REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   First time Buying a BMW CPO, Advice Needed! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688183-first-time-buying-bmw-cpo-advice-needed.html)

westopher 09-13-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8319371)
Seeing as payments on an 80k bimmer with... you said 25% down?... @ 4.99% would:

$80,000-25%
$60,000+12% tax
$67,200 @4.99%/60 months
=$1,270/month.

My ocean front apartment is basically the same price per month.

Phil@rise 09-13-2013 02:39 PM

soo neither give you land.....

hehehe

BEEB 09-13-2013 03:10 PM

OP, If your buying CPO, don't worry about the car until the original 4 years factory warranty expires, CPO warranty sucks and they don't cover as many things as you think. Don't be fooled by the $12,000 CPO warranty package list that they put in front of you. It's a totally different story when you bring your car in after factory warranty expires.
As some may have mentioned, if you can inspect the car yourself, look for rusted bolts and nuts or even paint bubbling in the wheel arches. You can sorta tell how bad it is by looking at the muffler housing cause it's sitting down there, exposed to heat, salt and rain.

GLOW 09-13-2013 04:08 PM

all about experiences! :troll:

thumper 09-14-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjc11 (Post 8319298)
how about an e63 bmw m6? they're around 10-20k lower in price

and DAT V10 sound :sweetjesus::sweetjesus::megusta:

i can`t imagine what the costs would be to maintain and fuel a 10 cylinder car as a daily driver...

hk20000 09-14-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil@rise (Post 8319810)
soo neither give you land.....

hehehe

technically speaking he has a percentage of freehold ownership to the land (upon destruction of the apartment building). He just doesn't have the freedom to use it as he sees fit. :okay:

nabs 09-14-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hk20000 (Post 8320091)
technically speaking he has a percentage of freehold ownership to the land (upon destruction of the apartment building). He just doesn't have the freedom to use it as he sees fit. :okay:

stahp... im buying an apartment soon :okay:

Geoc 09-14-2013 08:03 AM

You guys are all hatin on him,

What if his parents were ballin outta control and because their son just graduated from uni, they were like "we are going to buy you a Ferrari la", but then the sensible son wanted something more humble like a Honda. So they got into a huge argument and finally they compromised on both sides and settled for a 80k BMW (CPO was the sons attempt to make the car cost less than 6 figures)

OP, I applaud your sensibility and how well grounded you are to stand up against your ballin parents.

mr_chin 09-14-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoc (Post 8320128)

What if his parents were ballin outta control and because their son just graduated from uni, they were like "we are going to buy you a Ferrari la", but then the sensible son wanted something more humble like a Honda. So they got into a huge argument and finally they compromised on both sides and settled for a 80k BMW (CPO was the sons attempt to make the car cost less than 6 figures)

OP, I applaud your sensibility and how well grounded you are to stand up against your ballin parents.

In a perfect world.

In reality, I don't think anyone will reject a ferrari handed to them by their parents.

Harvey Specter 09-14-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoc (Post 8320128)

Where does the OP say his parents are buying him the car? He's made it clear that he's buying the car himself so what in the heck are you going on about?

Geoc 09-14-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Disick (Post 8320276)
Where does the OP say his parents are buying him the car? He's made it clear that he's buying the car himself so what in the heck are you going on about?

:troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

jing 09-14-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8320179)
In a perfect world.

In reality, I don't think anyone will reject a ferrari handed to them by their parents.

My coworker has a close friend who prefers to drive his aunt's CRV over his dad's F430 because it has better a/c lol.
Posted via RS Mobile