REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Wrong Vehicle Description (https://www.revscene.net/forums/695456-wrong-vehicle-description.html)

xXSupa 05-23-2014 03:49 PM

Wrong Vehicle Description

My friend got pulled over for speeding earlier today. The officer wrote him a ticket for going 30 over.

However, when he looked at the ticket, the license plate number was correct, but the vehicle description was wrong.

He drives a sedan and the vehicle description on the ticket was of an SUV. Do you think he would win if he tried to dispute the ticket?

snails 05-23-2014 03:51 PM

i doubt it.. things like plate, date, name, vin are the important ones they cant fck up on.. doesnt hurt to try?

inb4 "your friend deserved the ticket, blah blah"

xXSupa 05-23-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8476003)
inb4 "your friend deserved the ticket, blah blah"

I'm not saying he doesn't, haha.

He called me after getting the ticket and asked if he would be able to dispute it. I said it's worth a shot. LOL
I'm actually curious on the topic which is why I'm asking RS

zulutango 05-23-2014 04:44 PM

Tell your "Friend" to read what it says on the front of his ticket..where it talks about shaded areas.

fliptuner 05-23-2014 04:44 PM

Can he dispute it? Sure.

Will he be successful? Probably not.

noclue 05-23-2014 11:38 PM

Most people who post in the police section never take responsibility and think they can get off with a small technicality. License plate error maybe, description no way. Common sense folks.

320icar 05-24-2014 12:34 AM

tell your friend to stop being a twat and pay the goddamn ticket that he is clearly guilty for

seriously! fuck this website and its members clear lack of social morality

J.C 05-24-2014 05:38 AM

clearly his sedan needs more low :troll:

meme405 05-25-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8476268)
seriously! fuck this website and its members clear lack of social morality

It's not just this website, I see this kind of bullshit every fucking day.

I kinda wish it costed more than 25 bucks to dispute a ticket, maybe that way less asshats with nothing to lose would actually do it.

This bullshit about getting around the learners system while disputing the ticket is fucking horse shit too. They should trap you in whatever stage you are at until your court date and the charge either sticks or is dropped.

I'm sick of people not owning up to their mistakes, and paying the consequences, this world is way to full of people who try and bypass the system and get off on technicalities.

I kind of wish the courts would just absolutely drop the hammer on a few of the idiots disputing tickets they have no business disputing.

underscore 06-02-2014 11:37 AM

^ agreed. They need to be harsher on the people wasting the courts time since clearly they will never have the balls to own up to their mistakes.

Ironically the people wasting time with BS disputes also tend to be the ones bitching about how criminals get off of convictions (due to backlog) and they fail to see the connection.