REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #76
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
totally forgot about this show

my god i need to look at my event list on my phone more often
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #77
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I went to DTP, great cars but unfortunately didn't bring a camera to take shots
Gabagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #78
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexor View Post
Spoiler!

and of you, at least i'm assuming that's you detailing the car..... sorry for stalking
Haha that would be me. I was putting on static captain stickers on
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #79
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

so you guys are excited about a bunch of ricer cars and butt ugly models?
Stiig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #80
RS Veteran

Lmao @ ricey cars. There were some there that I would say yes to that. But most would be no. Unless all those adv1 exotics are rice *shrugs*
Posted via RS Mobile
Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #81
NSX
NA1

Anyone have a picture of the Best Acura NSX? Team Menace.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #82
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
^
Photos by Evo Garage:

Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #83
RS Veteran

Such an amazing car!

Follow Me on Instagram @ tommtomm84

02 BMW M3 - Supercharged
94 BMW 318 - M3'd and M50'd - SOLD
90 Integra GS-Turbo - 11.180 @ 140.86mph DOT Tires - SOLD
Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #84
2-Wheelin' Mod

Hey guys - some quick thoughts.

I'm pretty certain I have been to every import show that has been held in this city since 2002.... in fact, in some shows (Import Showoff 2003, etc.) I even had multiple cars entered.... so I have the right to give feedback having attended both as a spectator and as entrant in the past....

I had reservations about going to this show and really couldn't stomach the idea of paying $20... I went with one of my buddies and knew the instant we descended down the escalator that this show was going to be disapointing....

Obviously it wasn't the organizer's fault that it was shoved down into the lower level in the very far corner but choosing a venue this elaborate and then filling just 5% of it went a LONG way to killing the atmosphere... you combine that with the attendance and it was a little embarassing... the outdoor event a few months ago had more energy and atmosphere... heck, the RS Summer Meet did. My buddy and I compared this event to attending somebody's 14th birthday in their parents' basement.

THAT SAID... I definitely do NOT want to take away from some of the entrants who no doubt put a significant amount of time and energy into their vehicles. I will always respect those that do because I have had three show cars in the past and I know what is required....

The problem was the volume of cars and the mix... their were some genuine tuner cars and then a blend of exotics and randoms... which were probably needed just to fill the space... I also disliked the fact that several rows of cars at the very back of the space were blocked from the rest of the show by those dividers/curtains... if I had paid to enter my car and I was cut off from the rest of the show space like that I would have been fairly upset...

I'll always make an effort to attend RS meets but this will be the last paid import show that I attend.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #85
RS Veteran

Yeah honestly the big back drop from team empire kind of made a false wall and seemed to cut off a lot of traffic in the back row where we were parked. Once it was down, the show "looked" bigger. I think if teams are to have large backdrops like that they should be givin the space at a wall so to not block out 1/8th of the show. All in all. This is my second big show I've entered now. I had fun meeting people and just setting up etc. I thought the judging was odd. They didnt seem to judge every car. Kind of seemed like they just picked and chose what csrs to bother judgjing
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #86
RS controls my life!

Sunfighter, i've been going to shows just as long as you. I've had my old car back in the Hot Import Nights days in Seattle back in the early 2000 and i've been to almost every car show in between. I have my new project car i registered this year for DTP along with some friends and we couldn't have been more happy with the show.

I don't know what you were looking at but the crowds were pretty consistent, the entertainment was good and the car quality was pretty awesome. Anyone who attended the show knows that the place was pretty jammed. I don't know what your talking about when you say only 5% of the venue filled. Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder against the producers, but you should really stop posting cuz your only embarrassing yourself here.
ineedNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #87
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Teggin View Post
Yeah honestly the big back drop from team empire kind of made a false wall and seemed to cut off a lot of traffic in the back row where we were parked. Once it was down, the show "looked" bigger. I think if teams are to have large backdrops like that they should be givin the space at a wall so to not block out 1/8th of the show. All in all. This is my second big show I've entered now. I had fun meeting people and just setting up etc. I thought the judging was odd. They didnt seem to judge every car. Kind of seemed like they just picked and chose what csrs to bother judgjing
Posted via RS Mobile
I swear that was the absolute first thing I said when I got in... the cars behind it were overshadowed and didn't even feel like a part of the show. I have no idea why it was even allowed to begin with.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #88
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
note:

all dj's must go deaf. they cant hear how distorted the sound is from the speakers when they turn the volume up so high.

i asked so many ppl to repeat themselves simply because i couldnt hear shit from the treeble piercing my ears.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #89
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )

Last edited by -EuroRSN-; 09-15-2013 at 11:52 PM.
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #90
NSX
NA1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
^
Photos by Evo Garage:

Thanks for the Pic!

