REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Is Takumi Fujiwara actually Keiichi Tsuchiya? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/690679-takumi-fujiwara-actually-keiichi-tsuchiya.html)

mac25 11-27-2013 07:50 PM

Is Takumi Fujiwara actually Keiichi Tsuchiya?

Keiichi Tsuchiya, known as "The Drift King," owns his own self tuned ae86, they always reference Initial D in Hot Version International so it could be possible that the character in Initial D was based of a young Tsuchiya. As well Tsuchiya has a cameo in Initial D and is rumored to have consulted with the Manga series.

Some say that Bunta is a character that could also be Tsuchiya. this makes more sense with the age of the characters and Bunta is drawn with smaller eyes, similar to Tsuchiya. However Bunta is kinda a hard ass and no longer races, where Tsuchiya was still/is still racing while Initial D is being produced.

Your thoughts, did Tsuchiya really consult with the creators of Initial D?

Who do you think Keiichi Tsuchiya is most like?

A:Takumi Fujiwara
B: Bunta Fujiwara
C: Other (please name and suggest why)

Timpo 11-27-2013 08:00 PM

Yes, Tsuchiya was involved.

Stop at 1:04 , 2:27, 5:06, 6:19
it says "監修 土屋圭市" which translates to "Editorial Supervisor Keiichi Tsuchiya"

2 n r 11-27-2013 08:04 PM

girls call my penis initial D
could it be that this anime series was based on my penis?

punkwax 11-27-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 n r (Post 8370885)
girls call my penis initial D

Well, initials are short for something...

:lawl:

dbaz 11-27-2013 08:33 PM

is jay chou, due to being takumi fujiwara, actually Keiichi Tsuchiya??
:troll:
wait.... according to op's logic.....
http://pepijndevos.nl/images/mind-blown.gif

mac25 11-27-2013 08:44 PM

well Mr. mitz, I wouldn't quite view it that way. Jay Chou would have been a live action depiction of the drawn Fujiwara. in this way Jay is simply another way of viewing the Takumi character. it would be like drawing Takumi in water colour rather then in digital Flash. so Jay's performance is just being used to "draw" the Takumi character in a different medium.

...not that any of this really matters, lol. but no Jay Chou isn't Keiichi by my logic.

ae101 11-27-2013 08:57 PM

also i can say, ops thread did not deliver period
Posted via RS Mobile

duy- 11-27-2013 08:59 PM

@op
no he probably isnt, takumi is more than likely completely fictional, i dont know about you but tsuchiya looks pretty old, he was probably in his late 20's when the 86 came out. hes there mostly as a consultant to make the show realistic, i remember watching a few hot versions where he actually dips his wheels into the gutter, although seemed like it did shit all.

spideyv2 11-27-2013 09:51 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/...and/vpkpqv.gif

EmperorIS 11-27-2013 09:53 PM

http://www.troll.me/images/jumanji/what-year-is-it.jpg

Timpo 11-27-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duy- (Post 8370931)
@op
no he probably isnt, takumi is more than likely completely fictional, i dont know about you but tsuchiya looks pretty old, he was probably in his late 20's when the 86 came out. hes there mostly as a consultant to make the show realistic, i remember watching a few hot versions where he actually dips his wheels into the gutter, although seemed like it did shit all.

Keiichi Tsuchiya
Birth date: January 31, 1956

SpeedStars 11-27-2013 11:39 PM

I'm itsuki srs. Imagine itsuki IRL, das me. Also, that tsuchiya cameo sooo...no, takumi isn't tsuchiya....BUT, if you were to askShigeno, the writer, he would tell you that takumi is based off tsuchiya
edit:guise idk

Yodamaster 11-27-2013 11:51 PM

Tsuchiya was the one who was able to sell Bunta the TRD Formula Atlantic engine, the cameo you provided proves that he's a seperate character completely. As Timpo pointed out, he was consulted in the creation of the show.

In terms of symbolism.... I still don't think he's supposed to be Tsuchiya.

Timpo 11-28-2013 12:09 AM

Wasn't there a scene in Initial D where Itsuki was watching a video of Tsuchiya drifting with NSX and S14?

So how could Takumi possibly be Tsuchiya?

mac25 11-28-2013 09:03 AM

I was mainly referring to a spiritual relationship, not a direct one person equaling the other, otherwise I'm sure they'd share the same name.

perhaps it's a trinity of Tsuchiya in spirit and time.

-Takumi is young Tsuchiya
-Initial D Tsuchiya is the Tsuchiya in the present
-Bunta is an older Tsuchiya who no longer really races but teaches his son

...ya that sounds good no one will even notice I'm kinda grabbing at straws here... lol

Timpo 11-28-2013 10:01 AM

Tsuchiya's family business was not a tofu store, it was metal pattern factory.
He was also a soccer player in high school age, which is not the case for Takumi.
Tsuchiya's car was Skyline, not AE86.

Here's a video of Tsuchiya talking to Bunta.

mac25 11-28-2013 11:08 AM

He did use an 86 as well as many other vehicles and last i heard still owns one, as well as other cars.

-1984 Fuji Freshman series race (Toyota AE86)= 6 wins
-1985 All Japan Touring Car championship (Toyota AE86) 1st in Class 3

sources are highly non-academic though =p wiki and some other sites.

CorneringArtist 11-28-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8371158)
Tsuchiya's family business was not a tofu store, it was metal pattern factory.
He was also a soccer player in high school age, which is not the case for Takumi.
Tsuchiya's car was Skyline, not AE86.

Here's a video of Tsuchiya talking to Bunta.
????????????D ???????????? - YouTube

Well, you could argue that Takumi used to play soccer in high school. Remember that scene where he punched the guy with the Celica in the face? IIRC, that was the soccer club.
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 11-28-2013 04:45 PM

uh....

...wat?