REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   School me on South Korea (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688080-school-me-south-korea.html)

pb.kidz 01-12-2017 07:10 PM

No I'm in my early 20's so thats perfect. I'm going to be traveling by my self so this will be interesting... I'm more into sight seeing though

inv4zn 01-12-2017 07:56 PM

I would then swing by Myeongdong at night, as it's just as hopping as Hongdae, and there's actually more shit to see.

Hongdae is just restaurants and small shops and clubs and drunk people. Myeongdong is largely the same but they cater to tourists, so bit more variety. You can also go to Namsan and take the cable car up. You can get an amazing 360 view of all of Seoul.

In the day there are lots of palaces and museums within Seoul, and entrance is like $2. Check out some public markets, then take the subway back to the airport.

MelonBoy 01-23-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb.kidz (Post 8816216)
No I'm in my early 20's so thats perfect. I'm going to be traveling by my self so this will be interesting... I'm more into sight seeing though

Check out the War memorial. Pretty neat. Considering how their whole country was basically rebuilt because of the war. Very interesting and worth going. Plus its free!

CivicBlues 01-24-2017 10:36 AM

I was in Seoul last year and hit up Itaewon (the foreigner district) on a Saturday night. They had an outdoor street party with a massive DJ booth set up with pyros and shit.

Probably not authentic Korean but fun nonetheless - huge mixed crowd. Happens every weekend I'm told by a local friend.

Mr.Money 01-25-2017 06:35 AM

so subway system is relatively easy to learn??.

inv4zn 01-25-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8818666)
so subway system is relatively easy to learn??.

It's easy in the sense that it's well laid out, comprehensive, and everything is in English as well.

It's hard in the sense that there are like 30,000 stations on what I think is like 15 main lines now. Transfer stations are huge and you may find yourself walking quite a lot to transfer between lines. Each station has numbered exits which spits you out closer to wherever you want to go. Bigger stations have like 15 exits, some of which are more than a city block apart.

All in all though, you probably won't get lost or anything.

radioman 01-25-2017 08:27 AM

I miss listening to the music when trains were arriving in seoul haha

Train system is well mapped out and just have to take a minuet to remember the stations name where you are getting off.

pb.kidz 02-08-2017 01:35 AM

How does one get directions around Korea lol google maps I just realized does not work in Korea

JDMDreams 02-08-2017 05:42 AM

You don't lol. When I was there everything showed up in Korean and the names. Basically impossible to search. We generally had to basically look OK a map to see where we were then old school navigate to where we had to go