REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   GT2 race at Leguna Seca (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691624-gt2-race-leguna-seca.html)

HonestTea 01-01-2014 05:55 PM

GT2 race at Leguna Seca

I know it's a repost but damn, it's one of the more exciting finishes in GT2 that I can remember :ahwow:

Mr.Stubbz 01-01-2014 05:57 PM

*i dont watch races at all cus i dunno so i may sound stupid uninformed here*
man that corvette sure is being a dick for high beaming the porsche :troll:

StylinRed 01-01-2014 06:48 PM

A Scandinavian and a German going toe to toe on the track man that brings back memories

for those going huh?

lemon4 01-01-2014 09:18 PM

Watching that ending is so fulfilling. Contact at last corner to force your way ahead shouldn't get you in front:notbad:

Rdk1 01-02-2014 01:29 AM

wow. that's some amazing w2w racing.

a bit sad on the ending.

Mancini 01-04-2014 09:10 AM

Amazing! Was the driver ok?

LightKeeper 01-04-2014 04:15 PM

It's a good race! The driver in the corvette is too eager in my opinion..He cuts using the pit road and bumping all over the road to pass. No doubt though, the Porsche driver had good defensive skills.

Ludepower 01-04-2014 06:33 PM

Corvette too eager? Race is ending and he trying everything to pass the pylon porche whos doing a good job at protecting the racing line.

Anyways...Corvette deserved to be spun for bumping the porche.

falcon 01-04-2014 06:55 PM

The Porsche is not a pylon. The Corvette is faster in a straight line and the Porsche kills it through the corners. If you've done any sort of racing, the point is to gaurd the line which he does very well. And that doesn't make him a pylon.

Mags is not one of my favorite drivers. He's quite cocky and I don't like his driving style. He's like Vettel. Get him out front without any obstacles and he will walk away from everyone. Put him into the mix and he becomes average (and by average I mean exceptionally average because all those drivers are very skilled.)

valent|n0 01-04-2014 08:06 PM

need more video of race battle like this...

multicartual 01-04-2014 08:16 PM

http://www.mitchelaneous.com/wp-cont.../bigbanana.png

k3lv 01-04-2014 08:22 PM

Is there a video for what happens after?

StylinRed 01-04-2014 08:43 PM

for those wondering what happened after the video ends

Quote:

After the race, neither Magnussen nor Bergmeister seemed particularly upset with the other about the incident, in which the Corvette driver was spun into the wall as he battled with Flying Lizard Porsche driver for the GT2 class victory on the run to the line. Magnussen was taken to the circuit's medical center for checks, where it was confirmed that he had not been hurt, and the Dane and co-driver Johnny O'Connell were still classified second.

"It was really good, hard racing," said Magnussen.

"I'm definitely sorry Jan went into the wall," Bergmeister said. "I didn't want that to happen. But it was a banging game. I'm glad he's OK. It was tough racing."
and they were both put on probation for 2 races

Quote:

IMSA, the sanctioning body for the American Le Mans Series, announced Monday that it has placed drivers Jorg Bergmeister and Jan Magnussen on a two-race probation period for the start of the 2010 season with a minimum two race suspension in abeyance, for their parts in the "avoidable contact" that resulted in GT2 driver Magnussen crashing heavily on the last lap.

Should either driver commit further offenses in the first two rounds of 2010, he will receive at minimum a two-race ban from competition by IMSA.
Bergmeister and Magnussen placed on probation for last-lap ALMS wreck - Racer.com

this happened back in 2009! i had thought it was recent