REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,813 Times in 1,742 Posts

A Big Day Out at... Notting Hill Carnival! | VICE United Kingdom

Scroll down.
Advertisement

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #77
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
“Given that we have these facilities throughout the common areas of the mall, we don’t have any formal regulation or signage warning customers not to urinate, defecate or expectorate on the property,” reads the statement.

“We are currently looking into this matter and ways to prevent similar occurrences in the future.”
Make sure that signage is in every possible dialect of Mandarin and Cantonese. English optional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #78
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,352 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Make sure that signage is in every possible dialect of Mandarin and Cantonese. English optional.
theres only 1 dialect of Mandarin and Cantonese, which is Mandarin and Cantonese.. There are lots of dialect of the Chinese Language...

I really doubt these mainlanders will even bother to read the signs... Ive encounter so many of them asking me where this is and where that is and theres usually a sign within arms reach of where Iam... its amazing...
Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #79
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,632 Times in 5,340 Posts
Officials are already embarrassed by this behaviour, and are promoting to people not to do it...

To really get the effort going, all "do not pee in the garbage cans" signs should be written ONLY in simplified chinese, with a big china flag on top of it. And if you really want to be mean, put a picture of a kid peeing with a red X going through it, and a picture of a dog peeing with a green circle around it
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #80
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
THEY DIDN'T EVEN STATE THAT IT WAS WRONG?!!??!

(Not the social norm)
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #81
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Before the mainlanders come: Rich Hong Kong parents buy kids BMW and Mercedes to go to HIGH SCHOOL while everybody else walk or bus. Refuses to learn English, only hang out with their "own people". Talks loudly in Cantonese, burps, cough without covering the mouth and more.

After the mainlanders came: The Hong Kong people be like "Mainlanders are awful, they buy kids Maserati, A8 and such to show off their wealth. They don't know any public etiquette like uncivilized people! We're not like them."

Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #82
private modder

Thanked 1,639 Times in 421 Posts
revscene is famous:

Boy urinates in Vancouver bin, anti-China vitriol flows | South China Morning Post

Quote:
Boy urinates in Vancouver bin, anti-China vitriol flows

Photos of a small boy urinating into a rubbish bin in an upscale Canadian shopping mall have sparked a debate about standards of behaviour in the Vancouver satellite city of Richmond, North America’s most Chinese municipality.

The photos of the Asian boy, with his pants around his knees at the Richmond Centre mall, steadied by a woman as he stands on the rim of the bin, provoked a fierce reaction after they were posted by Twitter user Brandon Beavis.

The images of the boy, aged about two or three, went viral this week and were the subject of a report on the main CBC news bulletin on Thursday night.

Internet reaction focused on the ethnicity of the child and woman - and varied according to the proclaimed ethnicity of some respondents. Some said such behaviour was typical of “Asians” or “Chinese”, but the fiercest reaction came from bloggers, who identified themselves as Hong Kong people or Canadian-Chinese - who said they were sure the pair in the photo were from China. There was nothing in the photos to confirm this.

The responses reflects changes in the demography of Vancouver and its satellite city of Richmond, which have seen waves of Chinese migration, first from Hong Kong in the 1980s and 1990s, followed by even greater numbers of mainland Chinese in recent years. Richmond is now about 50 per cent Chinese by ethnicity, although that rises to about 80 per cent in the district where the Richmond Centre is located.

“That is not how normal civilised people behave, and it is inexcusable,” wrote poster SkinnyPupp, whose profile on the Revscene website - a car modification site popular with young Vancouver Asians - listed his home town as Hong Kong.

“This is not a third world country” wrote another Revscene user.

The vehemence of the response is similar to the reaction which followed an incident in Hong Kong last month, when a Putonghua-speaking girl urinated inside an MTR Corporation train.

A posting on the Vancitybuzz news website prompted “Embarrassed Chinese-Canadian” to suggest that the ethnicity of the Richmond Centre pair was obvious. “Why not go one step further and say mainland Chinese,” the user wrote.

“This kind of undignified behaviour is common amongst mainlanders in Hong Kong. I can’t have a conversation with my cousin in Hong Kong without him telling me at least once how much the mainlanders are mucking up the city,” wrote Canucks Star, a member of a fan forum for the Vancouver Canucks ice hockey team.