Props to AK Autoworks / Team Menace for always producing quality paint jobs and cars.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #91
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I swear that was the absolute first thing I said when I got in... the cars behind it were overshadowed and didn't even feel like a part of the show. I have no idea why it was even allowed to begin with.
lol word. if you're going to have a huge curtain up you should be placed against a wall, organizers should've been on that
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #92
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 5,514 Times in 415 Posts

loong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #93
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Fail me for this, but I've come to accept that Vancouver shows suck, of course in my opinion. They're usually the same cars, seemingly poorly organized, and they're overpriced. Importfest was a joke for $15 or whatever it was at the door, and judging by the pictures this one didn't look that exciting either. The cars worth seeing are all the ones I've seen for free at any local meet (with a few exceptions of course). I see much crazier cars and have more fun at events in the States. I think it's the lifestyle and geographics of the GVRD that contribute to this (shitty roads, strict policing, Vancouver is small compared to other major cities, etc.) but meh, what can you do.

This being said, the usual people who keep our scene rolling (TSS, Drivehard, CS, APL, SC, to name a few); keep it up, your cars look great.
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #94
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Show wasn't bad, but not worth $20 when you could just go to an RS meet. All the exotics could've been spotted on basically any given day in certain areas of Vancouver.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #95
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedNOS View Post
I don't know what you were looking at but the crowds were pretty consistent, the entertainment was good and the car quality was pretty awesome. Anyone who attended the show knows that the place was pretty jammed. I don't know what your talking about when you say only 5% of the venue filled. Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder against the producers, but you should really stop posting cuz your only embarrassing yourself here.
nobody has a chip on their shoulder against the organizers, the show is just not worth $25 +tax at the door.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #96
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Work CR Kiwamis specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Does anyone know the wheels specs on these?? I'm gonna order these but need to figure out sizing. I'm not sure if these are 18's or 19's or even if they are x9.5's or x10.5's. I didn't make it to the show so i couldn't see them in person.

Hey this is my car they're 18x9.5 +20 all around, I rolled my fenders to get them to fit more so on the front.

thanks for the interest
pinoy_stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #97
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

hey check out some DTP pics at www.vancouverfitted.com
pinoy_stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #98
2-Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedNOS View Post
Sunfighter, i've been going to shows just as long as you. I've had my old car back in the Hot Import Nights days in Seattle back in the early 2000 and i've been to almost every car show in between. I have my new project car i registered this year for DTP along with some friends and we couldn't have been more happy with the show.

I paid $27 at the door. I didn't get in for free. I have been to every show this city has ever hosted as both a contestant and a spectator. I provided some tangible feedback/observations.

The venue space that was allocated to them was filled. The space that was allocated though represents a TINY percentage of the total convention space/volume in the venue. My point being that the show was swallowed up by the size of the venue and the venue itself worked against the event's attempts to build atmosphere...

It's not 2002-2008 and it's pretty obvious the industry/culture has changed in a way that filling the floor of BC Place isn't necessarily realistic, but the choice of venue plays into the success/atmosphere of the event.

To suggest that I have a chip on my shoulder against the organizers is absurd. If they are business savvy individuals, even if the event was a financial success, they should be campaigning for feedback in an effort to improve the show and ensure people continue to attend in the future. If they don't, the perceptions might be that this was merely a quick $27-a-head cash grab. That said, given the strength of the DTP brand I am sure their intent is to build a profitable and sustainable event and I'm sure they would be happy to listen to tangible feedback.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #99
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I have attended previous DTPs and carshows locally and in the US and assisted RS in previous DTPs on logistics and talent but I did not attend this years DTP, but I heard the same thing from everyone I know that did, that it was pretty depressing, atmosphere sucked and the attendance was pretty low, especially when compared to previous DTPs and other local outdoor meets and shows.

I know a few of the DTP organizers personally, I'm sure they did their best, not sure if their hands were just tied due to budgets but I also think it is just a sign of the times, the car scene has changed here in Vancouver and when it's basically the same cars over and over again and you're not booking enough top notch talent and entertainers to draw in the casual crowd, that is going to equal pretty sparse public interest and attendance. I remember back in the day, for months before DTP, the RS thread about it would be 10+ pages long before the show, advertising would be everywhere and people would be talking about the show a lot, this years version, pretty much no discussion or advertising leading up to the event. I was actually around VCC on Saturday at Cactus then Rogue and I didn't even see any indication that DTP was going on inside to draw in the public or casual folk.

Last edited by 7seven; 09-16-2013 at 09:25 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I went to the show with my wife and son and man it was depressing. Maybe it was me but it seemed pretty dark inside and yes the divider in the back made absolutely no sense. The music was way too loud or like !SG said not tuned properly.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote