REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Indoor Car Storage (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692450-indoor-car-storage.html)

RDRR 02-01-2014 08:06 AM

Indoor Car Storage

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to park my car for a few months, but I want to keep it indoors, can anyone suggest the best place (ie. best price) for this?

Thank you!

fliptuner 02-01-2014 08:51 AM

Affordable Toronto Public Storage Units - All Canadian Self-Storage

skiiipi 02-02-2014 11:11 AM

Pretty sure that link is for Toronto area only.
The cheapest way is to rent a parking stall from one of the condos that have gated parking.
A lot of people rent out their stalls for $50/month.
Not sure if there is is actually a proper indoor car storage service here in vancouver.
I know they are popular in alberta where the facility are heated and offers trickle charge service for for free.. Not it's less common in the Gvrd for people to have a summer and winter car.
Posted via RS Mobile

racerman88 02-02-2014 11:54 AM

where ever you store it just don't forget to buy storage insurance.
Unfortunately, the storage insurance has come into play for me as my stuff was messed with.

fliptuner 02-02-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8409929)
Pretty sure that link is for Toronto area only.

lol, OP's location was listed as Canada when I posted. :troll:

But yeah, people list condo parking for rent all the time, on CL. He can also park it in a storage unit, depending on what the facility allows. Some allow cars indoors but you can't work on them.

BrRsn 02-02-2014 12:48 PM

craigslist yo frand

Huge Parking Spot in Hudson Building

vancouver, BC all housing classifieds "parking spot" - craigslist

but yeah, storage insurance for sure -- however, I forget if storage insurance is only valid at your place of residence or not.

Ask neighbours/any friends with houses, I'd do it for $200-$250 a month if my car wasn't hibernating in there right now

evlee 02-02-2014 01:06 PM

for example if your car is parked at your parents garage or drive way and you have a different address, simply notify autoplan agent of the new address where the car is parked.

bcrdukes 02-02-2014 02:10 PM

Storage insurance must be registered to the address where the vehicle will be stored, whether you live there or not.

If not, and heaven forbids something happens - GG.

Sherrycanon 07-13-2016 01:03 AM

If you are looking for short term storage then a garage would be an ideal place to store your vehicle. Get a car cover so that it will keep the car free of dust . Consider getting the oil changed if you are planning to store the car for more than 30 days. Make sure to clean the the wheels and the undersides of the fender to get rid of the mud, grease and dirt. If you are planning on storing it for a long period of time then you could get help from storage services. I stored my car in ultrastor self storage Secure Self Storage Company Burlington | Ultrastor while I was on vacation abroad for 3 months. Their boardroom rentals are flexible depending upon per hour or per day basis. For half a day they would charge about $75 and for a whole day it would be about $150. Cancelling your auto insurance while your vehicle is in storage might save you money initially but there is a chance that the insurance company will raise your rates due to a gap in the coverage.This is mostly based on where you live and who your provider is so contact your insurance company to see what options are available for you.

gramser57 07-13-2016 01:30 PM

U-haul in richmond, I've seen someone park their Sti in the bigger storage unit.