REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Her, I think you mean.
Lol yes. It autocorrected em to him
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So no one on RS has a mail box across the boarder?
I order parts to point Roberts all the time. Declare it every time And have never NOT been sent in to pay. That's part of being a Canadian and being a productive member of society
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I order parts to point Roberts all the time. Declare it every time And have never NOT been sent in to pay. That's part of being a Canadian and being a productive member of society
Posted via RS Mobile
Point Roberts was terrible for me, every single time I had stuff shipped there I would get sent in and have to pay duty. I now ship to Hagens of Blaine, never had to pay at that crossing is fucking weird. I declare every time as well, provide receipts but for me anyway the Point Roberts guards were never good to me.

My wife goes weekly she's never paid a cent of duty on anything ever.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Legally you are supposed to pay. Next time tell the boarder agent you want to go inside and pay instead of breaking the law. Or you can just pay revenue Canada when you pay your taxes.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
On a side note paying duties in person isn't that bad, I just had a $80 fender eliminator shipped to my office they charged me $60 in duties and brokerage fees the shipping and brokerage cost the same as the item.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
On a side note paying duties in person isn't that bad, I just had a $80 fender eliminator shipped to my office they charged me $60 in duties and brokerage fees the shipping and brokerage cost the same as the item.
It's the brokerage that gets you. You can easily find the duty costs for items being imported into Canada for personal use, but brokerage fees are just subjective costs forwarded to you by shipping companies. If you read the cost breakdown for UPS, it's ridiculous.

I know for UPS, if you opt for anything but UPS ground the brokerage cost is included. But of course you're paying more for said shipping service.

It's always better to cross yourself and pick it up.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #32
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
It's the brokerage that gets you. You can easily find the duty costs for items being imported into Canada for personal use, but brokerage fees are just subjective costs forwarded to you by shipping companies. If you read the cost breakdown for UPS, it's ridiculous.

I know for UPS, if you opt for anything but UPS ground the brokerage cost is included. But of course you're paying more for said shipping service.

It's always better to cross yourself and pick it up.
Yeah or don't use UPS. Canada Post charges a $10 handling fee above whatever CBSA charges in terms of duty, I've always found it relatively reasonable. That being said, I've never had a low-value item (under $150) taxed... from what I hear, it is manually done by CBSA officers, so like the border crossing it really depends on the officer you get
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #33
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Legally you are supposed to pay. Next time tell the boarder agent you want to go inside and pay instead of breaking the law. Or you can just pay revenue Canada when you pay your taxes.
Legally, you should get a ticket for speeding. Next time you find yourself going over the speed limit, go find the closest cop and demand your ticket.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #34
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
Legally, you should get a ticket for speeding. Next time you find yourself going over the speed limit, go find the closest cop and demand your ticket.
I'm not the one claiming to be a dudley do right.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #35
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
If that's what I am cause I declare my goods then......ok.

By failing us for cursing someone who doesn't, are you implying that you support her actions?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #36
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
We still have to declare stuff you bring back.. its up to the boarding crossing guard to tax us or not.. unless of you lie about it when you bring stuff back?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #37
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
think you guys missed the point about her being caught back in 2011

so she wont be on that ridiculous show border security (is that canceled yet?)

and she's surely finished her studies by now if not already working

court delays
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #38
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

dumb bitch, these rich ppl deserve what they get. Everyone else has to do it. I hate these cheap rich folks especially the rich chinese here. I am asian as well
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 PM   #39

Quote:
Lol dumbass read it again. I said I've never NOT been sent into pay. Which means i HAVE paid every single time.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
and she's surely finished her studies by now if not already working
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Chances are she will never work a day in this lifetime...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #41
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
It's "border", not "boarder".
Old 03-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Big whoop, this happens all the time.
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #43
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

That would be awesome if they confiscated her items too.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #44
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Rich fobs... sigh
jpw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #45
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Paying the court-ordered fine of $10,000 wasn’t the issue. Zhao, the court heard, was in the final year of her university program and wanted to remain in Canada to finish it — with the possibility of entering a financial career in the country. The conviction would have put her status in Canada in jeopardy.
u and i and every other person know very well that this person aint gonna stay here and work after her studies. we all know that she will go back to her home town and take over her daddy's business cause shes got "education and a degree" from an overseas university. so her using the excuse that she needs to finish her studies so she can find a job here is BS. i say deny her visa so the past 3 years of university is a complete waste for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #46
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
u and i and every other person know very well that this person aint gonna stay here and work after her studies. we all know that she will go back to her home town and take over her daddy's business cause shes got "education and a degree" from an overseas university. so her using the excuse that she needs to finish her studies so she can find a job here is BS. i say deny her visa so the past 3 years of university is a complete waste for her.
the fact that she wants to go into financial career is even scarier to me. do we need someone with poor ethics and moral like her working in the financial industry handling other people's money when she can't even be honest with herself?
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

Hey guys. I heard we should deport all tax dodgers. Let's start lining up all the waiters and waitresses and build them an ark.

The only reason you guys want to deport this girl is because she's filthy rich and a mainlander. Heck whenever I cross the border into Sumas I see tons of indian high school girls ripping off the tags from the handbags they bought online. Should I be telling the border agents to deport them and their families as well?

No one is defending her crime, but I think we're trying to lynch her for the wrong reasons.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #48

you cannot compare a $300 bag someone bought online to $56,000 of goods from a repeat offender. each crime has a seperate and appropriate punishment. deporting a family due to not declaring a $300 bag is not just.

maybe deporting her is a bit too severe, but just handing her a 10k fine that she can CLEARLY afford is not an appropriate punishment, and no lesson will be learned.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #49
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

they should make her work community service hours. The 10,000 fine/min.wage per hour = community service hours and get everyone to film her and send it back to her homeland

im pretty sure thats the only way shes gonna "learn"
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #50
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Jail time... this isnt the first time.. so you let her off with a fine.. then next time like what.. she tries to sneak across with $100k+?? come on... Fraud is fruad...