REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Some Robson St. parking meters now permanently no parking? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/689612-some-robson-st-parking-meters-now-permanently-no-parking.html)

jlo mein 10-27-2013 10:03 PM

Some Robson St. parking meters now permanently no parking?

On Robson St. around Cardero and Nicola I noticed a lot of the parking meters that are nearest to an intersection have posted "no parking anytime" signs.

Is this going to become permanent? Anyone hear any news stories about this?

bartone 10-27-2013 11:07 PM

They are making it permanent. They will eventually remove the meters as they already have further up robson st
Posted via RS Mobile

wstce92 10-28-2013 01:41 AM

why are they removing them?... SO stupid

Prolowtone 10-28-2013 02:42 AM

probably for more damn bike lanes :(

KO7 10-28-2013 05:11 AM

Instead of blinged out cars going down Robson, it will be like that stupid CDN Tire bicycle commercial:

7seven 10-28-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein (Post 8348270)
On Robson St. around Cardero and Nicola I noticed a lot of the parking meters that are nearest to an intersection have posted "no parking anytime" signs.

Is this going to become permanent? Anyone hear any news stories about this?

Here you go

Quote:

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – No more rush hour parking restrictions if you’re driving on some downtown Vancouver streets.

Normally you can’t park between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Robson, Davie and Denman but that’s all changing with a pilot project.

Lon Leclair with the City of Vancouver says the rules are no longer needed.

They’ll also be getting rid of some parking spaces all together near intersections.

“There’s about 23 fewer, and what will do, during rush hour, the traffic should move as well or similar to the way it does today. What those parking removals also do, is benefit the off-peak period.”

Leclair says changes will be made as necessary especially if they find the project is causing congestion problems for TransLink.
http://www.news1130.com/2013/08/24/p...ie-and-denman/

melloman 10-28-2013 07:09 AM

:suspicious:

Sometimes I wish the city would post a picture of how they brainstorm these "projects."

jlo mein 10-28-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 8348412)

Thanks for posting.

THIS IS INCREDIBLY STUPID. Sure, do this during rush hour time, I don't care. However, from 8pm to morning time there's very little traffic but yet no street parking left!!! Not being able to park in these spots at any time is horrible.

It actually doesn't make any sense at all when they claim the purpose of this change is to alter rush hour traffic flow. What does this have to do with night time???

Marco911 10-29-2013 06:40 PM

Uhm, how about making those 23 spots restricted during rush hour and just remove the restriction on other spots?

Seriously, we need to stop electing dumb people into government.

donjalapeno 10-29-2013 06:44 PM

meh, i never park my car on the side of the road anyway. Always to afraid of it getting towed or a biker bumping into me. I find a nice corner spot on the MANY MANY paid parking lots in dt.

melloman 10-30-2013 07:52 AM

^^ If near Robson, I typically park in the residential area with the 2hr free parking.

It's the point that people are stupid.. Remove 23 spots of street parking.. Clearly that stupid seating area infront of Cafe Crepe was not bad enough.. :pokerface:

falcon 10-30-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8348420)
:suspicious:

Sometimes I wish the city would post a picture of how they brainstorm these "projects."

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...26_634x363.jpg

Everymans 11-01-2013 09:56 AM

I can see it as a safety issue. It's hard to get through those intersections when there's vehicles parked to the corner blocking your view, causing you to drive further into the intersection to see beyond the vehicles. Accidents are caused all the time because of this. And there's a few parking garages on robson street, walk your lazy asses 3 blocks down the street to get your overpriced clothes, or whatever people buy on robson street.

JaPoola 11-01-2013 09:58 AM

They should remove street parking all along Robson, Davie, and Granville

k3lv 11-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8351420)
They should remove street parking all along Robson, Davie, and Granville

How else will I show off my 1998 Civic DX with a cherry bomb muffler and chromies?

BrRsn 11-03-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 8350032)

I'm offended that you associate people that smoke weed with the above mentioned decisions.