REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Indochino (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688356-indochino.html)

RuffleCopterz 09-17-2013 07:26 PM

Indochino

Anyone have experience with their suits? Do you recommend them? I want something that's not on par with something like Moores but also not as expensive as hugo boss etc

MelonBoy 10-03-2013 12:01 AM

Friend was going to buy a suit from them. We went to a local tailor to get his fitting and after talking to the seamstress. He decided not to buy a suit from them.

The lady we talked to told us she's had customers bring in suits from them to be fixed and told us how horrible the material/cut/threading was. She actually said it was one of the worse suits shes fixed. (Apparently it looks decent but the insides are all fucked up and poorly done)

She recommended us to essentially any other retail store in metro town.. said the quality probably be better.

4444 10-03-2013 08:52 AM

^^^ bang on, they're shit, they look so-so, but the fit is terrible and uncomfortable.

Use Tom James or maxwells clothiers for good custom made business attire (goot 'em)

A suit should last 3-5 years minimum (assuming wearing lightly, and once per week), so pay a little more and get a suit that you like to wear because not only is it comfortable, but looks great too.

4444 10-03-2013 08:53 AM

One last thing, depending on ur body shape/size, off the rack may never work, so u may need a tailored, from scratch, suit

sonick 10-03-2013 01:24 PM

I've got two suits from them and a friend of mine has 4 or 6 suits from them and are happy with them. Fit very well, and if not the customer service is great regarding re-makes or tailoring credit. However you pretty much have to expect the first suit you order to fit pretty poorly, which will require you to send in adjustments to have it re-made to proper specs. However once you are satisfied with the re-make, the measurements are in and will fit well for all future orders.

All the 'fashion' brand suits (Hugo Boss, D&G, etc.) around $1000 are going to be equally shittily constructed anyway, fused with glue and such and made in the same factories as the $300 Zara or Men's Warehouse. At least Indochino is half-canvassed and made to measure.

A bit more regarding this: http://community.artofmanliness.com/...ss-suit-school

Quote:

Fashion brands like Kenneth Cole, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, etc. are generally poorly constructed in 3d world countries and then sold to you at a ridiculously inflated price just because of their brand name. I used to think Hugo Boss was the top of the line (as I sure many others do). However, when I learned about the poor construction of their clothing, and when my navy Boss suit from them started to bubble, I was enlightened. Their clothing is NEVER worth full retail price, and hardly worth it on sale, even at 50% off. The employees generally work off commission and will generally tell you anything- wheeling and dealing- to get you to buy a suit. Although they stood behind their product when I took my suit back to them, and tried to correct the bubbling with my suit, you can save yourself the trouble by avoiding fashion-house brands.
Although I haven't tried them, there are other similar companies that do online MTM that are fairly well received. I'd recommend any of them before buying ANY suit off the rack (even aforementioned $1000 fashion brand suits from Holt Renfrew or Harry Rosen):
http://www.blacklapel.com/
http://www.thickasthievesla.com/

Tapioca 10-04-2013 01:56 PM

They have their travelling tailor service in town at the end of the month. I'm going to buy a couple of shirts from them (it's time for a couple of MTM white shirts), but I haven't heard many positives regarding the quality of their suits. I'll probably take a look at their swatches anyway for amusement.

I think Suitsupply is where it's at for something decent under a grand. I was very impressed by their service at their retail store and the fabrics are very good considering what you pay. Hopefully their Seattle store will open soon.
Posted via RS Mobile

iamon 10-04-2013 02:53 PM

I was going to buy a suit from them at the tailoring appointment, but I may just get a few shirts instead after reading the feedback here.

CorollaGTWing 10-30-2013 10:56 PM

I just set up an appointment to get my measurements this Saturday but still not sure if I want to follow through with buying. It seems like in general people don't have a good impression of them here on RS. I could spend $500 on a suit that I don't even know if it'll actually fit well, or take that $500 and bring it to Zara for 2 or 3 off the rack suits that I can at least try on for a reasonable fit though.

What do you guys think?

Harvey Specter 10-30-2013 11:20 PM

Like I said in another post cheap + suits should never be in the same sentence. Suits make a man so instead taking $500 and buying say 3 crappy suits from Zara, add some extra coin and get yourself a decent suit which not only fits well but looks quality. I'm personally not a fan of these online mtm companies, the quality is suspect. You really need to go out and try on different suits to get a good idea on the fit and quality.

CorollaGTWing 10-31-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Disick (Post 8350511)
Like I said in another post cheap + suits should never be in the same sentence. Suits make a man so instead taking $500 and buying say 3 crappy suits from Zara, add some extra coin and get yourself a decent suit which not only fits well but looks quality. I'm personally not a fan of these online mtm companies, the quality is suspect. You really need to go out and try on different suits to get a good idea on the fit and quality.

