REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Witness Needed: Richmond Car Accident - Sept. 4 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687992-witness-needed-richmond-car-accident-sept-4-a.html)

xXSupa 09-06-2013 12:34 PM

Witness Needed: Richmond Car Accident - Sept. 4

Hey everyone. My mom was involved in a very serious accident earlier this week. The accident happened on Wednesday, Sept. 4th at the intersection of Blundell and No. 5 Road. She was driving a Black Dodge Grand Caravan, heading eastbound on Blundell on a green light, when another car headed northbound on No. 5 Road ran the red light and t-boned her. My mom's car was pushed into oncoming traffic from the force, slamming head on with another car, then spinned 180 degrees before coming to a stop.

One of the passengers of the car that ran the red has been pronounced dead at the hospital, and 4 others are still injured.

Our car is probably totalled. Front end completely obliterated, and passenger side heavily damaged. Luckily, my mom escaped with no life threatening injuries and should be okay. She is currently still recovering.

If anyone has any details about this, please let us know.
It should be pretty clear cut that the other driver ran the red, but any information can still help. Thanks.

News article on Richmond Review:
http://www.richmondreview.com/news/222580591.html

- kT 09-06-2013 12:46 PM

drove by this accident while i was working, looked really bad.. from my angle i couldn't see the corolla, but your mom's caravan definitely looked totalled. don't know if you've seen any photos but i can pm/post the single picture i took of the accident. unfortunately i didn't witness the actual accident

glad your mom's relatively fine, hope she makes a speedy recovery - fuck red light runners
Posted via RS Mobile

xXSupa 09-06-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 8314953)
drove by this accident while i was working, looked really bad.. from my angle i couldn't see the corolla, but your mom's caravan definitely looked totalled. don't know if you've seen any photos but i can pm/post the single picture i took of the accident. unfortunately i didn't witness the actual accident

glad your mom's relatively fine, hope she makes a speedy recovery - fuck red light runners
Posted via RS Mobile

Yes, a picture would be great. I will pm you my email.

Edit: Or you can just pm me the photo, that works too.

FerrariEnzo 09-06-2013 01:01 PM

The car that your mom was forced into, can they not provide you as her witness and vice versa?

dvst8 09-06-2013 01:31 PM

Question: Can the red light runner be criminally charged for the death of his passenger?

ree666 09-06-2013 02:36 PM

i dont get how that many accidents can occur at that intersection.

Harvey Specter 09-06-2013 02:42 PM

^
I haven't been on no 5 for ages but from what I remember it's a long stretch of road without too many lights so I'm assuming drivers tend to speed and blow through red lights.

bcedhk 09-06-2013 02:44 PM

^ Most drivers still have the highway speed mentality after getting off from the 99. And since no.5 is so straight and light traffic, cars tend to go above the 50 limit. I would say, the avg speed people go from that stretch is 70+

Stiig 09-06-2013 06:18 PM

Glad your mom is ok, hopefully the accident will have no major effect on her health in the future.

Time to invest on another dashcam for other cars in your family perhaps?

xXSupa 09-07-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 8314965)
The car that your mom was forced into, can they not provide you as her witness and vice versa?

Yeah, that's what we are going to do if no other witnesses step up. I think the police just wants some witnesses who weren't involved in the crash itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiig (Post 8315169)
Glad your mom is ok, hopefully the accident will have no major effect on her health in the future.

Time to invest on another dashcam for other cars in your family perhaps?

I've always tried getting her to install a dashcam in her car. Even when I said I'd do the installation for her, she said it would be too much of a hassle and didn't want it. She won't be driving for a while, but when she does, she told me that she will definitely get a dashcam for her car.

cctw 09-07-2013 11:45 AM

^with that big of a crash..traffic on all sides would have stopped anyways...

no one bothered to leave a number or a statement with the police?

- kT 09-07-2013 01:23 PM

from what i saw there were a lot of bystanders and witnesses standing around the scene of the accident - i think op is just trying to ensure his mom doesn't get fucked by finding his own witnesses. pretty good call actually, never hurts