REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   What's your biggest pet peeve while driving? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691001-whats-your-biggest-pet-peeve-while-driving.html)

JSALES 12-08-2013 06:22 PM

For me it's drivers who don't know the dimensions of their vehicle. For example, if I'm trying to get in the left turn lane but the vehicle ahead of me is too scared to move forward to get in that lane

http://i.imgur.com/eB0D6rA.jpg

thumper 12-08-2013 06:37 PM

people who only have their DRLs on at night with no tailights... i know it has been said already but it needs to be said again.

pastarocket 12-08-2013 06:42 PM

-driving behind another driving who is talking on his cellphone, with no headset, while it is a green light at the intersection. The car in front of me is stopped at the intersection for at least ten seconds. -big horn honks coming his way.

Big pet peeve. -so happy to see the cops give a ticket to that dumbass a few blocks down the street when a cop catches the guy still yaking on his cellphone. :)

eurochevy 12-08-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 8378183)
For me it's drivers who don't know the dimensions of their vehicle. For example, if I'm trying to get in the left turn lane but the vehicle ahead of me is too scared to move forward to get in that lane

http://i.imgur.com/eB0D6rA.jpg

this is the most annoying thing in the world

Stiig 12-08-2013 07:11 PM

1 People constantly changing lanes to try to get ahead when both right and left lanes are congested.

2 People who make their car's exhaust loud when it sounds like complete shit

3 people who honk at me while tailgating because im doing 30 in a school zone/playground

4 People who lower their car that it becomes an inconvenience to other people once there is a speedbump
Posted via RS Mobile

Ride 12-08-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8378033)
People that....

- wait til they are down the street to finally put their seatbelt on
Posted via RS Mobile

Why does it matter to u if people wear there seatbelt or not, unless if ur a cop then slap em with a ticket

is350 12-08-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiig (Post 8378226)
1 People constantly changing lanes to try to get ahead when both right and left lanes are congested.

2 People who make their car's exhaust loud when it sounds like complete shit

3 people who honk at me while tailgating because im doing 30 in a school zone/playground

4 People who lower their car that it becomes an inconvenience to other people once there is a speedbump
Posted via RS Mobile

number 1 and 3 quoted for truth.

Ride 12-08-2013 07:45 PM

-People driving on the highway with no vehicles in front of them all of a sudden decide its time to make a lane change for no apparent reason usually from the slow lane to the fast lane

-drivers getting on the highway with two people trying to get in the hov lane signalling and slowing the flow of traffic and when they get in the hov only to go slower than the regular flow of traffic

-drivers who dont react when the light turns green by either the hand held device or just not paying attention

Bravo 12-08-2013 08:17 PM

- Drivers who don't do shoulder check.

- Drivers who don't make a complete stop when making a right turn on red.

Zedbra 12-08-2013 08:23 PM

Minivans. They do almost everything listed here - and I swear they are speed limited to 90kph in the fast lane

Gucci Mane 12-08-2013 08:27 PM

http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-a...ely-asians.jpg

:troll:

in all serious though the people who drive around with both apple ear buds in their ears to fully enjoy their conversation drive me insane.. how are you supposed to hear anything around you for frick sakes?

ASSHATS!

MeowMeow 12-08-2013 08:57 PM

Cabs cutting me off and then braking right away

nah 12-08-2013 09:19 PM

Corolla drivers...

radioman 12-08-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 8378292)
Cabs cutting me off and then braking right away

speaking of cabs.....

during my morning commute to work DT via hastings Friday the cops were planted as they normally are during the holiday season just before clark heading west bound on hastings looking for people on cell phones and people in the bus lane.

I saw one guy get pulled in and cops let 2 taxi drivers go by.
Are they allowed to use the bus lane :suspicious:

quasi 12-08-2013 09:43 PM

When getting on to a bridge like the Alex Fraser coming down Nordel all back up to a crawl and douchebags drive up the through lane cutting in right at the end to avoid all the traffic. Like their fucking time is so much more valuable then everybody else who is stuck in that bullshit traffic jam, I think what pisses me off even more is you know it's the same cunts doing it every single day.

smarv 12-08-2013 10:01 PM

People who sit so close to the steering wheel their practically hugging it.