Thanks for the feedback, I get what you mean but $500 is just my budget right now, I'm still a student and that amount is already pushing it (prefer even lower in cost) and I would love to dish out more otherwise :(

sonick 10-31-2013 08:07 AM

The thing is, if you've only got $500 to spend, quality is going to be suspect either way. So instead of putting that towards a poor-fitting OTR suit, might as well go MTM and have it fit at least decently. Visually, how well or poorly a suit fits is more apparent than how fine the fabric quality is.

To get decent build and material worth a damn you'd have to spend at least $2000 OTR for an actual suiting brand (Canali, Zegna) or more for true MTM/bespoke. The $1000-$2000 'fashion brand' suits such as Hugo Boss, Armani, D&G etc. from Harry Rosen are made in the same/similar factories as the $500 with the same (mostly) fused construction, albiet MAYBE better materials. Even if I had the money I would spend $500 on four online MTM suits over a $2000 D&G from Harry Rosen hands down.

Also, it's not like you are going to be doing anything heavy-duty in a suit. The difference day-to-day with a $500 vs $1000 suit is not four times the difference (i.e. a $500 suit isn't going to fall apart in 2 years vs a $1000 suit will last 4 years).

lowside67 10-31-2013 08:43 AM

I respectfully disagree with that. If you don't have a crazy bizarre body shape, I would prefer to buy a well made off the shelf suit and spend the $125 it will cost to have the jacket and pants tailored. I own 2 Hugo Boss suits and 1 Armani suit, which cost me a grand total of $1000usd before tailoring by shopping at Nordstrom's rack and the outlets on the way to Seattle. My total all in after tailoring etc is under $1500 for these 3 suits and I would put them up in terms of fit and finish against any MTM suits in your closet for a similar price point.

Mark

sonick 10-31-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8350631)
I respectfully disagree with that. If you don't have a crazy bizarre body shape, I would prefer to buy a well made off the shelf suit and spend the $125 it will cost to have the jacket and pants tailored. I own 2 Hugo Boss suits and 1 Armani suit, which cost me a grand total of $1000usd before tailoring by shopping at Nordstrom's rack and the outlets on the way to Seattle. My total all in after tailoring etc is under $1500 for these 3 suits and I would put them up in terms of fit and finish against any MTM suits in your closet for a similar price point.

Mark

Do you know if your Hugo Boss or Armani suits fused, half-canvassed, or full-canvassed? If not, it would be safe to assume they are fused, which is far from 'well-made', unless you also consider $399 Men's Warehouse suits 'well-made' as well. Of course they have the name cachet behind it, as well as probably better materials and better fit. But the actual construction of it, not much different.

Not a slight at all to your purchase decision, I mean if you got them for a good deal and were able to tailor it to fit you nicely for that price, all the better.

I am a huge proponent of fit first and foremost, I'll take a well-fitting fused suit over a poorly fitting full-canvassed suit any day. Even if the latter is better made and better quality, if it looks like shit when you wear it none of it matters.

iamon 10-31-2013 08:59 AM

I posted a message on indochino's facebook page saying I would not be able to make the appointment. I'm gonna hold off on buying a suit. I have a calvin klein one that fits me pretty well, its the only brand I have found that fits well for me.

lowside67 10-31-2013 09:01 AM

Actually both my Hugo Boss suits are half-canvassed. I believe the Armani one is fused.

But at the end of the day, fit is important, I couldn't agree more - but if you have a body type that is close to the one the suit is designed for, then tailoring it can make it just as good as a MTM suit, but you still get to take advantage of having much better fabrics than the cheap MTM suit.

Cheers

stuff99 11-04-2013 12:42 PM

I ordered three shirts from them. Let's see how that goes.

stuff99 02-26-2016 02:12 PM

My problem with them is that they set up shop right here in Canada and all the prices in their shop are in USD.

murd0c 02-26-2016 03:14 PM

When they first opened they were great buy now its a joke, materials are cheap and they don't fit most of the time since they are made in China now. Don't waste your time buying a suit from them because you wont be happy with it.

Berzerker 02-26-2016 04:36 PM

What's a guy with my proportions supposed to do for a well fitting suit?
I'm fairly certain no online company will get it right. Am I looking at a full custom tailor job?
See Avatar

Berz out.

murd0c 02-26-2016 05:16 PM

That is correct Berz, someone your size its smarter paying more money and getting something with quality which will fit correctly then using an online company and playing darts.