REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:04 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 437 Posts
I used to work in that mall...
I had an asian family let their kid take a shit on a camping chair inside a tent.
Another mom let his kid take a shit in the fitting room....

I worked in a fuckin store w/ a public washroom...all they had to do was ask...and yes we had mandarin speaking staff too..so its not some charter of rights and freedom bullshit
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #27
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Hope someone went up to her and told her it wasn't acceptable.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,352 Times in 949 Posts
^^ lol dont think she would have cared...

If I was there and had something to deflect that piss onto her, I would have... would of made a mess on the floor, but I think that would teach her a lesson...
Old 08-29-2013, 02:06 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
seriously.. stop bringing all these shit you do in Asia to Canada.
for fuck sakes.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #30
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
oh come on now its not that bad as guys im sure many of us have had to piss on the side of the road or wall or on someone or something in public granted that's because there's no washrooms remotely nearby but some of you are making it sound like ur innocence was taken away by it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
In HK they call them 69
that's because hongers are bigots
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #31
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
oh come on now its not that bad as guys im sure many of us have had to piss on the side of the road or wall or on someone or something in public granted that's because there's no washrooms remotely nearby but some of you are making it sound like ur innocence was taken away by it :P

It's because they are pissed off.

Not that I would ever justify hating a PERSON because of their nationality, but they do have a very legitimate concern with where the country is going. Considering that by their own very laws, mainland isn't supposed to touch ANYTHING in Hong Kong until STARTING in 2047. And they are supposed to get universal suffrage, which gets put off every 4 years.

So yeah, they are pissed, and it's only going to get worse moving forward. I can almost guarantee that we are going to have something similar to Tianmen square sometime between now an 2047.

(btw the comment i failed you for was excusing her for having her kid piss in a garbage can rather than use a bathroom which are everywhere in the mall. That is not how normal civilized people behave, and it is inexcusable).
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #32

Im not excusing her im just saying its not as bad as some are making it out to be sure its a big "wtf are you doing and thinking? and gtfo" moment but its not a "OMG MY EYES IM GONNA PUKE" moment

and as for Hongers being "pissed off" that doesn't excuse their reaction and you may have had a point if they didn't act the same way pre-'97 but they did (mainlanders were portrayed as whores and redneck farmers even on tv series')

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-29-2013 at 02:49 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #33
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatcaptain View Post
feel bad for the janitor
My friend and I discussed this earlier..Do you really feel bad for the janitor for having to change that garbage? Looks like the mother had the decency to aim her kid's stream right into the bag. They double bag the garbages anyway because mall patrons tend to throw unfinished soft drinks/coffees into them, so there wont be any spills or leaks. That same janitor probably had to go clean the public washrooms before the end of the his shift, do you feel bad for him when he had to clean up the piss and shit of adults all over the vicinity of the bowl..?

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I am not defending this act, as I feel it was disgusting and distasteful. However, aside from the fact that it was visually unappealing, I thought the nature of the act was pretty innocuous (as previously discussed). Yes, disgusting and uncivilized, but it did not harm anybody...and let's be real here...how offensive do you find the sight of a child's penis to be? There are activist groups out there fighting for the social acceptance of public breast feeding. I don't personally feel that what this mother did with her kid is any more offensive to society than public breast feeding. So why aren't there activists fighting for the social acceptance of kids urinating into contained waste disposal bins? Again...just playing devil's advocate - what this woman did was despicable to say the least.

Ok I'm going to stir the pot some more. Now we can all see that this woman is trying to consciously aim her son's stream into the garbage. So we can all agree that even though it was disgusting to do so, there was at least a hint of well intentions presented. What if she was genuinely confused as to which public washroom to take her son to? Perhaps she was too self conscious to take a boy into the women's room, yet too shy to enter the men's room herself. After all, there is no man in this picture so she may have been alone. Yes there are handicap washrooms for situations like these but who is to say that she even thought to check, or knew they existed? Was she really lazy and detestable, or just ignorant and pressed for action? In her mind, I doubt she saw any wrong in putting urine (waste) into a waste bin.

This has been another episode of slingblade's 3am stoned thoughts.
slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #34
RS controls my life!

It's a Chinese thing. In my building, we have a loading zone in the back. It's a huge space that leads to the garbage room. Naturally, there are gutters throughout the lot for when the janitor washes away garbage juice. I came in with bags of garbage one time, broad daylight, and this young couple who, I can only assume, lived in the building, had their 2yr old kid out of his bottoms. The dad was carrying his kid in midair while the mom held the kid's legs from flailing. Then the kid peed. They seemed surprised to see me, but of course the kid had already opened the flood gates. As I walked through, they just looked down and handled business like I wasn't there at all. I've seen them a couple times since and it is always awkward, for them. Lol, I just laugh and shake my head.
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:37 AM   #35

Quote:
Im not excusing her im just saying its not as bad as some are making it out to be sure its a big "wtf are you doing and thinking? and gtfo" moment but its not a "OMG MY EYES IM GONNA PUKE" moment

and as for Hongers being "pissed off" that doesn't excuse their reaction and you may have had a point if they didn't act the same way pre-'97 but they did (mainlanders were portrayed as whores and redneck farmers even on tv series')
So you're generalizing about a nationality because they generalized against a nationality

People EVERYWHERE can be assholes. The "big 69" thing is most likely a very new thing too (IIRC it was first seen spray painted on an ad that was 100% in simplified). It also may have been influenced by the communist social commentator who said Hong Kong people are "bastards" and "vile people" and "dogs" on TV. Personally I just dismiss him as a whack job - the guy praises North Korea. But people were pretty upset at those comments, considering they were pretty widely distributed.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

when the initial wave of chinese immigrants hit North America (mostly Cantonese) I have to wonder if they were ever like this?