Some internet users were shocked by the ferocity of the reaction.

“We don’t want to be a society that makes a mountain out of a molehill…Men pee all over this city,” wrote Theminister as he tried to calm debate on the Canucks forum.

Some commenters took something positive from the incident. “At least the kid’s got aim,” wrote NCK One, on Revscene.

The CBC report noted that going “diaper [nappy] free” had long been practised in China. The report also included an interview with veteran Canadian foreign correspondent Jonathan Manthorpe, who said that “manners…and the standard of toilets” in rural China were “very different” to those in Canada.

A statement for the Richmond Centre, quoted on CBC news, said that the mall had three sets of washrooms, as well as toilets in family rooms, and it did not need signs telling customers not to “… defecate or urinate in a garbage can”.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #83

Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #84
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
we are famous!

they didnt wanna say a "Snail" wrote my post though
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #85

SCMP is becoming VERY communist friendly and apologetic btw, especially their bloggers. They really get into it with local HK bloggers, and 9 times out of 10 come across as complete ignorant fools

Also I want to point out that I have nothing against mainland chinese people. I don't care WHERE you are from, that behaviour IS uncivilised in cities like Richmond or Hong Kong. And yes, I have seen HKers do it too, twice. Once was a lady with her kid in an MTR station - no bathrooms around (which is a major flaw of MTR stations). She used a plastic bag and threw it in the garbage.. this was when I first went there in like 2003. Second time was a disgusting hobo who pissed into a garbage can outside.

So again, I don't care if you are a mainlander, HKer, Canadian with blonde hair and blue eyes, do your best to limit how negatively you affect peoples' lives wherever you go. That stuff may be acceptable in Dongguan or Yangshuo, but not Richmond or Hong Kong.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #86
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
A statement for the Richmond Centre, quoted on CBC news, said that the mall had three sets of washrooms, as well as toilets in family rooms, and it did not need signs telling customers not to “… defecate or urinate in a garbage can”.

I'm totally going to lols when this happens again, but with an adult.
They are going to have to eat their words and they WILL need those signs.

I would totally steal that sign for my room. You know, just in case
Old 08-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #87
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,924 Times in 611 Posts
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #88
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,076 Times in 386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
theres only 1 dialect of Mandarin and Cantonese, which is Mandarin and Cantonese.. There are lots of dialect of the Chinese Language...
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #89
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
THEY DIDN'T EVEN STATE THAT IT WAS WRONG?!!??!

(Not the social norm)
It's wrong, but they're not stupid. Money talks and you can't alienate your clientele.

As I've always said, money can't buy class. It's too bad because these types of incidents only serve to paint the rest of us decent Chinese people in a negative light.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #90
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Lol at this page!
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #91
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,813 Times in 1,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Also I want to point out that I have nothing against mainland chinese people. I don't care WHERE you are from, that behaviour IS uncivilised in cities like Richmond or Hong Kong. And yes, I have seen HKers do it too, twice. Once was a lady with her kid in an MTR station - no bathrooms around (which is a major flaw of MTR stations). She used a plastic bag and threw it in the garbage.. this was when I first went there in like 2003. Second time was a disgusting hobo who pissed into a garbage can outside.

So again, I don't care if you are a mainlander, HKer, Canadian with blonde hair and blue eyes, do your best to limit how negatively you affect peoples' lives wherever you go. That stuff may be acceptable in Dongguan or Yangshuo, but not Richmond or Hong Kong.

So in HK they use bags in North America people use jugs.

