REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Has anyone booked their flight tickets through CheapOair before? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688538-has-anyone-booked-their-flight-tickets-through-cheapoair-before.html)

Slifer 09-23-2013 05:28 PM

Has anyone booked their flight tickets through CheapOair before?

They always seem to have the cheapest flights around.
Does anyone have any experience booking through them?

Thanks

Nssan 09-23-2013 05:36 PM

yes I have .. many times.. its safe, no worries

Slifer 09-23-2013 07:13 PM

They seem to have lots of bad reviews though

CRS 09-23-2013 09:41 PM

Though I've never booked through them, the thing with budget booking/airlines is that the people who use it are also the ones that will complain the most when things aren't top notch. This is to say that the people who typically use it will also be the first to complain if there is anything even remotely wrong.

Take allegaintair for example, I've used them and have never found them to be anything but good. They're by no means the best airline I've ever flown with but they also aren't bad. I find the people that complain typically just want a free meal and expect the world when they are paying pennies for it.

chinook79 09-23-2013 10:13 PM

I've booked with CheapOair before and did not have any problem. As for Allegiant Air, I never expected free meal or anything. All I am asking from airline, especially budget airline is for them to treat passengers like a decent human being and be on time reasonable percentage of the time. If you never had bad experience with Allegiant air, consider yourself lucky. Although I did have decent experiences in the past, which made me fly with allegiant one more time, service level has been decreasing steadily for Allegiant air. Last trip with Allegiant air for me was very.. very nasty. Email was sent with detailed information on flight number, flight attendant, how horrible the service was. It has been 4 months and all I heard back from them was that they received email. Not even an apology.

CRS 10-01-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinook79 (Post 8326277)
I've booked with CheapOair before and did not have any problem. As for Allegiant Air, I never expected free meal or anything. All I am asking from airline, especially budget airline is for them to treat passengers like a decent human being and be on time reasonable percentage of the time. If you never had bad experience with Allegiant air, consider yourself lucky. Although I did have decent experiences in the past, which made me fly with allegiant one more time, service level has been decreasing steadily for Allegiant air. Last trip with Allegiant air for me was very.. very nasty. Email was sent with detailed information on flight number, flight attendant, how horrible the service was. It has been 4 months and all I heard back from them was that they received email. Not even an apology.

That sucks to hear but I'm not quite sure why I deserved getting failed over what I posted. You said that you had a decent experiences with them in the past but that there was one occasion where it was horrible, I'm not sure you can simply say because they had one huge mess up that they will now suck forever more.

Zedbra 10-02-2013 07:02 AM

I travel over Canada and through the US a lot; I cannot recommend any airline that is "on time a reasonable percentage of the time."