REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Euro Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/euro-tech-resources_318/)
-   -   Brake pad install (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691373-brake-pad-install.html)

pb.kidz 12-21-2013 02:58 AM

Brake pad install

I need to get my new front and rear brake pads installed. I have all the parts needed, just need someone that has the tools to install the pads for me for cheap. For a 07 335i any suggestions?

BoostedBB6 12-21-2013 08:43 AM

So let me get this straight, you drive a car that still goes for between 20-30k and have tried to save money on buying your own pads, and now you want someone to "install the pads cheap"......My suggestion would be to purchase a car you can afford to service.

Replacing just pads is a bad idea on any car, you should have the rotors turned to insure a smooth uniform surface for the new pads to contact.
Secondly, asking some random off a forum to do a brake job on your car is rather stupid....these are your brakes....without them you will probably die in a car crash. Do you really want to trust some random to do brakes on your 25k car?

My suggestion, take the car to a shop, pay the shop to do the brakes on your car.

boatcaptain 12-21-2013 09:17 AM

you can try going to bcit and get your brake pads install there
Posted via RS Mobile

jing 12-21-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 (Post 8386480)
So let me get this straight, you drive a car that still goes for between 20-30k and have tried to save money on buying your own pads, and now you want someone to "install the pads cheap"......My suggestion would be to purchase a car you can afford to service.

Replacing just pads is a bad idea on any car, you should have the rotors turned to insure a smooth uniform surface for the new pads to contact.
Secondly, asking some random off a forum to do a brake job on your car is rather stupid....these are your brakes....without them you will probably die in a car crash. Do you really want to trust some random to do brakes on your 25k car?

My suggestion, take the car to a shop, pay the shop to do the brakes on your car.

Hood rich n....
Posted via RS Mobile

extracrunchie 12-22-2013 04:06 AM

Might as well buy new rotors, would probably cost as much for new rotors than resurfacing. Of course depending on the brand/grade of rotor you are going for.

BoostedBB6 12-22-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extracrunchie (Post 8386958)
Might as well buy new rotors, would probably cost as much for new rotors than resurfacing. Of course depending on the brand/grade of rotor you are going for.

If OE rotors, not its far cheaper to have them turned, however they way BMW's chew through rotors I'm sure they will be past min thickness....just sad how people who buy a 50k car skimp on servicing of MAJOR parts of the car like brakes.......

supremematt85 12-22-2013 11:57 AM

Learn to DIY your self. It's easy.
Posted via RS Mobile

pb.kidz 12-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 (Post 8386480)

Guess what? I'm a cheap mother fucker.
Its really not hard to do.. I just don't have the tools.
kthx for the advice.

BoostedBB6 12-22-2013 05:23 PM

Go buy the tools, Princess Auto will get you everything you need for cheap, save in the long run.

LC21 12-22-2013 05:35 PM

Look on groupon for "cheap deals".

/endthread
Posted via RS Mobile