1500 each on setups, almost punched a few guys out at the twassen field getting in my face arguing that they got me first etc :/

Ambush in surrey seemed usually pretty friendly
Posted via RS Mobile

xnammerboiii 07-30-2013 01:21 PM

Ambush in surrey is not bad but there are usually pros

melloman 07-30-2013 01:36 PM

Panther is Langley was fun. Saw afew pros there aswell..

Also gone to Richmond Indoor, seemed abit more tame there. Usually I've gone in groups of friends so we can either rent out a map to ourselves, or play 1 team vs another team thats there.

JKam 07-30-2013 03:17 PM

I always go to Panther. Private groups are the way to go.

Dragon-88 07-31-2013 10:19 PM

I've played at Panther, Ambush and Richmond indoor.

Richmond indoor paintball has 50% off premium paint for the summer until September. Girls play free on fridays (except cost of paint) and they have a very friendly staff. Lots of different games and the floor isnt as slippery as it used to be.

I usually play Panther and Ambush for their speedball, but their rec ball fields are amazing aswell.

Ill be at rip this friday so let me know if your going.

If you are new to the sport, I encourage you to remember 2 rules strictly enforced at every field: Never take your mask off when on the field, and always remember to have your barrel sock on when leaving the field.

rsx 07-31-2013 11:04 PM

Panther has waay friendlier staff than Ambush. Ambush is a piece of crap.

There were around 50 people playing in one field. And all the pros switched to the same side. We told the refs to run two games since they had extra staff, but they were just chilling and talking in a corner. Only finished the game because of groupon. We came in with 20 btw.

Dragon-88 08-01-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8292973)
Panther has waay friendlier staff than Ambush. Ambush is a piece of crap.

There were around 50 people playing in one field. And all the pros switched to the same side. We told the refs to run two games since they had extra staff, but they were just chilling and talking in a corner. Only finished the game because of groupon. We came in with 20 btw.

Ya, team stacking is a common problem on all fields. I personally love playing against team stackers because then I get my game face on. If you wanna stack then i'm going to make it hard for you to get around.

When it comes to renters I will even give them a free kill once in awhile to make them feel good about themselves. Paintball isnt that easy and I get hit all the time, so it doesn't bother me at all that a few newbies gets some kills on me. I prefer that everyone on the field has a good time.

Kaolinite 08-01-2013 11:20 AM

anyone know what happened to TPG?

stewie 08-05-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8291719)
Paintball is so full of clowns who take it so seriously me and my buddies stopped playing after we dropped like 1000-1500 each on setups, almost punched a few guys out at the twassen field getting in my face arguing that they got me first etc :/

Ambush in surrey seemed usually pretty friendly
Posted via RS Mobile

we ended up going to maple ridge paintball fields.

other then me and the gf, there were about 10 13 year old kids there for a bday party, and 6-8 guys around 25 years old just there for the hell of it. before we started playing, all of a sudden 4-5 of these hardcore players show up...full camo gear, webbing with extra tanks on the back of the pouches, guns that were replica ar15's with knock off eotech digital scopes....these guys basically came to play...once everyone saw them we were all standing there jaws dropped thinking we'd be fucked...

they come up to us to say hi, take off their masks, turns out I knew a few of them, few guys in their 40's, if I remember right, 2 of them are lieutenants in the army (if not higher now...hadn't seen these guys in almost 10 years). but these guys made the day! they evened out the teams and would take the time during mid game play while hiding in a bunker to tell us stuff like "okay, I see him over there, i'll cover fire for you while you 2 run over there, once there, cover for me and we'll zig zag our way up to them and you guys can go in for the kill".

turns out that's their regular field, so me and the gf and a few friends are gonna go back this weekend :D

Dragon-88 08-06-2013 11:43 AM

Awesome, glad to hear u guys had a good time.