REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Kingsway Knight Situation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689530-kingsway-knight-situation.html)

fliptuner 10-25-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 8346724)
Saw a bunch of k9s and officers in front of that Pho place with neon signs on Kingsway at around 230AM. Arrested a few asians. No idea if related.

The situations or the arrestees? :troll:

pastarocket 10-25-2013 10:15 AM

This police situation gets more interesting as your read about it. It's a suspected crackhouse, whorehouse, AND involves a few Asians at nearby Pho place?

dlo 10-25-2013 10:27 AM

isnt there an increase in police presence recently? supposedly RCMP send around 200+ officers from canada wide to vancouver

GLOW 10-25-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8346744)
It's a suspected crackhouse, whorehouse, AND involves a few Asians at nearby Pho place?

that seems like a bad combo...crack whores...

SumAznGuy 10-25-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8346744)
This police situation gets more interesting as your read about it. It's a suspected crackhouse, whorehouse, AND involves a few Asians at nearby Pho place?

This is from the news articled that was posted on the last page.

Quote:

Four people have been arrested after a standoff with police last night in East Vancouver.

Fincham said the incident began when officers arrived at the residence to execute a search warrant of the home believed to contain stolen property in the late afternoon.

An unknown number of occupants ignored orders to leave the house and would not let police inside.

Manic! 10-25-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8346764)
that seems like a bad combo...crack whores...

Get a girl addicted to drugs then you don't have to pay her.

chinook79 10-25-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 8346724)
Saw a bunch of k9s and officers in front of that Pho place with neon signs on Kingsway at around 230AM. Arrested a few asians. No idea if related.

Not related. I was driving by and almost ran over two skinny Asian guys about 16~18 years old. They were jumping into the road on such foggy day in dark clothes. I thought they were playing around, turns out one of them was holding knife trying to stab other kid.

parm104 10-25-2013 12:40 PM

LOL only in Surrey....

Spoiler!

Culverin 10-25-2013 01:05 PM

I used to live around the corner.
That house used to sell stuff on their front lawn all the time.

Not surprised stuff happened.

Feel back for the Japanese place on the same block.
The guy there is very nice and he makes legit food, but in a very bad location.
I wish he didn't have to lose business for an entire night. He doesn't get enough of it as it is :(

HKS PWR 10-25-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8346674)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HKS PWR (Post 8346576)
Apparently, situation was resolved by 11:30PM, but no word of arrests

Police standoff blocks traffic along Vancouver's Knight Street

Quote:

VANCOUVER - Four people have been arrested after a standoff with police last night in East Vancouver.
from the article you posted

:suspicious:

The article in the link has been updated from the time I posted it, at midnight, to when you read it, probably around 7:00AM. A lot has happened since they wrote it, 11:30PM last night.

AzNightmare 10-25-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 8346843)

I wish he didn't have to lose business for an entire night. He doesn't get enough of it as it is :(

:okay:

Let's send a big RS crew down there for dinner to cover for some of his night's loss.

BrRsn 10-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8346827)
LOL only in Surrey....

Spoiler!

blame the skytrain

:ilied:

parm104 10-25-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 8347008)
blame the skytrain

:ilied:

And Alex Fraser, Port Mann and Massey Tunnel. Can't stand these scumbags coming in from Surrey into Vancouver with their filth and crime. STAY IN SURREY!

ilovebacon 10-25-2013 07:28 PM

^ lol, not everyone who's live in Surrey are bad people. Why you got to be so ignorant.
Posted via RS Mobile

unit 10-25-2013 09:24 PM

i used to live on this corner
some of the people who live down the alley (back of the stores) are definitely drug dealers and possibly pimps. i used to hear the street arguments late at night with my window open.

the pho place is actually really good and the family is totally clean cut and super friendly.

iEatClams 10-25-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 8346843)

is that place legit?, i always wanted to try as I live close by. But looked sketchy . . .

plus I always hear some loud ass music at night from some place around there, not sure which place it is though.

Culverin 10-26-2013 02:35 AM

Jap place is totally legit. But I haven't been back in over a year now.
And 2nd what Unit said about the pho place. It's damn good, one of my favorite place to go.

Everymans 10-26-2013 11:17 AM

Damnit, this intersection was blocked again yesterday for a car accident. Watched as a seacan hauler drove into incoming traffic then drove over the median to avoid the accident. I was hoping he'd get stuck on the median for being such a jackass. Confused why the police at the accident didn't pull him over.

N8 10-26-2013 05:03 PM

anyone know what happened last night @ cambie and 12th around midnight? was blocked off with what looked like 5-6 car accident all across the street.