REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, & Security Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/audio-video-security-tech_10/)
-   -   Double Dins that support 2 cameras? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687301-double-dins-support-2-cameras.html)

1990TSI 08-14-2013 08:54 PM

Double Dins that support 2 cameras?

My friend asked me about this and I realized that I know nothing about this topic and have a general dislike for screens.

Are there any screens that can utilize a front and rear camera setup?

he mentioned that he doesn't care for nav, and had no idea on budget. it's for an old 300C if that makes any difference.

and yes, my google is broken, so here I am :)

punkwax 08-14-2013 09:30 PM

Not that I've seen.. pretty sure people just normally use their eyes to see what's in front of them.

Manic! 08-15-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 8301031)
Not that I've seen.. pretty sure people just normally use their eyes to see what's in front of them.

Lowered car and parking.

catalin 08-15-2013 07:08 AM

I've never seen one with two designated inputs, however many head units will have more then one video input that can be used for different purposes. A camera can be wired to an input and the driver can switch to that video input as needed. But it won't be automated like a reverse signal.
Posted via RS Mobile

Phil@rise 08-15-2013 09:02 AM

Catalins right

installerz 08-15-2013 02:06 PM

Kenwood Excelon 890 & 990

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1990TSI (Post 8300999)
My friend asked me about this and I realized that I know nothing about this topic and have a general dislike for screens.

Are there any screens that can utilize a front and rear camera setup?

he mentioned that he doesn't care for nav, and had no idea on budget. it's for an old 300C if that makes any difference.

and yes, my google is broken, so here I am :)

1990TSI 08-15-2013 07:47 PM

Thanks keith! I was looking at kenwoods site, and the lower level ones seem to have a similar capability, all thats needed would be a dedicated back up camera plug and a second video input correct?

he'll be getting it from you either way when the time comes, just trying to find an option less than $1k apperently ;)

Limitless 08-16-2013 12:34 AM

My Sony XAV62bt has two camera inputs. One is for the reverse camera, and the other one is just an input that you have to go to the AUX on the deck to view the camera from. I'm pretty sure the slightly older model and the newer one all have the two inputs. Brand new from future shop/best buy or the likes is less than $300. No navi, but does have bluetooth :) Hope that helps

orgasm_donor 08-18-2013 07:34 PM

I second Kenwood. Great screens that do a lot for a reasonable price.