REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Websites to check essays for plagiarism (https://www.revscene.net/forums/688815-websites-check-essays-plagiarism.html)

JulyZerg 10-02-2013 02:36 PM

Websites to check essays for plagiarism

Aside from write-check, turnitin and googling bits and pieces of the essay, does anyone know of any free services to check your essay/assignments or projects for plagiarism or if someone copy and pasted the entire assignment or paragraph from somewhere?

Thx

snails 10-02-2013 02:38 PM

checking own plagiarized work to see if teachers can catch him...

alot of work to save you some work!

:notbad:

Neva 10-02-2013 03:33 PM

Or group project where a retard plagiarizes and everyone fails?

Spidey 10-02-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neva (Post 8331629)
Or group project where a retard plagiarizes and everyone fails?

unlikely everyone will be hit for ONE persons mistake

SpeedStars 10-02-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8331633)

You'd be surprised. Many teachers leave it up to you to check your group work. If you fail to find the plagiarized work, your entire group is getting 0
Posted via RS Mobile

dinosaur 10-02-2013 04:45 PM

I never understood group projects in University....was always so fucking awkward and nobody ever trusted each other. Was totally Lord of The Flies.

AndroidAAA 10-02-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8331687)
I never understood group projects in University....was always so fucking awkward and nobody every trusted each other. Was totally Lord of The Flies.

Whenever I got put into groups only one or two people did any work everyone else did shit all.

Would rather just do it myself.

GLOW 10-02-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidAAA (Post 8331705)
Whenever I got put into groups only one or two people did any work everyone else did shit all.

best is when those that did shit tried to come in when it's time to present and make it look like they did 90% of the project

meme405 10-02-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidAAA (Post 8331705)

Same, even with 6 person groups, two people who already trust each other would always do the work. Others would just coast along.

@ the OP, how about you just don't plagiarize. Then you wouldnt have to come on here looking like a noob, asking how to check if your teacher will catch you.

You read an article you can use the points in it but paraphrase it into your own words and incorporate it into your paper, don't copy and paste. And then make sure you cite your used works correctly.

There is nothing wrong with using other peoples articles or arguments, just make them your own, and make sure you give credit where credit is due.

JulyZerg 10-02-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8331742)
Same, even with 6 person groups, two people who already trust each other would always do the work. Others would just coast along.

@ the OP, how about you just don't plagiarize. Then you wouldnt have to come on here looking like a noob, asking how to check if your teacher will catch you.

You read an article you can use the points in it but paraphrase it into your own words and incorporate it into your paper, don't copy and paste. And then make sure you cite your used works correctly.

There is nothing wrong with using other peoples articles or arguments, just make them your own, and make sure you give credit where credit is due.

Epic LuLz

Not cheating or plagiarizing, "noob" just making sure other people aren't, so I don't get 0.
Posted via RS Mobile

Not really racist! 10-02-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8331633)

lol... that's like a general misconception

profs don't care if it was just one person...plagerism is plagerism
Posted via RS Mobile

twitchyzero 10-02-2013 07:46 PM

majority of my coursework in university was group work
:fuckthatshit:
better than always cramming for exams i guess

4444 10-02-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulyZerg (Post 8331792)
Epic LuLz

Not cheating or plagiarizing, "noob" just making sure other people aren't, so I don't get 0.
Posted via RS Mobile

"Epic lulz"

What are you, an 8 year old girl?!

XplicitLuder 10-02-2013 08:18 PM

^ ur jimmies r rustled
Posted via RS Mobile

meme405 10-02-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulyZerg (Post 8331792)
Epic LuLz

Posted via RS Mobile

Wow really, this tool can fail me? If I could fail you, I would go back to every single one of your posts and fail you.

I don't believe a single word of what you are saying. I never had to check any of my group projects to see if someone had plagiarized because I always knew their sources, and we did our project as a group.

I bet this isn't even a group project and the OP's just a fucking idiot who has to cheat in life.

EDIT: even more likely is he paid someone else to do his project and wants to double check that they didn't fuck him by copying it out of google.

JulyZerg 10-02-2013 08:47 PM

^
http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/c/cb/YouMad.jpg

Gridlock 10-02-2013 08:48 PM

True story. I'm at BCIT and we are to partner up, attend a franchise fair and do a quick compare/contrast type paper on 2 businesses presented.

Simple right? Totally see that the goal is to get you to go, and actually ask some questions.

So I get this weird ass fucking dude named Dennis. Of course, as in his world I'm a mouth breather that can't string two words together, he takes the initiative to say he'll write it and send it to me for review.

Asshole. Anyway.

We do vending machines.

His paper starts with the history of vending machines starting in Egyptian times.

Fuck. Group work.

Valour 10-03-2013 03:01 AM

Those in group work who do nothing and take credit... They r bosses and managers now!
Posted via RS Mobile

CRS 10-03-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valour (Post 8332003)
Those in group work who do nothing and take credit... They r bosses and managers now!
Posted via RS Mobile

Yeah, I don't think so. These people get exposed in the real world and generally don't climb very far in the corporate ladder.

Roach 10-03-2013 07:32 AM

Colour me old but I was unaware that websites like this exist where one could check for pieces of plagiarized writing.

It's unfortunate that many of the respondents here could not answer the OP's inquiry but instead injected their own opinions and biases into their responses.

OP - I did a quick search and Grammarly seems to be a pretty well-respected site.

I also found this list by Mashable that outlines many services available. It's a year old though so newer sites may be around.

Kev

Fappin 10-03-2013 07:46 AM

I remember my teacher back in highschool telling us this girl plagiarized an in-class essay word for word. He gave her a 0 but at least credited her for having one hell of a memory lol.

Spoon 10-03-2013 07:48 AM

^ Probably performed a switcheroo :fullofwin:

dinosaur 10-03-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 8332030)
Colour me old but I was unaware that websites like this exist where one could check for pieces of plagiarized writing.

It's unfortunate that many of the respondents here could not answer the OP's inquiry but instead injected their own opinions and biases into their responses.

OP - I did a quick search and Grammarly seems to be a pretty well-respected site.

I also found this list by Mashable that outlines many services available. It's a year old though so newer sites may be around.

Kev

They are relatively recent and only started to be utilized my last semester of University. I only used it twice....its pretty interesting "technology" but sad at the same time.

JulyZerg 10-03-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 8332030)

Kev

Thanks for helping! Really appreciate it!