REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   What to do after being involved in a major accident? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692409-what-do-after-being-involved-major-accident.html)

Jegz 01-30-2014 12:17 AM

What to do after being involved in a major accident?

Here is the story. Earlier around 6:30pm, my friend was driving my car in Delta heading southbound on 62b st/River Road towards the highway. We were behind an SUV when an oncoming car suddenly swervs towards our lane, side swipes the SUV and immediately after directly hits my car, mainly the driver's side. Airbags were deployed and car is obviously a write off.

I had to see a doctor earlier but I told him I was fine since I didnt feel much right after the accident. Main injuries were that my friend had to receive several stitches in his head. Other than that, our bodies are just really sore now.

Talking to a lawyer is our first step or ICBC. Any recommended lawyers or firms? I'm not really experienced in this kind of situation so if anyone has been through a similar experience, any help or info will do! Thanks in advance.

dared3vil0 01-30-2014 12:21 AM

Holy fuck that's a hard hit...

This is why small frontal offset crash testing is such a big thing now...

mb_ 01-30-2014 12:28 AM

McComb Whitten? No personal experience but they're an RS sponsor.

Hope you and your friend a speedy recovery and receive a fair settlement.
Posted via RS Mobile

Cillu 01-30-2014 12:32 AM

Holy shit dude. I hope you and your friend get well soon.

death_blossom 01-30-2014 12:49 AM

christ, I'm glad you and your friend are ok. get a lawyer, any lawyer with ICBC injury experience should do. I also suggest going through physiotherapy if your doctor suggests it. doesn't matter if you don't feel that bad or hurt right now, these injuries will definitely come back to bother you in the future. it will also add to your injury claim case if you do pursue it.

I also suggest getting a gym pass if you don't have one already. working out is a great way to strengthen yourself and ensure a more permanent recovery.

Limitless 01-30-2014 12:57 AM

Holy shit.. Sorry I can't be of any help, but I'm glad everyone is okay. That looks like a serious hit.. Hope you guys feel better soon

jackal 01-30-2014 03:19 AM

contact chris. let him know Marc sent you
Chris Trueman | Paine Edmonds LLP

and DO NOT TALK TO ICBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let chris do everything for you. he will walk you through every step.

thumper 01-30-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death_blossom (Post 8408322)
I also suggest getting a gym pass if you don't have one already. working out is a great way to strengthen yourself and ensure a more permanent recovery.

consult a doctor and physiotherapist first. you don't want to incur permanent damage if you have unknown injuries at this point that goes past just soft tissue damage and stitches.

melloman 01-30-2014 09:38 AM

DON'T TALK TO ICBC UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE TALKED TO A LAWYER.

I only state this because of the severity of the crash, and not knowing any other circumstances with why the other driver did the head-on.

MeowMeow 01-30-2014 10:08 AM

Holy shit
Get well soon dude.

ninjatune 01-30-2014 10:13 AM

So what was the deal with the other driver, why'd he swerve? Drunk?

xXSupa 01-30-2014 10:24 AM

Damn that looks bad..

Hope you and your friend fast recoveries.

I've had good experiences with
Metrotown Law Group
ICBC Lawyer Vancouver Car Accident Lawyer Metrotown Law Group
Ask for Richard Lee

Jegz 01-30-2014 11:08 AM

Thanks guys for the input. I will be heading back to hospital to give the doctor an update to how I'm feeling at the moment as my body is feeling the effects now. Then we'll be looking into lawyers. I'll check out the links you guys sent me.

No idea why the other drive swerved onto our lane. Drunk? Phone use? No idea.

meme405 01-30-2014 11:48 AM

Damn thats crazy. Glad to here everyone is okay for the most part.

Spoiler!

xXSupa 01-30-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8408468)
Damn thats crazy. Glad to here everyone is okay for the most part.

Spoiler!

Last time I checked, physical injuries that involved overnight stays in the hospital, not being able to walk properly, not having full function in one arm, and constant back pain, aren't "made up" injuries.

westopher 01-30-2014 12:19 PM

Fuck dude. That was close to being REALLY bad. Glad you are both walking away from this one. I'd head back to the doctor first to discuss possible issues from the accident before you speak with a lawyer. It will save you billable time with the lawyers.

JSALES 01-30-2014 01:54 PM

get a lawyer and go for physio if needed, my friends went here KazLaw - Vancouver Injury Lawyers after their major accident and contact Marc Kazimirski. This is what they recommended if I ever got in an accident because they got a good settlement

snowball 01-30-2014 06:27 PM

ICBC will take anything you say to not pay out, definitely don't talk to them until your lawyer tells you what to say.

Also: wait, some injuries won't show up right away, I wouldn't sign anything in an accident that severe for YEARS.

tastic 01-30-2014 07:08 PM

Glad you could walk away from that. Scary.

Verdasco 01-31-2014 01:19 AM

god speed to recovery to OP and his friend, almost death threatening crash..