REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   British Columbia - My 2013 GT-R GoPro Highlights (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691595-british-columbia-my-2013-gt-r-gopro-highlights.html)

ExoticSupercars 12-31-2013 12:00 PM

British Columbia - My 2013 GT-R GoPro Highlights

Hi all, here is my 2013 GoPro year in review edit with my 2012 Nissan GT-R. Most clips were recorded here in BC, only a couple go karting clips from Australia were not. Hope you enjoy the video and happy New Year to everyone on RS!

Qmx323 12-31-2013 12:09 PM

... nice vid but

why not leave engine sounds in?!?! :yuno:

ExoticSupercars 12-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qmx323 (Post 8391239)
... nice vid but

Tragically with the GoPro there's too much wind noise to make it sound any good... Considered leaving the sound on for the interior shots, but after testing a few clips out, I decided against it. I have some of the drag racing videos uploaded with sound, for example:

I'll work on it for next year ;-)

multicartual 12-31-2013 12:41 PM

I'd say work your style a bit more, right now I don't think you have a clear brand of what you're trying to show people. I've seen a million videos like this before and it's really not that interesting.

Ken Block's videos ooze style and production values. Sure you don't have a huge budget, but I'd suggest getting a DSLR, a slider, and a couple of really good mics to pickup interior and exhaust notes. Focus on bringing out the subtle details of your car(s) rather than posting GoPro videos that are poor at capturing the soul of a drive.

jasonturbo 12-31-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qmx323 (Post 8391239)
... nice vid but

Nothing I hate more than people who make car vides, especially the "xxx exhaust sound" video and than turn the video volume down and layer a bunch of techno garbage on top.

But yeah, any car video without engine sounds is kinda :s

cdizzle_996 12-31-2013 12:59 PM

Meh...

bossha 12-31-2013 03:35 PM

Where was the race against the Aventador filmed?
Posted via RS Mobile

ExoticSupercars 12-31-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossha (Post 8391333)
Where was the race against the Aventador filmed?
Posted via RS Mobile

Airport in Princeton.

Timpo 12-31-2013 06:26 PM

GT-R:fuckyea:

meme405 12-31-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 8391409)
GT-R:fuckyea:

I waited for this, was not disappointed. :accepted:

meme405 12-31-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8391254)
I'd say work your style a bit more, right now I don't think you have a clear brand of what you're trying to show people. I've seen a million videos like this before and it's really not that interesting.

Ken Block's videos ooze style and production values. Sure you don't have a huge budget, but I'd suggest getting a DSLR, a slider, and a couple of really good mics to pickup interior and exhaust notes. Focus on bringing out the subtle details of your car(s) rather than posting GoPro videos that are poor at capturing the soul of a drive.

I eagerly await your video...

BBMme 12-31-2013 07:00 PM

nice vid. looks like a fun drive

Boostslut 12-31-2013 11:43 PM

Multi, at least he put some effort into making a video for us to enjoy his beautiful GT-R. Alot of people, like me wouldn't ever put in the effort at all!

Looks like a great ride, and glad that you are enjoying it as you should! Sure beats driving to high school in it! Thanks for posting, keep up the good work!

dared3vil0 12-31-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Better video's than you make...

TouringTeg 01-02-2014 05:12 PM

Awesome man! I see you were doing some AutoX at Western Speedway. :D Been a few years but I would like to do some racing there again one day.

Eros250 01-02-2014 05:25 PM

Thanks for sharing, nice to see a few familiar areas

insomniac 01-02-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8391418)
I eagerly await your video...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8391489)
Better video's than you make...

at least he's offering some food for thought. without criticism i dont think op will improve that fast without it even if he is aware of the problem. not bad with just a go pro however. as to multicartual, OP's video is different than the stanceworks/non rolling style of video. the title of the thread is "2013 go pro highlights" afterall.