REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   My poor experience with Bayside Performance in Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688618-my-poor-experience-bayside-performance-vancouver.html)

JM01 09-26-2013 01:50 AM

My poor experience with Bayside Performance in Vancouver

I’m the owner of a 2012 Diavel with 8000kms that needed a service including oil change, fluid flush, and a tire change. I took the bike to Bayside Performance on August 23rd and dealt with Kevin Boisvert, the owner, who told me the work would be completed within the business day. When I dropped the bike off we did a thorough visual walk-around, where Kevin even noted a small rock chip on my wheel. However, he noted no other damage, and no documents were signed. By the time I finally took the bike home, the oil change was not done, the reservoirs were damaged, and the wheel had significant damage.

An hour before closing I got a call from Bayside telling me they couldn’t finish the oil change as the drain plug was now stripped and leaking oil – Kevin told me it was Ducati’s fault and I should contact them. I let that go, and asked him to continue work as best he could.

When I picked up the bike that night, he did not inform me of any outstanding issues and I rode it home. However, the next evening I noticed the paint from the fluid reservoirs was seriously damaged. I gave my bike a quick inspection and realized the rear wheel had incurred significant damage as well. I contacted Bayside and went in personally the next business day.

Kevin told me that the fluid reservoir paint had peeled because of a faulty design by Ducati and there was nothing that could be done about it; he said this was the result of several weeks of fluid seepage and could in no way be his fault. I also informed him of the damage to my wheel, to which he replied that he would gladly take care of it if I brought my bike around and he could inspect the damage.

My return was delayed a few days by weather, but when I rode the bike over he immediately told me it was curb damage, despite it not looking at all like scratches from a curb. He refused to accept the possibility that his shop caused it, and claimed he must have missed it in the walk-around, a claim I find quite unlikely indeed given that he had noticed a miniscule rock chip on the same wheel.

Since then Kevin has refused to consider my claim and has resorted to simply ignoring me. I have replaced the fluid reservoirs since and am now on the hook for a $2200+ replacement rear wheel. I’ve submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, though according to them he’s ignored a few in the past and has refused to rectify previous concerns.

I’m not looking for a replacement here, or cash, I’d be fine with simply being taken seriously and hopefully a repair of the wheel damage which I believe was clearly caused by Bayside.

http://i.imgur.com/vXJFVfOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lSEOUeml.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aMuJLxFl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8xEMSM7l.jpg

The damage to the wheels:

http://i.imgur.com/QCdHzppl.jpg

z3german 09-26-2013 07:41 AM

Brake fluid is really corrosive to paint, could be a leak or some carelessness of the mechanic.

Kevins a great guy, and Bayside is a great place for parts... but that mechanic doe. :denied:

Good luck on the claims though, think about it like a car going into a body shop. Most are too lazy, or just careless to not take pictures of all damage prior to taking a car in. You probably wont get anything TBH or any sort of reconciliation, just take it as a lesson, whenever you leave a vehicle with a shop, do a walk around and ask them to take pictures of all existing damage.

Edit: For the brake reservoir, the side face you, it could be corrosion damage which caused it to chip. On the side not facing you, it looks like someone was trying to pry it or something...

And does the rear wheel really need replacing? I mean if you got money out yo ass by all means, but it doesnt look that bad, especially if you cant get someone to be accountable for it.

fliptuner 09-26-2013 12:36 PM

New oil pan + brake fluid res. cover = $2200?
+ new wheel?

Something doesn't add up.

bcrdukes 09-26-2013 12:45 PM

Hopefully Ducati has parts in stock. :p

Gwilo 09-26-2013 05:29 PM

The guy is a TROOLLL

Thread Closed

1- you curbed your Rim

2- Whom every did your last oil change stripped the bolt.

3- Your bike is new bring it to Duc for service

4- Master Cylinder - that is a common problem on Duc.

So just go away.

Gwilo 09-26-2013 05:40 PM

Per Kevin

Fluid reservoirs were heavily peeling when bike arrived we have the pictures.
No way we were gonna change the oil on that bike since the drain bolt was stripped by the last shop and it was leaking.

Damage to wheel is obvious curbing damage not tire machine.
We inspect every bike prior to doing the work. Damage claims must be made immediately after service work is completed not sometime later.

It would appear that Ducati was the one that stripped it!

The bolt was stripped the Allen socket would not even fit into it. I have no idea what condition the threads were in as we never removed it.

There was oil all over the bottom of the engine. From some reason the customer never noticed it

(Ref http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...e-in-Vancouver)

JM01 post again in this thread your account will be deactivated.

bcrdukes 09-26-2013 06:16 PM

Owned.

dachinesedude 09-27-2013 02:42 PM

jeffield is back on the intrawebs, JM shouldve known

My poor experience with Bayside Performance in Vancouver - Page 3

CharlieH 09-27-2013 04:05 PM

to be fair to OP, i saw the bike before and after the service at bayside and there was no damage to the reservoirs until after the appointment. i didnt notice the wheels prior, but the damage on it doesn't look like it was from curbing. it feels like light scuffing caused by taking a piece of fine sandpaper to it or something.

bcrdukes 09-27-2013 07:35 PM

Whoa...

Awk..ward....

:inoutugh:

Gwilo 09-28-2013 08:10 AM

The reservoir could have happened at the time of service, but it is no ones fault, manufacturing defect of the seals and poor 'paint' job, (should be powdercoat).

rk604 09-28-2013 09:40 PM

Honestly, it's between the OP and Bayside...I didn't want to chime in on BCSB as its pointless to do so with all the assholes there...but

@Gwilo - Your assumptions are based of what he said she said...as a mod who's been around for this long, I didn't expect you to make quick accusations like that.

1- You don't know that he curbed the rim

2- You don't know that the last mechanic shop stripped the bolts

3- You shouldn't have to bring your new bike to the dealership for service. I certainly don't and I haven't had issues with it. If you bring it to a licensed shop, they should be able to perform services offered without ruining your vehicle.

4- It was quite informative to know that it is a common problem for the brake fluid to seep for the Diavel, but didn't have to be a douche about it.

5- Its a paint scuff...no friction when you run your fingers over it. It can't be from a curbage...imposibru

Gwilo 09-29-2013 05:28 AM

For those that support the OP ask him why he is not posting with his usual handle.

Had to create a new account for this??

rk604 09-29-2013 12:00 PM

I couldn't care less to be honest. I've ridden with you and the OP and don't know either one of you well enough to to go through all the details. I just don't see the need to attack or degrade someone because of that.

z3german 09-29-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 8329289)
Honestly, it's between the OP and Bayside...I didn't want to chime in on BCSB as its pointless to do so with all the assholes there...but

Maybe they are assholes, but we dont have artists like they on on BCSB

Spoiler!

nabs 09-29-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3german (Post 8329553)
Maybe they are assholes, but we dont have artists like they on on BCSB
Spoiler!

must read this while this playing in the background...

:lawl:

Sunfighter 10-07-2013 10:42 PM

My experience with Bayside (as I indicated before) was exceptional.

That the OP had to create a new account to post his experience with Bayside immediately discredits his story... Why would that be necessary? Kevin and the Bayside crew don't have the opportunity to hide behind a guise... why does the OP need one?

r6kid 11-06-2013 10:14 AM

my exp @ bayside.. kevin seems kinda grumpy... not very "friendly" but if the deals are good i guess i can live with that for 10 mins and leave

Raid3n 11-07-2013 03:49 AM

only thing i don't like about bayside is that they ignore anything older than 2000 haha, other than that i haven't had a problem.

Ferra 11-07-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwilo (Post 8328002)
Per Kevin

Fluid reservoirs were heavily peeling when bike arrived we have the pictures.
No way we were gonna change the oil on that bike since the drain bolt was stripped by the last shop and it was leaking.

Damage to wheel is obvious curbing damage not tire machine.
We inspect every bike prior to doing the work. Damage claims must be made immediately after service work is completed not sometime later.

It would appear that Ducati was the one that stripped it!

The bolt was stripped the Allen socket would not even fit into it. I have no idea what condition the threads were in as we never removed it.

There was oil all over the bottom of the engine. From some reason the customer never noticed it

(Ref My poor experience with Bayside Performance in Vancouver)

JM01 post again in this thread your account will be deactivated.

abuse of mod power....? :badpokerface:

I don't know the shop or anyone involved, but OP's story doesn't sounds unreasonable at all. (FYI, he didn't accuse you of stripping the bolt or the causing the leak....you told him it was ducati & and the last mechanic's fault and he didn't comments further on it)

He said his claim is on the wheel damage....
I am no expert here...but this doesn't look like curb damage

So when you make comments like:
Quote:

Thread Closed
1- you curbed your Rim
Damage to wheel is obvious curbing damage
It really dents your credibility...

The tone in your post also gives me an idea what kind of attitude OP had to deal with at your shop....and it isn't a good one.

Ferra 11-07-2013 09:42 AM

and OP is also a retard for saying that wheel is a $2200 damage...