REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   2013 Honda Accord tpms (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690280-2013-honda-accord-tpms.html)

Gsxrghostrider 11-17-2013 08:16 AM

2013 Honda Accord tpms

Hello Everyone

With winter around the corner,I decided to pick up some rims,and tires at Costco.Since the Michelin snow tires are on sale.Anyhow I asked about the tpms for my rims.They said that they didn't have anything listed.So I called Happy Honda and asked them thinking Costco hadn't received that information yet.To my surprise Happy Honda also didn't have that information either.....wth. I'm thinking how could be,since when I bought my vehicle it came with it :ranting: Anyhow if anyone has any info please reply

Gsxrghostrider 11-17-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsxrghostrider (Post 8363562)
Hello Everyone

With winter around the corner,I decided to pick up some rims,and tires at Costco.Since the Michelin snow tires are on sale.Anyhow I asked about the tpms for my rims.They said that they didn't have anything listed.So I called Happy Honda and asked them thinking Costco hadn't received that information yet.To my surprise Happy Honda also didn't have that information either.....wth. I'm thinking how could be,since when I bought my vehicle it came with it :ranting: Anyhow if anyone has any info please reply

lol found out why no one has any info on this.

2013 - 2014 Honda Accord TPMS System | How To Recalibrate Patty Peck Honda

Standard on all 2013 Honda Accords and up is a new type of Tire Pressure Monitoring System, or TPMS for short. The system uses the vehicle’s ABS wheel sensors to calculate air pressure based on wheel rotation. This system is designed to keep you in touch with your tires inflation by giving you a visual warning on the instrument panel if it suspects air pressure has dropped a significant level.

v_tec 11-17-2013 09:49 AM

Winter set + TPMS = :fuckthatshit:

dn53 11-18-2013 10:48 PM

That's right, theres no more metal sensors in the wheels, making it easier for installers dealing with and improving longevity (corroding sensors causing tire leaks), seized valve cores, and impact damage.

When you buy your set of winter tires, make sure you calibrate it either on the display in Tire settings or if you have a lower trim model there should be a button under the dash of the driver side.

Gsxrghostrider 11-19-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dn53 (Post 8364811)
That's right, theres no more metal sensors in the wheels, making it easier for installers dealing with and improving longevity (corroding sensors causing tire leaks), seized valve cores, and impact damage.

When you buy your set of winter tires, make sure you calibrate it either on the display in Tire settings or if you have a lower trim model there should be a button under the dash of the driver side.

Thanks Dn53. I'll make sure to do that.:woot2: