REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Euro Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/euro-tech-resources_318/)
-   -   New bimmner, new member. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686949-new-bimmner-new-member.html)

arnic 08-03-2013 08:13 PM

New bimmner, new member.

Hi guys, just joined the forum. I was in Winnipeg for the last 10 years and just moved back to Van, and since this is my first bimmer, I have couple questions. It was a new 2013 335i with 6k on it

1. Which dealership should I bring for the No-charge Scheduled Maintenance in term of customer services?
2. How tought is the cops on mods nowadays in BC?
3. can I get any tune for the bimmer locally or just online.

This is a nice forum btw, way better than Winnipeg :fullofwin:

nabs 08-03-2013 09:06 PM

welcome! Only place I could think of to direct your questions is Brian Jessel BMW and Brian Jessel Autohaus. I think there are a couple members on RS that work there.

Cops here are pretty lax on mods, just no front tints and keep the front license plate on and ur good. Oh and don't do anything to bring attention to yourself (aka act like an idiot doing burnouts and shit or street racing). BTW since ur new in town, if you're caught speeding anything over 40+ the speed limit, you're car will be towed and/or may be forfeited to the police :).

Be safe.. have fun! See you at some of the meets. Check out the meet thread, they happen weekly.

This just reminded me, if any member works at BJ Autohaus plz PM me.

R&R 08-03-2013 09:09 PM

get a chip for your bimmm
Posted via RS Mobile

arnic 08-03-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8294470)
welcome! Only place I could think of to direct your questions is Brian Jessel BMW and Brian Jessel Autohaus. I think there are a couple members on RS that work there.

Cops here are pretty lax on mods, just no front tints and keep the front license plate on and ur good. Oh and don't do anything to bring attention to yourself (aka act like an idiot doing burnouts and shit or street racing). BTW since ur new in town, if you're caught speeding anything over 40+ the speed limit, you're car will be towed and/or may be forfeited to the police :).

Be safe.. have fun! See you at some of the meets. Check out the meet thread, they happen weekly.

This just reminded me, if any member works at BJ Autohaus plz PM me.

Not really new to town, was in Richmond when I was still in high school and move to Winnipeg for university and back. Insurance here is crazy, back in Winnipeg the same insurance is 1500, where here is 2600 with the 43% discount :speechless:

bloodline129 08-03-2013 10:46 PM

Welcome, Brian Jessel in van seems to be the place to go( dealership wise) or try Nixon automotive in bby
Posted via RS Mobile

Energy 08-04-2013 10:32 AM

Post pics of your car!

wonton1017 08-04-2013 09:20 PM

2. VERY TOUGH, the cops in Richmond are allergic to mods.