REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   cheap deals or tickets for Disneyland LA (https://www.revscene.net/forums/691945-cheap-deals-tickets-disneyland-la.html)

haymura 01-13-2014 05:05 PM

cheap deals or tickets for Disneyland LA

im heading to disneyland in 2 weeks and i was wondering if anyone has any tips on how i can get cheaper deals in disneyland?

as the saying goes, every penny saved is a penny earned.

tiger_handheld 01-13-2014 07:38 PM

boss went on a trip to LA over the last 10 days. He did Bellingham to Vegas. Rented a suv using for $3xx (for 10 days) and drove to Disneyland. Apparently paid about $120 a night to stay Disney.

Doing it this way was apparently cheaper than flying direct to LA.

dlo 01-13-2014 09:14 PM

Lolwut, costed me 350$ roughly to fly to LA from vancouver this summer... Aircanada flight, was horrible but meh it did the job
Posted via RS Mobile

haymura 01-13-2014 09:20 PM

i actually meant getting cheap park tickets in disneyland. the flight i got for cheap (about $90 per person). The entrance to disneyland is pretty expensive so im wondering if anyone has some tricks on how to get cheap park tickets.

Teriyaki 01-13-2014 10:17 PM

I believe you can redeem airmiles for park entrance if you have a stash or maybe a family member.

Retrac 01-14-2014 05:02 AM

Think locals get it cheaper, I bought mine off ebay years back. The seller was nice enough to drop it off at my hotel as well.

Slifer 01-14-2014 10:10 AM

Your flight ticket cost $90 round trip? Wow. How did you get such a good deal?

whacko 01-14-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slifer (Post 8399348)
Your flight ticket cost $90 round trip? Wow. How did you get such a good deal?

flying from bellingham via allegiant air usually gives you that price. I remember i flew down there paying only $45 per flight.

ed99 02-01-2014 12:07 PM

City pass is the way to go.

Verdasco 06-27-2016 11:21 AM

trying to book flights

allegiant has like $75+75 for two flights I want in september for LAX.

How is car rental from LAX ?? Planning to do a week, 3 days in disneyland and 4 in LA. Is this reasonable?

edit: i am so confused about fastpass/citypass definition on their official website... is it even worth it?

tiger_handheld 06-28-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8767297)
trying to book flights

allegiant has like $75+75 for two flights I want in september for LAX.

How is car rental from LAX ?? Planning to do a week, 3 days in disneyland and 4 in LA. Is this reasonable?

edit: i am so confused about fastpass/citypass definition on their official website... is it even worth it?

fast pass - disney internal cash grab for no lines

city pass - third party pass that lets you into disney (regular) and universal and some other places.

completely different tickets... like apples and orange.

edit: what dates are you going for $75 + $75? .... Sounds cheap!

swiftshift 06-28-2016 09:03 AM

+1 on this thread, planning to go end of summer as well..

lilaznviper 07-05-2016 04:32 PM

summer is the busy season so get ready to wait in lines

i bought city pass from costco which saved us some money. got 3 days for disneyland/cali park, 1 day seaworld and 1 day universal. depends on how many days and how many people it might be cheaper for one person to get the annual pass as that gives you discount at the park as well. might save some money as well when buying items and eating at the parks

also go straight to fast pass for the popular rides once the parks open. line up before the park opens.

I also got the photopass as well. ordered before going and saved some money. Let them take all the pictures for you. some of the pictures they will edit in disney characters plus you will get all the ride pictures

Might want to do character dining as well as that was pretty good if its the first time going to disneyland

make sure you fast pass the fanstamic and world of color shows.