Ride 12-08-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarv (Post 8378358)
People who sit so close to the steering wheel their practically hugging it.

Those are some of the scariest drivers out there

DragonChi 12-08-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiig (Post 8378226)

Posted via RS Mobile

The trick to piss these tailgaters off even more is to slow down. They'll get the gist. haha.

vafanculo 12-08-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioman (Post 8378311)
speaking of cabs.....

during my morning commute to work DT via hastings Friday the cops were planted as they normally are during the holiday season just before clark heading west bound on hastings looking for people on cell phones and people in the bus lane.

I saw one guy get pulled in and cops let 2 taxi drivers go by.
Are they allowed to use the bus lane :suspicious:

I was in a cab once when on their ticker came in of a report of a suspect the police were looking for. I asked the driver, and he told me that because of all the cabs on the roads, they can be extra eyes for the police. In return, cabs do get special treatment.

I mean, just last night I was in a cab at 1 am who was going 90km on Granville street to Richmond. Chances are anyone else woulda got pulled over.
Posted via RS Mobile

v.Rossi 12-09-2013 12:44 AM

1. People who can't judge where the lane is when it's raining. These drivers either drive too fast or they're driving on the painted lines creeping into your lane at times.

2. People who turn into any lane but the one closest to them. You guys piss me off.

3. People who take right turns but hog half the centre lane and right lane. Excluding of course large trucks, 18 wheelers, etc.

4. People who suck at driving while talking on the phone. I know you know it's illegal, nothing I can do there. But if you can't multitask, just fucking don't. Learn to walk before you run. Learn to drive before you learn to talk and drive.

5. Yellow light means slow down. Not first and second drivers who wish to make a left turn proceed. First driver, sure. If the second driver completes the turn before the thorough intersection has a green light I have no problem whatsoever. Otherwise you just tried to beat a red light and you made others wait.

6. People who turn their hazard lights on and magically their car is now in a parking spot!

7. BIGGEST PET PEEVE: Common tight side street scenario: A car approaches from the opposite side, you pull over to let them through and they simply drive off. Zero acknowledgment made. I'm not expecting a red carpet and have you come out and thank me. But maybe eye contact, a simple hand raise something. I stopped to avoid your 'possible' stupidity, not because you're better than me. If its night time, limited vision, different story otherwise come on.
Posted via RS Mobile

ImFlying 12-09-2013 01:09 AM

As an avid Biker who uses his bike to get around during the summer. People who stop in front of or completely roll stop signs.

LC21 12-09-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 8378441)
I was in a cab once when on their ticker came in of a report of a suspect the police were looking for. I asked the driver, and he told me that because of all the cabs on the roads, they can be extra eyes for the police. In return, cabs do get special treatment.

I mean, just last night I was in a cab at 1 am who was going 90km on Granville street to Richmond. Chances are anyone else woulda got pulled over.
Posted via RS Mobile

Its funny, i was talking to a police officer about that awhile ago, and they call it "taxi drivers working hard".
Posted via RS Mobile

GDChoi 12-09-2013 09:30 AM

When you come to a red light intersection and your in an empty right lane,
you are going to make a right turn at the intersection....

then some idiot decides to speed up and cut you off blocking you from turning right because he or she is waiting for the green to go straight

sonick 12-09-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8378024)
the worst is definitely turning on your left turn signals last second or when the light turns green

YES, especially when you are on the opposite side of these drivers at an intersection waiting to turn left thinking they are going straight, yet at the last second they turn on the signal to turn left and you were sitting there waiting for them with your thumb up your ass.

Also drivers who merge into the right turn lane at the too far in (where the line becomes solid) rather than where it's still dotted, e.g. below at Garden City and Alderbridge, where this happens OFTEN.

http://i2.minus.com/jYThd2ENudbsL.jpg

meme405 12-09-2013 11:19 AM

Dont know if it has been said, but people who cut you off only to stop and try and make a left turn.

Had a guy gun it off the line only to cut me off and then turn on his signal and force me to wait behind him for an entire light while he failed horribly at making a left turn.