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #37

Quote:
So you're generalizing about a nationality because they generalized against a nationality
Im classifying that hongers, generally, are bigots yes, i realize not all are i really do (hell im a honger of sorts :P) but the bigoted remarks/emotions are so widely accepted/used/permeated in society (not only against mainlanders) that i've no problem with generalizing hongers as bigots

sure you could argue maybe that's why hongers generalize mainlanders

they could generalize mainlanders as uncivilized certainly but to call them dogs ( as you pointed out) to create songs singing the same, in the 90s the bigots even made a chart topping song against viet refugees, that's not just simple generalizing that takes it one step above into malignancy

Last edited by StylinRed; 08-29-2013 at 04:06 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
when the initial wave of chinese immigrants hit North America (mostly Cantonese) I have to wonder if they were ever like this?
The initial wave came before Canada existed, so probably

If you mean the mid 90's wave, then no of course not. This behavior is not acceptable where those folks came from.

Even big cites in China, you see this all the time. So it's not just a villager/hillbilly thing (although they are much worse for it lol)
Old 08-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #39
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:

Wow, getting heated here. Just a question, are you chinese and have you ever lived out of Vancouver?
NKC ONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

same shit happened in Shanghai recently, expect the parents let the kid piss on the ground of a crowded subway getting pee on other people's legs. After being confronted, the dad defended themselves getting angry and even kicking a lady saying he's just a kid and should be allowed to do it. Happens all the time in China, but the perps are usually migrants from small rural towns rather than big metropolitan cities like Shanghai or Beijing. Watching that video makes me want to drop kick that ignorant young father in the face. I totally agree with the 1 child policy in China, otherwise the country will be flooded with fucked up children to grow up like these idiot parents. In fact I agree with the controversial proposal saying that uneducated couples cannot have kids by law.

Child Pees in Shanghai Subway, Father Argues with Angry Crowd ? chinaSMACK
Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #41
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

I was walking out from work and I saw a local hk parent let her kid take a piss into the sewer drain. The apple doesn't fall far away from the tree.
Posted via RS Mobile
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #42
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 7,285 Times in 2,577 Posts
If I ever see this happen in person anywhere I'm gonna go off on the person this shit is fucking ridiculous

In my GF's building they had a problem in the amenity/pool because people were obviously trying to hold their kids above the toilet and they would shit all over the floor and wouldn't clean it up, if I saw it while I was using the facilities especially in the pool I would raise fucking hell
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #43
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,067 Times in 828 Posts
What is it with FOB mainlanders/hongers and Koreans thinking pissing and crapping in public areas when there are restrooms easily available near by is acceptable behavior. I see this kind of behavior with their pets all the time too in my condo building, they let their dogs piss and shit in the elevators or other common areas and don't have the decency to clean it up. I actually was in the elevator with a honger girl and her dog, her dog pissed on the elevator floor and she was trying to act like nothing was happening and got off on her floor, I had to yell at her and tell her to get her ass back in the elevator and clean it up.

13 Range Rover SC
11 Yukon Hybrid
13 Accord V6 Coupe

Last edited by 7seven; 08-29-2013 at 08:30 AM.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #44
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
same shit happened in Shanghai recently, expect the parents let the kid piss on the ground of a crowded subway getting pee on other people's legs. After being confronted, the dad defended themselves getting angry and even kicking a lady saying he's just a kid and should be allowed to do it. Happens all the time in China, but the perps are usually migrants from small rural towns rather than big metropolitan cities like Shanghai or Beijing. Watching that video makes me want to drop kick that ignorant young father in the face. I totally agree with the 1 child policy in China, otherwise the country will be flooded with fucked up children to grow up like these idiot parents. In fact I agree with the controversial proposal saying that uneducated couples cannot have kids by law.

Child Pees in Shanghai Subway, Father Argues with Angry Crowd ? chinaSMACK
Can't really say I'm surprised, a lot of mainlanders coming in from the major cities have had a messed up sense of entitlement recently. I know it's just part of the culture, perhaps (maybe not that urinating incident) but I just hope that they learn there's no place for it here, and learn it fast.

As for that video, lmao. It went pretty much as imagined...
LuHua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #45
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
At least he didn't shit in an elevator. To this day I really hope it was dog shit. Ruined some good shoes.
Pardon the pun, but same shit happened in the elevator in my apartment. My roommate was unlucky enough to step in it. Luckily I smelled it before stepping into the elevator.
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #46
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 7,285 Times in 2,577 Posts
You guys who think its acceptable, even in the sewer of apartment buildings, you ever walk down alleys in downtown? Piss fucking REAKS when it's bee sitting for a few hours let alone days in a heated underground or a mall..

And to think its not a pain for the janitors? That can she's letting the kid piss in is obviously just lined with a garbage bag, a garbage bag full of piss with tones of other garbage in it, if someone threw away a bottle or anything sharp that could put a small hole in the bag the janitor is going to get piss all over himself
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #47
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Pissing in a hole on the ground is what they've been trained to do. Where the hole is placed has no limitations on its location. At least the kid's got aim.
NKC ONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
It's because they are pissed off.
Interesting choice of words

But why the garbage can? Why couldn't they have just gone into the McDonalds in the food court and asked for an empty cup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #49
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
looking through this thread and WOW.... i cant believe anyone even remotely finds this acceptable or tries to justify it...

this is not a 3rd world country, and if these things have to happen it is not to be done in the public eye.

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #50
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,665 Times in 847 Posts
This is what we should. If this happens again the mom should be tie to a poll and everyone who was at the mall at the that can shit and pee on her as much as they like. Teach her a lesson.

If you are too lazy to take your kids to the washroom have diapers on them.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: