REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   License Relocator (https://www.revscene.net/forums/694537-license-relocator.html)

KingKaze 04-18-2014 09:49 AM

License Relocator

So I got one and don't got a drill to put the holes in, but before I even touch the bumper I wanted to know if I should be taking it off before I do the holes.

I'm debating going to a shop or doing it myself (call a friend that has a drill).

People say its easy but I rather not F up my bumper, do it right or do it twice right?

Also it goes on the passenger side, illegal? or just random pulling over with warnings?

white rocket 04-18-2014 09:57 AM

If you can reach in behind the bumper to secure the nut to the bolt then you should be fine. Otherwise the bumper may have to be removed. Unless you use a screw but that may put stress cracks in the bumper. The authorities shouldn't care as long as you are displaying a front plate although cops can be dicks.

Tone Loc 04-18-2014 09:59 AM

You don't need to take it to a shop... just borrow a drill, mark off the holes, and drill away. Remember to go with a small bit ---> large bit and test the screw each time you move up to make sure it fits.

Depends on the cop IMO. Technically, the front plate should be at the front "point" of the car which is technically the center, this is why most new cars come like that - even the Mazda 3, which IMO looks so stupid with the front plate in the middle of that beautiful grille. If the 5-0 is going to bust your balls he's gonna bust your balls, even if you have a 100% stock car and he doesn't like you he'll try to find something to get you on. Case in point, my friend's Acura EL was a US import and Crappy Tire wired up the DRL's to the lower lights (the "fogs") and a police officer gave him shit for it as if he was the one who did the work. He was able to produce the receipt and invoice for the work done by Crappy Tire but the officer didn't really care and gave him a "warning".

TheMatty 04-18-2014 01:27 PM

any time i've been pulled over or at a road block, none of the police officers said anything about my plate being on the side. hell it's stock on the side for my car

StanleyR 04-18-2014 05:46 PM

FWIW the F150's with the Ecoboost all have side mounted plates. That's due to required airflow for the Intercooler (that's also a quick and easy way you can tell an ecoboost from a regular F150)

OP, mount it anywhere on the front, I'm sure you'll be fine

KingKaze 04-19-2014 10:06 AM

Is there an issue I should be worried about if the license plate relocator is on the passenger side? is it going to block any crazy air flow to my car?