REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 11-25-2020, 03:21 AM   #2101
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I stopped buying new hardware a few years ago, I came to a conclusion that I have enough of what I like already. I feel for all the shops that had stock of all these guns that are now on 'the list', they took a big hit.

Now the PoPo themselves are speaking up against the OIC

https://firearmrights.ca/en/national...ge8iL6_hJorHdA
Advertisement
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #2102
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

lots of people seem to be going this route, uses ar15 mags and 5.56

https://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com...-12-36928.html

imo I'm not touching anything semi auto or tactical looking just to have it banned
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 03:57 AM   #2103

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus View Post

imo I'm not touching anything semi auto or tactical looking just to have it banned
Almost all of your gear fell into this group, though. You've come to the bolt side eh?
Old 12-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Almost all of your gear fell into this group, though. You've come to the bolt side eh?
Haha isn't it weird a bunch of boating accidents were reported jk

don't have one yet just switched to a glock recently but haven't been really motivated to shoot after the ban tbh just glad we got to shoot some c7 last month to qualify.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #2105

Yeah, I've held off on picking up a new 9mm. Think I'll wait until Crime Minister is done playing Stalin. BUt I need to get out and shoot, my .357 is calling my name. You ever here from hypa anymore?
Old 12-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #2106

no i havent its been a while.

people should start stocking up now with shortages happening down south
Old 12-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #2107
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:

At this point I don't want to buy anything period in fear it'll just be banned by. In one fell swoop all but one of my guns are prohibited. All the time and money spent on the guns, cases to specifically fit those guns, red dots, new grip, list goes on I don't suppose they're going to be buying back furniture right? Probably not fuckers.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:34 PM   #2108

Quote:
no i havent its been a while.

people should start stocking up now with shortages happening down south
I'm always well stocked. Got my press working hard on the weekend. Pumped out almost 700 rounds of .357 and ordered another $700 of reloading supplies.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #2109

Had a good friend of mine get a heart jammer and is now in ICU at VGH, waiting to have a triple bypass on Monday. He's scared, but told me to live it up while I can - and "order that damn 9mm you've been pondering for almost a year". So I did.

First 9mm, first plastic gun, first striker fire, and first pistol with a red dot. Why not? Should be fun to shoot.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:52 AM   #2110
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Ellwood Epps Kimber Sale

So I got this from Redflagdeals, looks like Ellwood Epps is having a sale on some Kimber 1911s. It's supposed to the be demo stock of one of the Kimber reps who retired, and is clearing it out. Most have about 100 rounds through them if that, and are in excellent shape.

I am so tempted right now... Contemplating between the Aegis Pro II, Tactical Pro II and CDP Pro II, all in 9mm.
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #2111

You've obviously heard the stigma about Kimber 1911's? Like - John Wick scenes were so fake because his Kimber didn't jam. I don't know if the new ones are better, but I'd look into it first. However, a quality 1911 under a grand is very tempting. I really like my Remington R1 Command Carry CT, though she is a snappy little bitch in .45; it keeps me on guard, for sure.

That being said, 1911s are fun to shoot and easy to work on, with a touch of classy nostalgia mixed in; I'll never shy someone away from buying one, no matter what calibre.

So....congrats on the new pistol! Which one did you get?
Old 01-23-2021, 12:18 AM   #2112

I heard about the stigma, but I'm willing to chance it.

Ordered a Tactical Pro II in 9mm, not sure if I should have gone with one of the other ones... too many choices! I didn't really want a two-tone gun which the other two are, so the Tactical Pro II won based on colour? Not sure if the details on the others would have been much different in any case.
fml
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2021, 06:51 AM   #2113

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
I heard about the stigma, but I'm willing to chance it.

Ordered a Tactical Pro II in 9mm, not sure if I should have gone with one of the other ones... too many choices! I didn't really want a two-tone gun which the other two are, so the Tactical Pro II won based on colour? Not sure if the details on the others would have been much different in any case.
Some of the Pro Tacticals they have listed are two tones in 9mm, it may vary by pistol? Either way, I think that would be the best model of them all; I'm not a fan of rounded or "bob'd" hand grip. I always liked the bushingless look - let us know how it shoots and I'd like to know how it tears down.

https://ellwoodepps.com/kimber-1911-...bl-245738.html

I just got a notification that my Canik is ready for pick up at the Post Office, so I'll be heading there in an hour.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:04 AM   #2114

The mail man delivers. Might get it out to the range tomorrow - looks like it's going to be a fun one.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #2115

I think from what I've seen the two-tone Tactical Pro IIs are fairly mild - dark grey frame, black slide. Versus the other ones which are like black slide/silver frame, or black frame/silver slide.

That's a good looking kit! Is this your first striker fired pistol?
fml
Old 01-23-2021, 02:36 PM   #2116

Quote:
I think from what I've seen the two-tone Tactical Pro IIs are fairly mild - dark grey frame, black slide. Versus the other ones which are like black slide/silver frame, or black frame/silver slide.

That's a good looking kit! Is this your first striker fired pistol?
Whole lot of firsts. First: 9mm, plastic fantastic, striker fire, and red dot. So, lots to learn, which keeps the sport fun. I've read lots of good things about this pistol, so I'm looking forward to opening it up.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #2117

I managed to get to the range around 10am this morning to sight in this pistol and I had the entire range to myself until I left at noon; it was bliss.

Here is a pic of shots 50-100, after I had sighted in the Vortex for the first 50 rounds. First 50 were 124g, these next 50 were 115g. Had two stove pipes in these 50, and then nothing for the next 200 rounds after it broke in. So, this pistol is a shooter, as long as I do my part. Shots fired from a bag at 10 metre distance.

The next 200 rounds I shot free hand and I found I needed to readjust the red dot for my stance; after I figured all that out, I had a good time learning to shoot this pistol. On my last mag I set up a pop can at the 30 metre backstop and I managed 4 out of 10 shots into my Coke can; this is my favourite way to recycle, by the way.

I'm happy with this purchase, I think it is going to be a heck of a lot of fun and I can afford a lot more ammo with the $$ I saved choosing this over another similar brand; the reviews seem accurate, just like this gun.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2021, 10:54 PM   #2118

Very nice results! Nice to have a fairly empty range to yourself.
fml
Old 02-12-2021, 08:05 AM   #2119

Well she's here! Really pretty 1911, looks pretty much brand new, and with a pretty sweet trigger! Can't wait to go to the range and try her out!

fml
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2021, 08:38 AM   #2120

That looks good, the grey is quote dark. Let us know how it shoots.

I'm trying to locate 9mm LEE dies - good luck.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #2121
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Well she's here! Really pretty 1911, looks pretty much brand new, and with a pretty sweet trigger! Can't wait to go to the range and try her out!

Vancouver ready to pull trigger on banning hand guns, as B.C. opens firearms lab

Thanks libs. you guys still planning on buying more or just going to put it on hold? Really hoping Langley is smart enough to push this to the side and say screw off.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #2122

Holding pattern - though I don't think municipalities can have a successful gun ban. I am sure that will cause some hand-waving, but I think most of this is smoke-and-mirrors to distract from the botched Covid vaccine rollout.
fml
Old 02-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #2123
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
I know airsofters are up in arms, c21 reclassifies 99% of the models in use as replicas, so they're all going to be prohibited.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:38 PM   #2124

2 days after introducing Bill C-21 where our PM said gun crimes are unacceptable, so he wants to make criminals out of law abiding gun owners, he introduces Bill C-22, which now reduces mandatory gun crime sentences, including smuggling, under the pretense of "systemic racism". Unreal. It's racist to treat criminals with punitive reactions, but mandatory to make lawful citizens criminals and confiscate their property.

Mandatory minimum sentences are being removed for a long list of offences including:

– Use of firearm in commission of offence

– Possession of restricted or prohibited weapon knowing possession is unauthorized

– Possession of loaded handgun

– Possession of weapon obtained through crime

– Weapons trafficking

– Unauthorized import/export of firearm

– Illegal discharge of a firearm with intent

– Robbery with firearm

– Extortion with firearm

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...5KsuwqZpE68rPA
Old 02-25-2021, 10:43 AM   #2125

So, range report. The Kimber worked fairly well, not sure if it's break-in issues but had two literal jams plus a couple of FTF double feeds and FTE stovepipes. The jams were the rounds getting stuck between the breech face and the ramp or barrel area, I'd guess - the solution was to drop the mag, re-insert the mag hard (which would then bump the bullet up), and then try to rack the slide. A couple of times the gun would be not quite in battery, and wouldn't fire. Had to tap the slide forward to re-seat it and then it fired fine. Annoying, but hopefully something that can be resolved.

Ammo used was a combination of Remington MLE 9mm 115gr FMJ, and Custom Reloading's 125gr Hi-Tek Coated 9mm, both of which have fired fine in my Glock and my friends' other 9mm guns. The jams occurred twice, once with each type of ammo - not sure if it's a mag problem or gun problem. Mags used were the stock Kimber, and 4 Mec-Gar mags I got at Reliable. Ran about 150-200 rounds through the gun, about 5-7 FTF/FTEs.

When it did shoot, it shot well! Very accurate, felt awesome in the hand, with a crisp trigger. Having my sister tag along meant that I couldn't really focus on shooting that much, as I had to keep an eye on her, but I will likely go back next week to shoot more through the gun and see how it does after the recommended 500 round break-in period.

Have to say - cleaning a 1911 is a lot more fiddly than cleaning a Glock, and I have a dent in the ceiling now. Thankfully it missed the light fixture and you don't know it's there unless you know where to look! Stupid Kimber recoil spring cap! Also, might just be my impression but it feels like it gets a lot dirtier than the Glock does - maybe I didn't clean it as well as I did when I first got it?
fml
This post thanked by: