REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Campus Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/campus-forum_20/)
-   -   computer information technology @ BCIT (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689505-computer-information-technology-%40-bcit.html)

mr_chin 10-24-2013 12:31 AM

computer information technology @ BCIT

Planning on getting into this and eventually going into digital processing.

Anyone done computer programming courses at BCIT?

Does BCIT students select students based on marks or priority sign up sequence?

What are the hours for evening courses?

bcrdukes 10-24-2013 03:51 PM

I think TOS'd is in this program.

ForbiddenX 11-17-2013 02:38 PM

Computer Systems Technology is probably want to do and not CIT. I think CIT focuses more on the IT side of things whereas CST is the programming. I don't remember exactly but when I took CST, it branched to different things than CIT.

I took digital processing. If you have any questions feel free to ask anything relating to the option.

Don't know anything about admission or evening classes though :P

mr_chin 11-19-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForbiddenX (Post 8363756)
Computer Systems Technology is probably want to do and not CIT. I think CIT focuses more on the IT side of things whereas CST is the programming. I don't remember exactly but when I took CST, it branched to different things than CIT.

I took digital processing. If you have any questions feel free to ask anything relating to the option.

Don't know anything about admission or evening classes though :P

Yeah, I just browsed through the BCIT website yesterday and discovered that CST teaches C languages and how to program stuff, so I have my mind set on CST now.

What is the level of difficult according to you with CST? Reading the "BCIT Anyone?" thread, it's quite threatening to hear people say that you will get your ass handed to you at BCIT.

If you had the choice to go back, would you have chosen another option other than digital processing? I'm always afraid that once I complete a program, I would struggle to find a job.

!Yaminashi 11-19-2013 10:50 PM

The only reason everyone says you get your ass handed to you at BCIT is because BCIT is known for their ridiculous work loads.

If you have good study and work habits it wont be a problem, but be prepared for alot of late nights. It also depends on how well you want to do.

If you are wanting to be top of the class you most likely will get your ass handed to you unless you have off the chart comprehension in every subject.

I know a couple of guys that went into CST. Apparently it's quite difficult.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but for the love of god think twice before stepping foot into BCIT.

The struggle is real.

TOS'd 11-20-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbrdukes (Post 8346237)
I think TOS'd is in this program.

Don't act like you know me. Cause you don't.

The real struggle is waking up in the morning, other than that, BCIT is a walk in the park with pbrdukes.

PS, im not in CST.

bcrdukes 11-20-2013 12:55 PM

You secretly wish I knew you.