REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Obligatory snow related post (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691360-obligatory-snow-related-post.html)

jlenko 12-20-2013 12:42 PM

Obligatory snow related post

Holy crap, it's snowing.

Who was crazy enough to drive in it today?

Iceman-19 12-20-2013 12:44 PM

I was hung over as fuck, and drove home in it. It isnt that much snow. Surprised there wasn't a national emergency.

BrRsn 12-20-2013 12:47 PM

my car was like a fucking crack addict snorting down the cool dense air with white particulate, and belching it out as thunderous revs awakening the neighborhood, all while sliding around like a sloppy drunk person, ramming into curbs and hopping all over the place like a posessed demon child

today was one of the few days I actually wished I had a remote starter :okay:

jlenko 12-20-2013 12:50 PM

10 cm in Langley... surprised Vancouver isn't calling out the National Guard.

Qmx323 12-20-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

ICBC claim center lines from Richmond diverted to all BC Centers - Quoted to have "colossal" wait times for claims as snow rises

Richmond, BC.

Jim E. Russells - December 20th, 2013

With snow levels rising everywhere in the Lower Mainland, the chances of being involved in an automobile accident undoubtedly will rise.

In Richmond, BC, the city just to the south of Vancouver, calls to make claims for accidents are pouring into the local ICBC claim centers, and with a large population of immigrants; ICBC is having trouble getting to all the people.

"Its not like I can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Farsi and Hindi all fluently" One call center employee stated over a phone interview.

Richmond, historically being an agricultural center for the Lower Mainland since its founding in the late 1800's, as long shed its "farming" ways. Immigrants pouring in from all over the world - Mostly Asian countries; With one of the largest immigrant populations by percentage in North America.

"They simply can't drive. No snow or with snow. It also doesn't help that they are all driving 3 ton SUVs that they can't even park properly." - An Anonymous Citizen who insists he wasn't being racist, yet continuously referred to immigrants as [expletive]-ing fobs.

News 1130
TROLOLOLOL

BrRsn 12-20-2013 01:05 PM

I hate the atittude some of my friends have towards snow

half of them flat out refuse to do anything in the snow besides sit at home and wallow
the other half refuse to drive anywhere, period

comes with being a vancouverite I guess --- or maybe they just don't like me? But that's not possible, I'm so loveable.

Iceman-19 12-20-2013 01:06 PM

I know this will anger everyone in the "when are you mounting your snow tires" thread, but I drove in the snow on 35" mud tires. And lived. Suck it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...78732767_n.jpg

nabs 12-20-2013 01:06 PM

Obligatory reference to a thread already made regarding the topic...

http://www.revscene.net/forums/630604-snow.html

:) It's like the RS snow diary.

godwin 12-20-2013 01:07 PM

I am sure the Washington National Guard would love to come, help and stay.. but then all the hipsters and small business owners would complain about the invasion ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 8386016)
10 cm in Langley... surprised Vancouver isn't calling out the National Guard.

jackal 12-20-2013 08:46 PM

i christened my new truck by ripping up to sfu at like 5am and doing donuts in the lots.

racerman88 12-20-2013 08:49 PM

Got to love having snow tires

dared3vil0 12-20-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman-19 (Post 8386027)
I know this will anger everyone in the "when are you mounting your snow tires" thread, but I drove in the snow on 35" mud tires. And lived. Suck it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...78732767_n.jpg

I just have 32" AT's on the F150, i wonder which tires are worse in the snow... Your mudders or my AT's. :fullofwin:

jlenko 12-20-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8386028)
Obligatory reference to a thread already made regarding the topic...

http://www.revscene.net/forums/630604-snow.html

:) It's like the RS snow diary.

Off topic forum? C'mon.. clearly THIS post is relative to driving in the snow... thus in Auto Chat (on topic).

I avoid off topic like the plague. Too many leg humpers in there.

Kaolinite 12-20-2013 11:07 PM

Drove from Burnaby to Bellisfair Mall today haha not bad at all..except 3 cars in a ditch and 1 flipped car on the I-5

MG1 12-20-2013 11:16 PM

What's worse are azzholes from Edmonton or Calgary going on about how people in BC can't drive. This one fokker at work, from Edmonton, was going a little overboard with his comments about dumb BC drivers. Everyone ignored him because he was such a loser. Then last year, he loses control of his redneck truck and sends it into a ravine. He then started to say shit about how the snow is different here in BC............... why do so many azzholes come from the other side of the Rockies? /rant

godwin 12-21-2013 12:03 AM

Maybe he get confused by the lack of blowing snow especially in the Lower Mainland.

Visibility and attention play a huge role in weather like this... look ahead and predict wants down the road and brake early and gently, even if you have snow tires, AWD and Batman's corner turning rope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8386362)
What's worse are azzholes from Edmonton or Calgary going on about how people in BC can't drive. This one fokker at work, from Edmonton, was going a little overboard with his comments about dumb BC drivers. Everyone ignored him because he was such a loser. Then last year, he loses control of his redneck truck and sends it into a ravine. He then started to say shit about how the snow is different here in BC............... why do so many azzholes come from the other side of the Rockies? /rant

Marshall Placid 12-21-2013 12:28 AM

Today was the first real test on a "good amount" of snow on roads.

Had some fun driving today with all-seasons with a little bit of slipping but was adjusted quickly from the AWD system using the crown-gear center differential to apply torque to the rear/front axles to maintain grip.

Didn't see any accidents and everybody was driving cautiously.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/...ps45a681d8.jpg

MG1 12-21-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8386389)
and Batman's corner turning rope.

I so want one of those........... don't know when I'd ever use it, but it'll impress all the ladies.

hud 91gt 12-21-2013 09:06 AM

Little disappointed I missed most of the the snow. Probably one of less then 20 vehicles in Vancouver with Stud's. I live for that shit. haha.

AW607 12-21-2013 11:12 AM

Had to drive the RWD Tundra work truck yesterday, sliding around was great :joy:

Didn't see anything too bad while I was out there.. although there was one lady who had her car nose-first in a 6' ditch. Asked her if she needed help getting out, she said "It's okay, it's nice and warm in here" :lawl:

Iceman-19 12-21-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8386295)
I just have 32" AT's on the F150, i wonder which tires are worse in the snow... Your mudders or my AT's. :fullofwin:

Actually the Nittos arent bad in the snow. The snow packs into the wide treads, which is the same principle that snow tires work on. If it gets slick, I toss it into 4x4. As for people that say that doesn't help you stop or turn, learn to drive. Maintain same following distances and watch your speed, and pay attention to the fucking roads.

dared3vil0 12-21-2013 02:25 PM

The OEM 275/55/20 Pirelli Scorpions the F150 has may as well be slicks in 2wd, but (obviously) in 4x4 they do just fine. Some 33" DuraTracs and a level are in order this summer. :fullofwin: