REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,717 Times in 689 Posts
LA Clippers owner, "Don't bring black people to my games"

Can't embed the audio, but go to the link if you want to hear it.

Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to GF -- Don't Bring Black People to My Games ... Including Magic Johnson | TMZ.com

-------

Now am I the only one on the entire interwebs that doesn't think this guy is racist? To me it just seems like he is a weak man who has friends who are racists and they are the ones making fun of him because his girlfriend is a minority and takes pictures with minorities? Therefore, he is embarrassed because all of his friends are badgering him about it.

He clearly stated he has no problems with minorities and he doesn't care if she hangs out with minorities, he just doesn't want her to post pictures of her with them because it seems like his friends are heckling him about it.

Like he said, he's from a different era and the people he associates with have that mindset of that era. To me, he seems like those caucasians in the south who protect minorities, but don't want their friends to know.

That's just me though. Thoughts?
Advertisement
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #2

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
they are the ones making fun of him because his girlfriend is a minority and takes pictures with minorities? Therefore, he is embarrassed because all of his friends are badgering him about it.
lolwut

the guy is a grown ass 81 fucking years old man and cares about his friends "making fun of him"? What is he? fucking 8?

He's just a racist who got recorded, simple as that.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Yes, you're the one person on the internet that's clueless enough to not see that he's racist.

His 'girlfriend' is a hooker.

He's not "weak," he's worth $2 billion.

His friends opinion isn't an excuse, if that's the reason (it's not).

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-26-2014 at 10:13 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

A Brief History of Donald Sterling's Alleged Racism | Bleacher Report

"Housing Discrimination" against African Americans and Hispanics payed 2 million.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #5

Who cares?

His girlfriend must have gotten not enough money so she decided to fuck up his business by recording his racial comments. Blame Sterling for trusting his girlfriend.

Snoop Dogg's Message to Donald Sterling on Instagram | Complex
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lmfao @ the OP reaching so hard to justify Sterling's racism

ITT: We learn that OP doesn't like minorities, either.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
"I'm not racist but I don't want you bringing black people to Clippers games."

Yep, not racist at all.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:56 PM   #8

ODoes racism have degrees to it then?
Because wouldn't a racist not want her to have any association with minorities at all?
He clearly states, that he knows and likes minorities, said she could house them, feed them, even f*ck them. His only request is she not post pictures on instagram with them.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
"I'm not racist but I don't want you bringing black people to Clippers games."

Yep, not racist at all.
I'm thinking he said this because his friends might be at the games. It just seems he just cares more about what his friends think. That seems like that is his main issue, what his friends think of him.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #10
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
his gf's black his team is black but he hates black people...but he's not racist he's a businessman

sounds like a modern day plantation slave owner who slept with his prisoners
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #11
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
ODoes racism have degrees to it then?
Because wouldn't a racist not want her to have any association with minorities at all?
He clearly states, that he knows and likes minorities, said she could house them, feed them, even f*ck them. His only request is she not post pictures on instagram with them.
Posted via RS Mobile
A racist treats someone different from them differently. Maybe there are degrees of racism but it doesn't change the fact that he's a big fat racist.

Maybe he has racist friends but someone that isn't a racist would probably tell his friends they can go fuck themselves.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #12
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Now am I the only one on the entire interwebs that doesn't think this guy is racist? To me it just seems like he is a weak man who has friends who are racists and they are the ones making fun of him because his girlfriend is a minority and takes pictures with minorities? Therefore, he is embarrassed because all of his friends are badgering him about it.

He clearly stated he has no problems with minorities and he doesn't care if she hangs out with minorities, he just doesn't want her to post pictures of her with them because it seems like his friends are heckling him about it.

Like he said, he's from a different era and the people he associates with have that mindset of that era. To me, he seems like those caucasians in the south who protect minorities, but don't want their friends to know.

That's just me though. Thoughts?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
My god, why doesn't he just keep his pie hole shut.

All his players are black, his whore slapper is mixed black/Hispanic (and is a good digger), wtf is up with this guy

I can't tell u what to think. But we can all tell him to keep his opinions to himself as no one wants to hear this drivel
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #14
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
am i the only one that gets what he's saying.

he's saying theoretically there's nothing wrong with minorities. but in real world applications, people act certain ways and perceive and stereotype people by the race they are. and a man of his reputation and stature, a lot of business is by reputation. and if he feels the people he works with will make his life harder because of those "broadcasts" then he will likely not want those kind of broadcasts... well, broadcasted. it hurts his reputation regardless of whether he cares or not. and in his business reputation matters.

its just the reality of things.
there's two extremes of image and caring about what other people think... one is a slight insecurity, but you're only insecure because you're able to perceive the negative effects of how others perceive you. and if you care about your image, then obviously it matters. regardless of whether you feel racist or not.

imagine if you were working on wall street. you can imagine the people u work with. and then your gf who's widely known as your gf starts bringing her gay friends to your parties and taking pics with gays. even if you're not anti homo, you know your work is gonna give you a hard time about it. so naturally you'd tell your gf to stop making your life harder. those things don't need to be "broadcasted". there's gonna be a reaction.

yes, you shouldn't care. but the real world doesn't work like that. there is always a reaction.

if you care about your career, you have to play by the rules of that career (which is made up of what other people in that field think). reputation and imagery amongst your field of work is everything if that is your passion.

all it is, is keeping the balance of security amongst the group you're associated with.

