REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #26
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1992EG View Post
As you failed my post and pat yourselves on the back.

And don't lecture me about privacy when you post a picture of his home.
You're right, posting a publicly available photo of his home taken from the street IS exactly the same as being the "never before heard inside voice" on a documentary expose of the family.

Mark
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 AM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
He's an old school guy who came from absolutely no money and has not let being one of the world's richest people change his way of life virtually at all. I don't begrudge him for asking his family to respect a code of silence to keep his life private, and he's well within his rights to not financially support his adopted grand-daughter regardless of whether or not she spoke out against him.

Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1992EG View Post
Warren Buffet came from nothing, that's true. It's speaks to someone's character when they believe that they are right and no one else's opinion matters.

And don't lecture me about privacy when you post a picture of his home.
Why do you guys think he came from nothing? His father owned a brokerage firm and was a congressman and his grandparents owned a grocery business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Buffett
But yea the way he treats his family IMO is brutal

Last edited by minoru_tanaka; 05-05-2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: link
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #28
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
I should have been more careful with my words - it's not that his family didn't have any money, it's that he wasn't given a bunch of it - he started out with his own money from his own odd jobs, then started raising money from his friends, then acquaintances, etc.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Whats his field?
His field is making money. And judging by how he is the 5th richest person in the world, I'd argue he must be pretty fucking good at it.

The man is brilliant. There is no denying that. Whether you like him or not is a matter of opinion.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: