REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   RPM Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693516-rpm-electronics.html)

dachinesedude 03-13-2014 02:16 PM

RPM Electronics

has anyone been here for installs before? i can't find any reviews or any mentions on forums and such, just wondering if they are legit

RPM Electronics: Your Local Burnaby Car Electronic Accessories Sales & Installation Services

tia

gilly 03-13-2014 02:20 PM

They are legit. I got my 2 way compustar alarm installed there. Good prices too. They recently moved to Burnaby from their Surrey location.

Cman333 03-13-2014 03:06 PM

There's also two much more experienced sponsors that do quality work on RS

:)

All connections soldered and heatshrunk, all wiring taped/loomed up with all the factory wiring.

Grim 03-13-2014 04:07 PM

how much for a 2way on my s14>? just want to know cause i know ill eventually need it..
prob not anytime soon, but kinda just wanna know for my future reference

Cman333 03-13-2014 10:47 PM

Pricing varies on the model and features you want. More if you have an oem immobilizer or vehicle with some sort of can-bus system for the door locks/lights/etc. Most places charge "cheap" because they do a quick install which usually means a shit mess of wiring and alot of t-tap quick connectors which comes loose very often which leads to frequent revisits to fix things. Thats often why reputable shops almost always solder their connections to ensure you don't get loose connections years down the road.

$349 and up I would guestimate for a basic compustar paging alarm system with the basic bells and whistles from one of the sponsors.

Again your alarm is only going to be as good as the install and features you add on. Anyone actually interested in learning how to secure your vehicle better please read my FAQ (keep in mind I wrote this for RS like 8+ years ago, i've updated it a little bit in 2010) ----------->http://www.revscene.net/forums/63042...ity-101-a.html<---------- RS Security FAQ

lowda9 03-13-2014 11:32 PM

What happens when down the road you want to take out the alarm and all the connections were soldered? In that case is it better to have t taps and connectors so you can just unplug and pull out your alarm? Same goes other electronics such as gauges.

hk20000 03-14-2014 01:25 AM

^ I would think by disconnected the alarm harness and wire around a couple things is all you need to take out an alarm system for resale purposes.

SpeedStars 03-14-2014 01:33 AM

They installed my fog lights for me. Took a little longer than expected but nice flat rate. Also got a bunch of LEDs off them. So far so good :thumbs:. I think they're more well known for HID conversions. Their fb page is filled with them

Cman333 03-14-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowda9 (Post 8435460)
What happens when down the road you want to take out the alarm and all the connections were soldered? In that case is it better to have t taps and connectors so you can just unplug and pull out your alarm? Same goes other electronics such as gauges.

T-Taps are never as reliable. I've be worried if someone installed an alarm/remote starter using T-Taps. Especially for the primary wires that pull lots of current.

T-Taps are just for doing things faster, not better. Sure it will get the job done, but never reliably. Mind you this is just my opinion. To each their own I suppose.

underscore 03-14-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowda9 (Post 8435460)

It will always be better to solder, unless you're testing something prior to soldering because you're unsure. It's not like you can just unplug a couple things and drop the alarm + wiring out, if it IS that easy then it'll be that easy for thieves too.

lowda9 03-14-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8435743)
It will always be better to solder, unless you're testing something prior to soldering because you're unsure. It's not like you can just unplug a couple things and drop the alarm + wiring out, if it IS that easy then it'll be that easy for thieves too.

actually i think it is as easy as unplugging. You could just unplug all the wiring where it plugs into the brain. I guess its a matter of how well the installer can tuck it away.

underscore 03-14-2014 11:31 AM

Well if you're unplugging just the brain, you're leaving the harness behind either way. At that point the install method doesn't have any effect on the ease of removal.

Mr.Jay 03-14-2014 12:22 PM

Guy that owns his place use to work a N-Motion before opening up his own shop

Dragon_27 03-14-2014 03:22 PM

great work, flat rate pricing. I had the ipod interface and navi display mod done to my qx56...

TurboFC3S 03-14-2014 06:33 PM

my friend is one of the owners.. good place. my dad gets alot of headlight work done there and stereo and no complaints, did my gf's hids 2 yrs ago and they still work as well :thumbsup:

XplicitLuder 03-15-2014 12:31 AM

bought my hids from them about 2 weeks ago. it wasnt working at first and i went by and he explained what i should do , as the wiring on the hids can be switched around, and it's been good since. would recommend