edit: oops, peanutbutter pretty much has the same perspective i do. when a person has a hyper sensitivity of detecting the balance and comfort of others (even if it's an insecurity of others), you just can't help but feel bad if you upset the balance. that's all it is. you don't wanna be the party pooper. and you recognize that even though these other people have insecurities, that's just their value system and the way they live their life. and you have no right to be righteous and say that they are absolutely WRONG. it's just another way of life. it's better to just keep the balance and not bring trouble to your own life. especially when no one is getting physically harmed.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-27-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-27-2014, 01:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
am i the only one that gets what he's saying.

he's saying theoretically there's nothing wrong with minorities. but in real world applications, people act certain ways and perceive and stereotype people by the race they are. and a man of his reputation and stature, a lot of business is by reputation. and if he feels the people he works with will make his life harder because of those "broadcasts" then he will likely not want those kind of broadcasts... well, broadcasted. it hurts his reputation regardless of whether he cares or not. and in his business reputation matters.

its just the reality of things.
there's two extremes of image and caring about what other people think... one is a slight insecurity, but you're only insecure because you're able to perceive the negative effects of how others perceive you. and if you care about your image, then obviously it matters. regardless of whether you feel racist or not.

yes, you shouldn't care. but the real world doesn't work like that. there is always a reaction.
correct me if i'm wrong, but he's bitching about pics of his gold digger gf posting pics of her with black people, he's not involved in these pics other than her association with him

given what she is, i think he's already killed his image, he's 81, she's a fruit loop fake titted gold digging 20 or 30 something year old... the whole situation is a nasty one with nasty people involved.

rich or not, this guy is disgusting

he also has a history of racist remarks, these comments have not shocked those in so. cal., more of just a facepalm 'not again' moment
Old 04-27-2014, 01:44 AM   #16
I keep RS good

everyone has felt what he has felt man...

another example is if you're a jock and all your friends are jocks and you start bringing and hanging out with philosophers all the time, and you didn't give a fuck of what other ppl thought... you're only gonna push yourself further away from your group.

so it just comes down to value system. if you value the group your with, or if you value your own value systems more (in some ways more egotistical cuz you care for what you feel over the group).

the vice versa can be said... if you were a geek and all your friends were geeks, and then suddenly you start hanging with hardcore G's. your group is gonna slowly push you out.

and from my own research, about 50% of the population care more about the group, and 50% care more about their own value system. so really who's right? there is no absolute objective cosmic "right". it's just a method of evolution. no one is right or wrong. it's just how you perceive the situation.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-27-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:45 AM   #17
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
correct me if i'm wrong, but he's bitching about pics of his gold digger gf posting pics of her with black people, he's not involved in these pics other than her association with him
guilty by association. you are who your crew is. doesn't matter how you feel. the public will always perceive it that way.

this is where politicians and governments are pro. they understand this. this is the basis of deception of manipulation. image and how public perceives you is everything.

this is just an example of politics. on the surface it's nice and clean. but if you found out what they were talking about and planning in their meetings, it would sound exactly what this guy is saying. it would all be about navigating and manipulation and worrying about public perception and trying to display other things that you're not, to gain ground and favour.

it's just a fucking game of life some people live by man.

all it is, is the ability to be compassionate, but you're hyper sensitive to the group you're part of, and your value systems dictate that you value group thought, and to not upset the balance. but you yourself don't wanna be ostracised, so you try control it by manipulation.

but if you're hyper sensitive to group thought, you're also hyper sensitive to political correctness on a global standard, that's why you TRY to keep it to yourself. cuz you know you're trying to play both sides. appear as cool guy to your group, and to the world, but the values conflict.

i'm not justifying what he has said at face value... i am just explaining the mechanics of his perception (which 50% of the populations shares)

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-27-2014 at 02:03 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #18
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,783 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
-- "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games." (5:15)

Read more: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling to GF -- Don't Bring Black People to My Games ... Including Magic Johnson | TMZ.com
is his gf sleeping with guys on the side and bringing them to games or something?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
guilty by association. you are who your crew is. doesn't matter how you feel. the public will always perceive it that way.

this is where politicians and governments are pro. they understand this. this is the basis of deception of manipulation. image and how public perceives you is everything.

this is just an example of politics. on the surface it's nice and clean. but if you found out what they were talking about and planning in their meetings, it would sound exactly what this guy is saying. it would all be about navigating and manipulation and worrying about public perception and trying to display other things that you're not, to gain ground and favour.

it's just a fucking game of life some people live by man.

all it is, is the ability to be compassionate, but you're hyper sensitive to the group you're part of, and your value systems dictate that you value group thought, and to not upset the balance. but you yourself don't wanna be ostracised, so you try control it by manipulation.

but if you're hyper sensitive to group thought, you're also hyper sensitive to political correctness on a global standard, that's why you TRY to keep it to yourself. cuz you know you're trying to play both sides. appear as cool guy to your group, and to the world, but the values conflict.

i'm not justifying what he has said at face value... i am just explaining the mechanics of his perception (which 50% of the populations shares)
I think ur taking too much from this. The fundamental piece of information is that is 50 yr younger gf is half black, half Hispanic (or something like that) - he's worried about his "crew" by association? I think the damage to his credentials is already done.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
lol.... his team is fucked post playoffs, no one is going to stay. Snoop dogs response LOL

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #21
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
lol.... his team is fucked post playoffs, no one is going to stay. Snoop dogs response LOL
Except for jj redick
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #22
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
maybe Paula Dean will stay and watch the game
Posted via RS Mobile
kkthind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Blake Griffin is half white half black though...
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Blake Griffin is half white half black though...
Posted via RS Mobile
lol what does him being half white half black have to do with anything? im chinese and im mad as fuck atm

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
When it's all said and done, I bet you players will be more concerned with whether or not their cheques cash...
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote