REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Hundreds of Syrian civilians gased to death and injured

Graphic videos in links

Quote:
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Aleksandr Lukashevich,

The Damascus chemical attack accusations indicate the launch of “another anti-Syrian propaganda wave” and, in this context, the calls on the UN Security Council to immediately use force in Syria “heard from some EU capitals” are “unacceptable”, Lukashevich said.
Materials implicating Syrian govt in chemical attack prepared before incident ? Russia ? RT News

Code:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=56c_1377283709

Evidence will come out, like in previous Syrian biological attacks, that the U.S. backed rebels committed these senseless murders.

Watching the following CBC news clips yesterday, Canada is stating that Assad is behind the gassing. These terror attacks are false flag propaganda acts so that the US can invade and trigger a larger regional war. Is Canada sponsoring terrorism with these reports?
Syria chemical weapons? - World - CBC Player
Canada's stance on Syria - Politics - CBC Player
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
The unfortunate thing about this post is that you are using poor propagandist resources to show legit news stories.

I dig that you, at the very end, posted some credible links, but you know some of your "fans" on RS will not see those.

If you want to appeal to the masses and let people know about all the horrible horrible things currently happening in Syria, stop leading with this Zionist bullshit. If not, people will miss the point.

Last edited by dinosaur; 08-24-2013 at 09:53 AM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
This guy is as bad as the propaganda pumping arsefaces that rule these countries with an iron fist
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I remember reading something about a bunch of civilians being gassed the other day..
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I remember reading something about a bunch of civilians being gassed the other day..
Quote:
Doctors Without Borders says some 355 people who showed "neurotoxic symptoms" died following the suspected chemical weapons attack this week near Syria's capital.

The Paris-based humanitarian aid group said Saturday that three hospitals it supports in the Damascus region reported receiving roughly 3,600 patients who showed such symptoms over less than three hours on Wednesday morning.

A debate has ensued about who was behind the alleged gas attack on rebel-held Damascus suburbs that activists previously said killed more than 130 people. The attack has spurred demands for an independent investigation and renewed talk of potential international military action, if chemical weapons were indeed used.

The organization released a statement Saturday describing symptoms including convulsions, extreme salivation, contracted pupils and sight and respiratory problems.

The charity said many were treated with atropine, a drug administered to those with "neurotoxic symptoms."

"[We] can neither scientifically confirm the cause of these symptoms nor establish who is responsible for the attack," said the organization's Director of Operations Bart Janssens.

"However, the reported symptoms of the patients, in addition to the epidemiological pattern of the events, characterized by the massive influx of patients in a short period of time, the origin of the patients, and the contamination of medical and first aid workers, strongly indicate mass exposure to a neurotoxic agent."

Anti-government activists accuse the Syrian government of carrying out the toxic gas attack on the eastern suburbs of Damascus and have reported death tolls ranging from 136 to 1,300.

Government points finger at rebels

Syrian Deputy Prime Minister Qadri Jamil said foreign militants carried out the attack with the backing of Israel and supporters in the West in a bid to thwart efforts to hold an international peace conference to end the Syrian bloodshed.

"We can only say that extremist forces carried it out, linked to foreign forces, since no Syrian can do this against another Syrian," he said Wednesday. "At the head of these forces are those who have promoted vengeance and hatred and spoke of ousting the regime by force over the past two years."

Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said this week that evidence of a possible chemical weapons attack was mounting, but he stopped short of confirming a chemical attack actually took place.

"The fact that Syria continues to bombard this specific geographic area ... is telling," Baird said at a press conference Friday afternoon. “The fact that Syria will not let the UN inspectors who are on the ground in the country today visit this area is a very telling action.”

Baird said he has met with his British counterpart, William Hague, and both of them are “troubled” by the United Nations Security Council’s inability to take decisive action.

Wednesday's attack came as a UN team was on the ground in Syria investigating earlier claims of chemical weapons attacks.

More than 100,000 people have been killed in Syria during more than two years of clashes between forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and opposition fighters seeking to overthrow his regime.
Source: Syria gas attack symptoms confirmed by doctor group - World - CBC News

TL;DR

-355 people who showed "neurotoxic symptoms" died following the suspected chemical weapons attack.
-three hospitals in the Damascus region reported receiving roughly 3,600 patients who showed such symptoms of a chemical weapon attack within less than three hours on Wednesday morning.
-Gov't says Militants did it....Militants say gov't did it.
-UN still can decide what to do.
-More that 100,000 people have died since the beginning of all this.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
The UN can't decide what to do because everyone is split down the "usual suspects" lines...China and Russia support Syria, Americans and others do not. This equals a stalemate.

At this point, I could see either side using chem weapons to use to their public relations advantage. In order to turn the stalemate, you need to turn the public opinion...and there is nothing like gassing a few thousand civilians to accomplish that goal.

Honestly, I don't think either side should be supplying them at all. And we all know that both sides are being armed by their associated allies. All you do is prolong suffering by prolonging the war.

Once again, people in another country become the pawns in the games of other countries. As, at this point, there can be no negotiated peace, as US &co has stated that they want Assad gone, so its a fight to the end.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
the US can't even deny that AlQaeda is strewn within the rebels as they were initially trying to

now the talking point of supporters of officially intervening (since we've already had reports of hush hush intervention) is "we should support them but just make sure alqaeda doesnt get our weapons"

it's such a shame what the country has turned into nothing but rubble it seems from whatever footage we're getting
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
if you guys are looking for the most unbiased world news that covers pretty much everything going on in the globe, bookmark Al Jazeera English, they got stuff on there even their TV channel doesn't show....

It's not perfect, but as close to truthful and straightforward as a world class news outlet gets
Old 08-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
^^ that's true except one has to remember they're a Qatar news agency and basically saudi arabias bitch. so their news while famed for being unbiased isn't entirely, especially when it comes to topics where its considered shia vs sunni, they're biased towards sunni

and that point has been brought up over the coverage of syria if you google you'll find endless claims of bias towards the sunni factions in syria and an aljazeera reporter that is shia even quit the agency over it

they've been ridiculed over said biases regarding Bahrain as well during their protests (which were squashed by the saudi military)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Need to Seek Professional Help

Ooohhh shit. America is coming, and they're bringing freedom with them.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
The unfortunate thing about this post is that you are using poor propagandist resources to show legit news stories.

I dig that you, at the very end, posted some credible links, but you know some of your "fans" on RS will not see those.

If you want to appeal to the masses and let people know about all the horrible horrible things currently happening in Syria, stop leading with this Zionist bullshit. If not, people will miss the point.
Wait do you actually think Assad is responsible for gassing his people?
This is what Zionist (your credible) news media is stating.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 08-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
if you guys are looking for the most unbiased world news that covers pretty much everything going on in the globe, bookmark Al Jazeera English, they got stuff on there even their TV channel doesn't show....

It's not perfect, but as close to truthful and straightforward as a world class news outlet gets
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
CiC what are your thoughts on the Al Jazeera English channel for news around the world?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
I subscribe to Revscene

Its as good as any other Murdoch owned news service.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 08-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
I don't think any of us can state with certainty which side is doing what to whom, none of us are there, nor do we speak the language of the locals. Whatever we hear is both filtered and translated. Gassing has happened, and we're not sure which side, if not potentially both or neither (independent actors claiming to support one side or the other) has done it. To make any claims or discredit any is equally foolish as the information coming from Syria is incredibly suspect and imperfect.

As an aside, I was listening to the BBC awhile back and heard an interview with someone who was reporting from inside Syria. Interestingly enough, he was less angry about the deaths than the lives. The economy is shot to hell, people are starving and unable to support themselves or their families, and the Syrian nation itself is suffering.

"Nobody is denying the tragedy of the deaths the people here in Syria have suffered. But what about the people who live? Does nobody care that there is no food? No medicine? No jobs or money? A death is an end, but people who live continue. And now, that continuation is nothing but suffering. Where is the outrage for that?"
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I support the Assad regime. The rebels/terrorists are a fractured group from moderates to ultra crazies.

Assad is winning, there's no logical reason for him to gas anyone.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Dinosaur is not going to be baited by CiC.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #18

This story has been ALL OVER the "mainstream media" for days... this is not your usual style, Chuck.

BTW, last I heard, Russia and China were both calling for access for UN inspections, too.
Quote:
Old 08-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
Need my Daily Fix of RS

This again... We don't know the truth at all to be honest. I posted an article with clear evidence that Syrian rebels were caught with gas agents trying to cross the border in Turkey awhile back. But the US and the Western media are stern on the Syrian regime being the ones using gas agents.

Also Western media are so focused on trying to portray Syria as the evil side that they would rather not explain the fact that Syrian rebels are also bombing and attacking innocent civilians. Sounds like an excuse to jump in the fray against Russia and or China. I'm also not surprised America wants Assad gone as he has always been critical of USA, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

But it also doesn't change the fact that these Syrian 'Rebels' consist of Terrorist groups wanting control and trying to overthrow the real and legitimate ruler and President of Syria.

So ask yourself, how would you respond to a group of rebels trying to overthrow you?
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
In more important news, Ben Affleck will be the next Batman
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Here guys.Its a great watch .

Syria - Full Length | VICE Canada
Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: .
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by m!chael View Post
his father had to kill tens of thousands of people to stay in power, that's pretty illegitimate.
And how many Indians did the early Americans wipe out?
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Thoughts on possible US military intervention?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #25
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The Jew-based Amero synagogal venture capitalistic communists will no doubt use the industrial war-machine complex to further oppress the paradise state of Iran (herefore known as "Heaven on Earth") by committing untold atrocities in Syria.

When these feminist pigs and their machine of unclean aggression eventually rolls through the middle east they will bring with them the same level decadence and degradation that led to the downfall of Sodom and Gammorah in an attempt to promote the newest Miley Cyrus video.

The only way to block the NSA microwave signals attached to cockroach transmitters (open your walls, they're there people) is to coat your earlobes in dijon mustard to prevent them coming through. Metal storm authorized on fleeing pirate ship owned by Japanese government order to sink ship given!

When the American government overthrew a South American democracy in the name of a fruit company it ensured milkshakes for all.

This is 2013. Where is Syria's milkshake?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: