REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Servicing at Brian Jessel

I usually take my car to autowest and they have been great but BJ is just so much closer, does anyone have any experience with them? do they have a pretty good service department?

wanted to ask for advice after reading the X5 post who bought at BJ.
any advice or experience will be appreciated.

Will be bringing my car in for front and back brakes, pretty easy, should be fine right, cant really screw that up. thanks
Advertisement
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,157 Times in 954 Posts
Well I used their subsidary, Brian Jessel Autohaus, for to get some winter tires mounted last Dec and it took about twice as long as promised (3 hours instead of 90 minutes) and the car wash they provide ended up scratching up my paint (I had asked if they used bristle brushes or not in advance and they told me that they didn't).

I wrote their service manager and VP and the service manager was very apologetic about the paint damage and comped me the paint correction.

My brother had a similar experience with the timing of their work - takes way longer than promised.

They did a good job resolving the issue but it's not worth the hassle, they gotta get it right the first time.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I'm torn between BJ and Autowest because I've received great service from both but if you want top notch service the key is make friends with one of the service advisors. From that point on you'll receive a+ service.

And whatever you do, never and I mean NEVER get the free wash or detail dealers offe
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
And whatever you do, never and I mean NEVER get the free swirl installation dealers offer.
Fixed that for ya brah.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

PM Sent!
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Rider

Personally, I wouldn't mind going to the dealership which provides the best service regardless of where they are just so I know the car is in good hands. Auto West should provide mobility services as well so they can pick you/your car up possibly if distance is an issue?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

It's a shame that even luxury car brand dealerships don't offer swirl-free washes.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

what's your definition of a swirl-free wash? because theres no such thing
Ludepower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #9

Thanked 2,157 Times in 954 Posts
A bit more detail on the car wash I got from them. It was a paid car wash from the "detailing" team. I wouldn't otherwise ever get a wash from a shop but it was winter and this was supposed to be a premium service so it made the experience that much worse.
Posted via RS Mobile
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

I won't slam BJ's service publicly, but I will tell you that we switched to BMW Store and would never ever look back.

We live 5-10 mins away from BJ but without doubt save time overall dealing with the BMW store instead. I'd be more than happy to discuss further details over PM.
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Autowest > Brian jesel

I've had the worst service with Brian jesel. I switched to autowest and the service is great.
Posted via RS Mobile
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #12

BJ > Autowest > Open Road (Langley).
Old 08-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
AW> all
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i know no one complained when i was a service advisor at bj or when i was at autohaus.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post
It's a shame that even luxury car brand dealerships don't offer swirl-free washes.
are you refering to the COURTESY wash?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

At BMW Langley the OEM brakes were cheaper for my wife's car compared to AW and BJBMW. Top notch service.
09' BMW 128I Coupe (E82) - FS
04' BMW M3 Coupe (E46) - SR
17' Acura MDX SUV (YD4) - SOLD
15' Acura RDX SUV (TB4) - SOLD
14' Acura ILX Sedan (DE1) - SOLD
04' Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV (R50) - SOLD
07 Infiniti FX35 SUV (S50) -SOLD
06' BMW 330i Sedan (E90) - SOLD
97' Acura 1.6EL Sedan (MB4) - SOLD
99' Honda Civic Hatch (EJ6) - SOLD
84' Pontiac Sunbird Coupe (J2000) - SOLD
Kalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

they forgot to reinstall my engine cover at BJ, had to come back to get it a week after

tilt your head back and using your hand pretend to shake a salt shaker in your mouth... you will notice that it will actually taste like salt in your mouth..
elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
I STILL don't get it

I've had cars serviced at both BJ and Autohaus.
Service was never exceptional; but members of my family, friends, as well as myself all came across THE most self-righteous, stuck up, condescending, insulting, "know-it-all", "do-no-wrong" advisor. To BJ/BJautohaus' credit, upper management tried to make up for his mistakes and attitude. As well, I've been told this particular individual is no longer with BJ/BJautohaus, but I've already gone over to BMW Store and couldn't be happier.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
moi?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
I don't get it

Had a ton of work done at Brian Jessel and at Autohaus, been good service, only wait times were for parts shipping from Germany since there were none in stock in North America.

BJ also gives a "heritage" discount for cars older than 6 or 7 years. 10% on parts, 15% on labour IF you are getting both parts and labour done by them. Ask them if you qualify.

Only two complaints were:
1. when I brought my new tires to be put on at Autohaus this year in April or so, the tech decided to use hammer weights on the inside rather than sticker weights, doesn't really matter as you never see them.
2. he also placed my rim against a wall or something causing a scratch on the face, but it was curbed to begin with so I didn't really matter, and painted instead of powder so he probably didn't know that as I didn't inform him that it would scratch easily due to paint.
Tillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #21

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
I've used autohaus a few times for service, they did a good job. I didn't get a car wash or anything, but was in and out in less than an hour...

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #22
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Hey guys,

I work at Brian Jessel BMW. If you have any concerns or questions about anything, you can send me a PM. I will attend to it right away. Thank you all.

Tim
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #23
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I had my brakes changed at BJ this last week, and the work was fine. But there were a couple of things that i thought could be improved. And i have brought this up with Tim, but i thought i would share it with you guys also.

Just want to start off with that the work it self was quality, there hasn't been any problems with the new brakes so that is good.

two major things i thought could be better.

First is that they never did a walk around before and after, luckily it was not needed as i didn't find any scratches or dents, i understand that brakes are a routine job but they still take it out for a test drive after so i find that a walk around before and after will protect not just the customer but the dealer also. Someone correct me if i am wrong that they don't do walk around for express services. I know that autowest does for all.

Second is that when i was talking to the SA, he asked me if anybody given me a quote on the price yet and i said no, then he gave me the price for front brakes and rear brakes at 1011$. I quoted at Autowest that the complete brake package is only 950$. So i asked him is that for separate front and back brake, isn't there a complete package price, and he said oh yes that's right and changed the price to 950$. This could be a genuine mistake, and he didn't know there was a cheaper price for a complete package. But it didn't sit well with me because what if i didn't catch it and i would be over charged or what if this happen in the future services and i would be overcharged without even knowing. Luckily i caught it this time.

So i just thought i would leave my experience here for future customers who is searching for reviews and they can read this and decide by themselve.

But i would like to mention again that the work itself was BMW quality. And it could just be that one SA who's not as experience.

Edit: Tim informs me that a walk around walk around was done, just the SA never told me that it was done and never got me to sign it and The sa apologizes for his mistakes.

Last edited by kkttsang; 09-06-2013 at 08:57 PM.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #24
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,158 Posts
Wasn't too happy when BMW start rolling out the "Mobility Enhance Program" a.k.a bite the shit out of your wallet when getting a courtesy car.

It's 24.95 to borrow a car, plus you have to fill the gas up when returning the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Wasn't too happy when BMW start rolling out the "Mobility Enhance Program" a.k.a bite the shit out of your wallet when getting a courtesy car.

It's 24.95 to borrow a car, plus you have to fill the gas up when returning the car.
Is there something im missing?
Rent car, bring back with gas. Seems about right.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: