REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Greek Food Catering? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689059-greek-food-catering.html)

xmisstrinh 10-09-2013 02:47 PM

Greek Food Catering?

Hello fellow foodies...

I was hoping someone can recommend a Greek restaurant that caters, or just a Greek food catering company.

We're having a office lunch celebrating 4 of our employees' birthdays, including our CEO... and I don't think Jimmy the Greek would make as good moussaka as other places (or should I be told otherwise?)

Anyways, if you know of any places to recommend that would be awesome! My office is located at the corner of Boundary and Hastings, so anything within that area, or a place that will deliver would be awesome!

Thanks!!

murd0c 10-09-2013 02:55 PM

Call Stefano's in New West and see if that do maybe? I have been a number of times and I think the food is great.

Stefanos - New Westminster | Urbanspoon

dinosaur 10-09-2013 03:03 PM

Opa caters.

xmisstrinh 10-09-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8336077)
Opa caters.

no moussaka on their catering menu :(

Bonka 10-09-2013 04:03 PM

I've had Little Billy's catered on Hastings near Sperling a couple of times before I don't know if they will specifically do catering for anyone since they don't make any mention of it on their website.

Little Billy's Steak House

meowjinboo 10-11-2013 12:12 PM

Mousaka is literally horse shit.

Seriously no greek fucking eats it.

Instead we eat pastitsio.

Anyways, give olympia pizza a call on west broadway. The head cook had his own catering business a few years ago and I'm sure they can do it.

xmisstrinh 10-12-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8337336)

Anyways, give olympia pizza a call on west broadway. The head cook had his own catering business a few years ago and I'm sure they can do it.

er.. okay? Maybe its a thing for tourists, I dunno? But I was in Greece for a week and everywhere I went features their moussaka and I liked it just fine :)

KO7 10-13-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8337336)

*Mindblown*. The gf and I love Moussaka and get it once a month or so when we eat out.

Culverin 10-13-2013 05:16 PM

Authentic != Good
I'm Chinese.
Sweet and sour as known here in North America isn't really Chinese food is more of a bastardization. That doesn't necessarily make it bad.

Authentic? No.
Bad? Depends who made it.

Now back to pastitsio.
Penne + beef + bechamel doesn't sound that great.
Who makes it the best locally?

And I swear if you say "my aunt" I will go, track down your aunt and you know where this is going don't you? :p

tiger_handheld 10-13-2013 06:29 PM

Stepho's

kcl38 10-13-2013 07:16 PM

One of my friend's work was catered by Kisamos in Steveston a few days a week. She loved it.
Posted via RS Mobile