'Urine trouble,' states warn truckers - US news - Environment | NBC News

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #92
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Truckers piss in jugs, the average person can probably pull over at a rest stop etc lol

My buddy who is a diesel mechanic actually comes across alot of trucks where the drivers are either A) too lazy or B) it's too cold to get out of your truck so they cut a hole in the sleeper cab and shit through the hole, the shit then goes all over the engine/drivetrain and these people bring it in for service with shit all over everything, they ban the driver from service when they come across that lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #93
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,888 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #94
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
So I guess you don't care when kis pee and poo in public please tell us where you live so we can tell the parents to let thier kids pee and poo ouside of your house since you don't mind it at all.
what. the. f.... are you high?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #95
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,288 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
what. the. f.... are you high?
Spoderman Y U DO DAT
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #96
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I am not defending this act, as I feel it was disgusting and distasteful. However, aside from the fact that it was visually unappealing, I thought the nature of the act was pretty innocuous (as previously discussed). Yes, disgusting and uncivilized, but it did not harm anybody...and let's be real here...how offensive do you find the sight of a child's penis to be? There are activist groups out there fighting for the social acceptance of public breast feeding. I don't personally feel that what this mother did with her kid is any more offensive to society than public breast feeding. So why aren't there activists fighting for the social acceptance of kids urinating into contained waste disposal bins? Again...just playing devil's advocate - what this woman did was despicable to say the least.

Ok I'm going to stir the pot some more. Now we can all see that this woman is trying to consciously aim her son's stream into the garbage. So we can all agree that even though it was disgusting to do so, there was at least a hint of well intentions presented. What if she was genuinely confused as to which public washroom to take her son to? Perhaps she was too self conscious to take a boy into the women's room, yet too shy to enter the men's room herself. After all, there is no man in this picture so she may have been alone. Yes there are handicap washrooms for situations like these but who is to say that she even thought to check, or knew they existed? Was she really lazy and detestable, or just ignorant and pressed for action? In her mind, I doubt she saw any wrong in putting urine (waste) into a waste bin.

This has been another episode of slingblade's 3am stoned thoughts.
More people need to get stoned and think like you do LOL
xSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #97
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,354 Times in 351 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/ouIfWyx.jpg
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #98
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
LUUUUUUUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:59 AM   #99
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 10,861 Times in 2,126 Posts
So I'll come out and say this..

I saw this pic from another RS user's instagram, unfortunately, the original poster had his IG blocked, but i capped the screen and posted on my own IG

As I'm friends with VancityBuzz, I sent him to pic with the proper credit...
one blog post and a reddit submission later, it goes viral within hours

So in a way, RS was responsible(kinda) for making this go viral...
haha

Skinnypup posted this on /r/hongkong and leads to another debate there...

regardless... theres no reason why people need to poop/pee in a high traffic area. This shit may be "normal" in HK, but its gotten out of hand, sad to say, this may be the first case in which it went public to the internet.

Its sad to say that some people still need to be educated on such etiquette, China may be developed, but this is the case with a lot of "new money" Chinese.

here are some articles

The boy who peed in a garbage can at a B.C. mall: Why did it happen? - The Globe and Mail

Kid Pees In Mall Garbage Can In Richmond, Twitter Reacts (TWEETS)

Boy peeing in B.C. mall trash bin photo sparks online debate - British Columbia - CBC News
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:20 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
So I'll come out and say this..

I saw this pic from another RS user's instagram, unfortunately, the original poster had his IG blocked, but i capped the screen and posted on my own IG

As I'm friends with VancityBuzz, I sent him to pic with the proper credit...
one blog post and a reddit submission later, it goes viral within hours

So in a way, RS was responsible(kinda) for making this go viral...
haha

Skinnypup posted this on /r/hongkong and leads to another debate there...

regardless... theres no reason why people need to poop/pee in a high traffic area. This shit may be "normal" in HK, but its gotten out of hand, sad to say, this may be the first case in which it went public to the internet.

Its sad to say that some people still need to be educated on such etiquette, China may be developed, but this is the case with a lot of "new money" Chinese.

here are some articles

The boy who peed in a garbage can at a B.C. mall: Why did it happen? - The Globe and Mail

Kid Pees In Mall Garbage Can In Richmond, Twitter Reacts (TWEETS)

Boy peeing in B.C. mall trash bin photo sparks online debate - British Columbia - CBC News
Yeah I just finished arguing with a guy there who kept trying to turn it into a "Hong Kongers think they're better than Mainlanders" thing. But then he threw a logical fallacy at me (bringing up a story about some horrible things a Hong Konger did to a maid, as if that has anything to do with anything) and saved me time in no longer having to respond to someone who is never going to listen anyway