REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Suggestions for used vending machines? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692241-suggestions-used-vending-machines.html)

LuHua 01-23-2014 08:59 PM

Suggestions for used vending machines?

Hey guys, wondering if any of you have dealt with vending machines? I'm looking to pick up a used pop machine for under $2000 to be put in a student lounge. Checked out the main distributors (Brokerhouse and Langley Wholesale) and they don't have anything I'd call good for the price.

So, suggestions? Thanks in advance!

tacobell 01-23-2014 09:24 PM

are you looking at stocking the product yourself? if not, many vendors out there are more than willing to supply you with the machine so long you as you supply the space, they keep the profits of course.

Bender Unit 01-23-2014 09:37 PM

Vendor like Pepsico, RC.. will provide their vending machines & stocks
Their delivery guy will comes weekly or monthly to stock up.

It is trouble free, zero repair cost, no visit to Costco/RCSS
You will get maybe 1/3 of sales commission

LuHua 01-23-2014 10:03 PM

We're looking to just buy a machine, we do the restocking and most of the maintenance ourselves (good project for a bunch of engineering students). It's actually one of our main sources of funds, and we'd like to keep it that way haha

Zoidberg 01-23-2014 10:47 PM

^Engineering students? In that case, you will probably need some Playboy magazines in those vending machines :troll:

godwin 01-23-2014 11:10 PM

If you are stocking and servicing yourself.. get a truck and get one from the states.

Ichi 01-24-2014 12:29 AM

Are you looking for single price or multi price machine?

Manic! 01-24-2014 12:47 AM

craigslist

** Drink and snack Vending machine **

Intelle Vend 2000 - Coca-cola Vending Machine

MTV Cribs 01-24-2014 03:52 AM

Do you have permission to put one in the student lounge? Most places will makes you lease the space the machine sits on and/or commission too. My buddy had a route with 4 locations and after paying lease or commissions, he barely broke even every month. After 6 months he sold the machines and locations at a loss. Plus he also spent quite a bit upgrading the machine to accept the new lighter coins and also fixing vandalism to the machine.
Posted via RS Mobile

604STIG 01-24-2014 10:18 AM

Take a look at able auctions they seem to always have vending machines. I'd suggest calling since they have them for sale most times, if not in an auction.

asahai69 01-24-2014 10:30 AM

restaurant equipment auctions such as Love's out here in richmond. Havent been there in a while but im almost certain they have a few vending machines.

LuHua 01-24-2014 10:30 AM

I'll check out able auctions and the states, thanks!

We're looking for multi-price machines, and hopefully ones that can accept more than cans. The lounge is run by the group I'm in, so it's in our own space and we take all profits from it. I imagine it'll be rough on any other guys who want to set machines up on campus, since most of the machines seem to be run by Pepsico, or Coke, etc.

And yeah, I wouldn't dream of running a route, most of the good spots are probably taken at this point. Placement really is everything.

fliptuner 01-24-2014 10:57 AM

Vending Machines For Sale - 2 Way Combo and Pop Machine
C-Series 12 Combo
Pop & Snack Vending Machines

heleu 01-24-2014 01:54 PM

Is this for Club Mech at UBC? I remember they would sell Pepsi products, powerbars, cup noodles, beer in their vending machines.

Manic! 01-24-2014 02:04 PM

You should also check with your school. they probably have a vending contract with a company that would not allow you to set up your own machine.