REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Canadian Doc owns at US senate hearing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/693528-canadian-doc-owns-us-senate-hearing.html)

Manic! 03-14-2014 02:34 AM

Canadian Doc owns at US senate hearing

MindBomber 03-14-2014 03:16 AM

"Canadian people are very, very nice people, they're not impatient like Americans."

I literally LOL'd.

The American lobbyist certainly is eloquent in conveying her point.

Manic! 03-14-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 8435556)
"Canadian people are very, very nice people, they're not impatient like Americans."

I literally LOL'd.

The American lobbyist certainly is eloquent in conveying her point.

She is Canadian. Her mom did not want her to turn into a impatient American.

Top Obamacare Critic's Op-Eds Drafted by PR Firm That Reps Drug, Health Care Clients | Mother Jones

StylinRed 03-14-2014 05:18 AM

40k canadians traveling to the US for medical imaging? :suspicious: is this based on old data? since imaging clinics are readily available locally for a fee which sounds cheaper than the US (think she said $1000 in the us + flight)

stump 03-14-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8435598)
40k canadians traveling to the US for medical imaging? :suspicious: is this based on old data? since imaging clinics are readily available locally for a fee which sounds cheaper than the US (think she said $1000 in the us + flight)

My coworker went across the border for medical imaging a couple years ago but things might have changed since then.

If I remember correctly, there was a mobile service in northern Washington state that cost like $600. He went across, got the scans and paperwork all within 3-4 hours and came back up to Canada.

I don't know if there was a long wait for the same thing in Canada.

Lomac 03-14-2014 06:14 AM

The more I see of Sen. Sanders, the more I like him. We need more guys like him in the Canadian Parliament. Who wants to sponsor his citizenship? :lol

seekerbeta 03-14-2014 07:23 AM

It depends alot on the Severity of the Case, my Step-Father had a possible diagnosis of late stage cancer, and they got him in for a CT scan and MRI within approx 1 week. but for me, i had a diagnosis of a mild stomach irritation a couple years back, and they told me approx 1 to 2 months for the Barium Xray and CT Scan. i could live with waiting, My Step-Father, not so much.

tool001 03-14-2014 11:12 AM

working in healthcare sector for over 5 years and with my recent exp. of family member going thru double bypass, i can say for certain, we need a 2 tier system with guidelines.

duy- 03-14-2014 11:30 AM

isnt having usa just south of the border kind of a 2 tier system?